Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 103.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Abeged "introduction"

Abeged - - User Introduction Board

- "Do you prefer to type up your thoughts or write them down by hand?" I take it you mean paper/pixel based. My handwriting is beyond awful and unreadable, most of the time for me included. So yeah, I prefer typing down my thoughts, I've used a computer for so long I type in a speed I couldn't match if I were to write on paper with both hands at the same time. I also tend to listen to music at all times I'm writing longer segments, so I need the computer anyways. I like black pens. Black on whit…

• Abeged "introduction"

Abeged - - User Introduction Board

So I'm not much for introducing myself, I tend to get lost in the deep space known as concentration and end up writing a novel. Which is why: "introduction", is in quotation marks. I'm sort of hoping you guys will direct my writing in order to prevent walls of text. Thought it was about time I made one of these, just in case.

• Well in war you win by having the lesser losses, and greater damage dealt. As such gold cost is completely irrelevant. If you're looking for an option to plunder barbarians in the beginning of the game, there's no point in calculating who would win. Of course I could calculate the victor, though I'd prefer not to. That's another hour of work to conclude that SG's that doesn't need waving quite simply are going to be better. They would have the advantage of no waves, like hops, and greater power,…

• Ikariam, The Novel

Abeged - - Game Discussion

I see now I never came back to accuracy.. Huh. I'm not going to do so now, but hopefully what I'm copying in down below will give you an understanding of my developed understanding of accuracy. It is as always only a theory, but I'd like to believe I am getting closer. For the thread I wrote this response to, go to: Doctors are weird! Need engineer! :D Anyways, it's a heavy read. Get a drink before starting. You know I wasn't planning on doing any math today, but on top of that mad compliment I'…

• You know I wasn't planning on doing any math today, but on top of that mad compliment I'm suddenly feeling inspired. Anyhow, I guess I could calculate the outcome of a standard SG battle with and without doctors, now engineers. I'll assume both sides are using SG's. One without engineers and one with. This is based on the fact that if one person is waving SG's, the other person almost always mirrors you no matter his skill level. Anyhow. There's a whole lot of units who would be affected by engi…

• Lag

Abeged - - Help and Questions

I have the same on both English and Danish servers. I'm like 99% certain this is because I'm in Australia. So if you're based far away from the servers that might be the reason. Not that I'm a networking expert, quite the opposite.

• Alpha allainces

Hah, for 7 building slots of level 32 embassies? I have one level 25 embassy, at this point an upgrade would cost 110.000 resources (45k wood & 65k marble). This was the bonus for today. This is for 18 members. It would take 110000/(816+4*204) = 67 days to make up for that. If I were to upgrade it to 32 it would probably be a couple of years before I'd be making profit

• Alpha allainces

202 members... Good thing I'm not the one spending 7 building slots to house members.. 1 is already a problem

• Alpha allainces

Ah that's nothing. Charon has 22 alliances left, including "GO's". 1 of those have more than 20 members, 3 with more than 15. The total TS of all alliances is less than double the TS of the "largest" alliance. There are 99 accounts with more than 1 mil TS. The server is 3 years old. If anything it's just the optimal place to farm inactives and build accounts in the hope of a future merger.

• There's an answer to any question, don't just go with maybe, perhaps and "do this". You're saying it would take you 75 ships to fill out the frontline. This is false. I am assuming you are looking at the 8+ sea battleplan in the ingame help tab. The numbers here are incorrect and based on a single unit. The amount varies based on every ship. As far as I remember the number is 7 ships per slot, 5 slots. This means that the maximum amount of flames you could have in at any one time is 35. Now I do…

• Alliance viewing rights

It is only the home secretary who can see resources and the general who can see military compositions. There is no way to duplicate this effect. You can however allow him to moderate members (kick, promote, demote, etc), view alliance treaties and moderate the board. That's about how far it goes.

• Doctor at War

This question was discussed recently, and even I learned something from this thread. Find the thread called: Doctors to troops ratio? Need tips/advice (or just follow the link). The effect doctors have is fairly well discussed in said thread. As for cooks. Each cook raises the morale by a little bit, I don't remember the exact number but I'm sure you can find it if you're eager enough. The tldr is, you'll need cooks, otherwise your army will flee. A 20 something cooks is enough to sustain any ba…

• WorkShop

You can indeed apply math. I am working full time at the moment, and as such the time I wish to doing the same math several times is falling. Feel free to look up several of my posts where I have done math. From memory I can tell you there's one in the thread called "ikariam, the novel". Just skip past the guide, and the math will be beneath. Some of the information is a little outdated, but the core of the math and the general principle still holds true. Any changes you'll also be able to find …

• WorkShop

The workshop works exactly like you think it does. A catapult as you said has 133 base damage. Fully upgraded it will have 136. An increase of ~2%. For a hoplite with a base of 18 however it will do 21 damage. An increase of ~17%. Use your crystal wisely in the beginning. When choosing between units, the lower base dmg (and armor), the greater value of the upgrade.

• Multi Accounts.....again!

For Unwise: I wasn't aware it stacked off of max population rather than current. Since it doesn't say so ingame however I'll continue to not know. Anyways thanks for enlightening me, that is a very possible scenario. As for the rest of you guys. As Ratna pointed out, this is a help & suggestions thread. The philosophical argument of whether or not this should be (but isn't) against the rules should probably be taken in a discussion thread.

• An interesting picture to be honest. I've got no way of explaining why there's a difference in losses though. Both of your unit stacks are shown to be on 100%, meaning the units of next round should be of 100% on both sides, again meaning there should be no difference. I've seen it happen before plenty of times before though, I just can't explain it. I suppose the little health swords have means that the residual damage will almost always be enough to kill another sword, or if not, the damage is…

• - So while the usefullness of doctors has always been subjective (Here's another thing we can test after accuracy), we do know some things about them. For instance. They can only heal human units. This means gyro's get no effect, Steams get no effect, mortars, etc. The place you (might) see a difference is going to be full lines of hops and swords. - I don't know why it's doing points on the left.. Anyways, I'd like to believe that doctors make a difference, but I am yet to see proof of it. The …

• Multi Accounts.....again!

This is completely legal and happens on all servers. This is the exact reason why I will always include "No sabotage of miracles" in my declarations of war. I'm interested in a war, not a game of who can manage their 10 multies the best. And for Eijipe. There is no need to upgrade the TH. Temples are calculated solely on a percentage basis. So even though your TH is level 1, you'll still be dropping fate. Obviously you'll drop it a little more with more population, but that only comes down to th…

• Pushing rule

I'm well aware it wasn't the point of the thread, but you asked. As far as I'm aware there is nothing wrong with plundering multies as long as they're not your own. After all, there's no way to know it is multies, or who they belong to. The problem begins when you trade multies with a friend. Plundering his multies, while you allow him to plunder yours. Any other scenario should be legal as far as I'm aware. Not that I tend to plunder small multies particularly often.

• Except you would know who would win. The person who spend ambro. I spend quite a bit of ambro on war and as such I'd have no problem with it costing me ambro to upgrade my units. However not everyone does, and I do have a problem with the honor in winning a battle being reduced because my ambro units quite simply would be better than my opponents non ambro units. Making it cost ambro is not the way to go, and it would not add anything new to war, except maybe making hops definitively better than…