Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 749.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• will the forum change?

Vergry - - Game Discussion

I realize that. It was the main reason for decline in board participation. With the exception of me, no one in my alliance has really bothered with the boards since then. Eliminating the bashing rule and taking away a need to declare war was the first proverbial nail in the coffin...it made the boards merely a social locale and took any true game import that they had away. Now, those of us that aren't social chatterboxes and that actually enjoy the game and not just exhibiting our affliction of …

• will the forum change?

Quote from Antikythera: “I am not on the board side, but as the name says "post count" it is a number that represent the number of posts. No post means number is zero. What can be set, is the sections in which posts can be counted and this is to exclude spam like "Male vs Female", "Count to 33333", "What movie you see", etc. ” So, we no longer have to declare wars to removed the bashing rules AND our post counts go away. No more boards for me. Later all. See you in game.

• will the forum change?

So, I take it our post counts will be lost as well? You know how long it took my antisocial self to get the number I have now?

• New building slot!

Quote from chocolate: “lol generalized term but they did take a long time to add new buildings the game has been on for bout 10 years with no extra spot. they only released the forester and all that what 3 years ago ” Ummm...think your memory is a bit off. We got foresters 9 years ago on version 0.3.0. We got an extra spot 4 years ago on version 0.6.2.

• Banned for no reason

Vergry - - Help and Questions Archive

It is an underhanded trick but I have seen it used many times. A smaller player will send you resources for no apparent reason and then shortly thereafter you get banned. I keep a close eye on everything coming into my towns now. Nowadays, if resources are sent to me from a smaller account, I immediately send them back and pillage that account until they quit the game. Underhanded crap like this gets under my skin almost as much as multi-account abuse.

• If you're just going for straight master builder then you need a palace/GR, a depot/dump, a sea chart, a carpenter, and an architect in every town. I'd recommend having at least 2 warehouses as well. The other spaces should be taken by the next most expensive buildings as building cost is how master builder is measured. Though keep in mind that having a fireworks, optician, and wine press in every town makes it easier to upgrade the palace, depot, and sea chart. The reducers aren't good at all f…

• What was said above is correct...in a sense. Steam giants are usually only good against an unforged army fielding battering rams. So, you usually won't fight with steam giants. This isn't to say that steam giants are useless or that you shouldn't have some if your account is large enough to support a full and proper army. I always keep a few hundred steam giants in one of my wave points just in case the rare occasion that they are needed arises. Yes, the SGs cost a bit of gold just to keep aroun…

• Naval defence building

Vergry - - Game Suggestions Archive

I vote yes but with one change. The spot it takes is where the pirate fortress goes. So, you can choose to have a seawall or a pirate fortress but not both. This would also cut down on people jumping their fortress locations without mobiles unless they opt not to have seawalls.

• Epsilon Ny Zeta

Vergry - - Game Discussion Archive

Me, Bushido, ForceVacation, and the rest of Dump play on Beta now. ETTA also moved to Beta and are still running strong. IEX and RIP moved to Beta as well but RIP is down to just 1 member and IEX has lost all of their active vocal members. El Cid moved to Alpha and is still there. That is about all I know of that are still around from Epsilon.

• Speaking for Dump...Herk isn't a multi account of anyone over here. He was a member of Dump and still wanted to fight SHok when this uneasy truce between PGA/SHok/Dump happened. So, he left Dump and joined RAD to keep fighting SHok. Dump does have a few legal multi-accounts but don't make the mistake of thinking that half our alliance is multi-accounts like soooome other alliances out there. Now...as to winning alone. When Dump and SHok fought...SHok was getting completely owned by us in every w…

• [МϒТҤ] Myth-AYAR Diplomat name

Vergry - - Beta Archive

Good luck on that...from what I've seen, they are just a dummy account wing of KINGs.

• Quote from Antikythera: “Quote from Vergry: “He speaks German and has made reports to GO staff getting far quicker ” You got your first reply within 45 min. I am sorry if this is not quick enough for you. We are all volunteers, we have to sleep and eat and go to work, and we are helping players in our free time.German won't help you here in this community as none of us speaks German. I know you had problems in another community, but it's not the place to talk about it here. Quote from Vergry: “a…

• Quote from Deadly: “ Also, the interaction between 2 accounts on the same IP is not limited to fleet contact. Anything related to an account feeding the other, or the other feeding another, or both of them using a third account/player/friend/random dude to feed each others is not allowed. From all the previous sentence, you just have to know that it's not only about fleet/direct contact, it's about anything related or could be used for the sake of any of these accounts. ” I know all of this man.…

• I understand all of what has been said...and, yes, I'm an old hand on the boards. I was just wanting to know why fleet contact was brought up at all when my question was relating to it beyond. The answers received have in turn sparked another question from me... Say, I go back to my former employer in another couple of year...If I had cancelled our IP share and then put in for one again, would that get me banned?? And, no, we are NOT the same person. He speaks German and has made reports to GO s…

• So, just to get this straight: you said: "you can interrupt the IP sharing." My question is now what was all that about fleet contact? If we cancelled the IP share then fleet contact would not be an issue...is this not the case?

• My former boss at work and I both played on the same server; we linked our accounts since we both logged in during breaks to avoid fleet contact. I have a new job and no longer work there. Can we safely un-link the accounts since we'll never play from the same IP again, or should they remain linked since we did share an IP in the past?

• KINGs vs Nol

Vergry - - Beta Archive

Well, everyone knows that PGA can't do anything on their own and can only hope to win a fight when they are jumping in to 'help' another Iranian alliance.

• Quote from iotsak: “ Quote from Reignman: “And if the pirate is smaller is it still ok for them to send some of the winnings to the larger feeder, like a trade (points for resources) or would that be considered pushing? ” That's pushing :)” If the larger or smaller account being fed were to send luxury goods to the larger or smaller feeder account for the CPs within 48 hours, then it is not pushing, right? And, if so, how many resources need to be sent; a 1:1 ratio or something less?

• Quote: “@ Vergry Unfortunately that is one thing I cannot 'repair'.. certain pyramid scheme. Again, when I mentioned pyramidical scheme of piracy actions, I actually refer to those who appear 'suddenly', collecting points between them by some sleight of hands (to put it politely!)... The giving of raw materials or luxury resources to smaller accounts do not have the 48 hour check. There is no pushing there. Or, have I misunderstood your question? ” No, you misunderstood. Basically, to simplify, …

• Version 0.7.6

Vergry - - Game Discussion Archive

I might be running a fever but is there now an update AND a rule change that I actually LIKE? Good fix on the piracy. The awards were too high. Unless you get a top 10 finish it's not really worth the time. Now the rewards will more closely resemble that which you can get from pillaging other players.