Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Game Site Insecure?

Wyr3d - - Game Bugs

As an update to this, I believe the issue may have something to do with how the server handles requests from search engines? I'm not sure why the server would default to the "insecure" version when browser searched, but this appears to be the case. Maybe this is something that should be looked into? A fresh search for "ikariam" on Google Chrome will respond with the following link: en.ikariam.gameforge.com/ which directs you to the insecure page: s2-en.ikariam.gameforge.com with no other results…

• Game Site Insecure?

Wyr3d - - Game Bugs

Is this a recent issue? I'm pretty sure that Ikariam is normally a secured site, after all, the board is. But this morning, when I logged in there's a circular been sent asking to re-confirm email addresses, and as I was abut to do so, I noticed the alert in the corner. Moving back to the main game screen I saw that it's currently an insecure website. Given that people can have their card details stored on this site (for ambrosia purchases) this is a big problem. For that reason, I've set this a…

• I have a handful of CaTs spare to good homes.

• I voted yes, but if this was to be implemented, the mission "return" would have to become a 100% success rate. The reason for this is that in the current system, in order to move to a new city, your spy must return first. If moving on becomes it's own mission, then you would be effectively skipping this mission (effectively 100% recall success), so any spies that are returned home should also be given this instant success. As a provision, I would also expect that for each additional city a spy (…

• Anything that diminishes the impact of Piracy on the game is a good thing in my book. The introduction of Piracy had players leaving the game in droves simply because it provided an easy platform for a form of "cheating." Most (not all) strong players in piracy have multiple "feeder" accounts which they coerce or bribe into helping them reach the top 50. While technically not breaking rules (except maybe those who use ip masking and run the "feeder" accounts themselves) it does come off as cheap…

• I voted no, and Kirito pretty much outlines one of the reasons why: Quote from Kirito-kun: “I don't think anyone expects you to retroactively go back to every single server and ban /adjust everyone with multi-accounts abusing this rule currently. It would be unfair. ” If everyone who has already established more than one account on the same island (or nearby) would be effectively immune, what point is there in implementing such a change in the first place? And new players will feel the system is…

• 14 CaTs available (meow) IGN: Kade

• Meow

Wyr3d - - Beta Archive

Many CaTs have walked in, a few CatTs have walked out 11 CaTs left IGN: Kade

• Multi...

Wyr3d - - Beta Archive

The main problem is, that while they technically keep within the rules, they can get away with it. The GO's aren't interested since the game is dying, and multi's keep the population count up, and the Dev's are more interested in the potential gain, than the quality of gameplay. The game is broken, it's true. Has been since rules like "bashing" and were removed, and multi became an option. Don't get me wrong, I can understand the need (in some situations) where the multi rule couldn't be enforce…

• 20 CaTs available (seriously people be giving up on this game a lot lately ==) IGN: Kade

• As the community seems to prefer stupid names over sensible ones so how's about: Rock-Tosser 9000

• We need you (part 2)

Wyr3d - - Game Discussion Archive

Is it an airship? Looks like it should be, in which case I'd go with something like: The Flying Fortress ..although it's prolly more of an Albatross. By the way, why are you adding more crap to the game, when you should be removing the crap that broke it?

• ELITE(Dump) vs Doorman is God(DiG)

Wyr3d - - Beta Archive

Quote from Vergry: “As the leader of Dump, I officially declare war on DiG. Reasons: They have dropped 3 mobiles in and around one of our core islands and have military inbound to those mobiles.” The above is the given reason for ELITE/Dump's attack on DiG. There is no mention of an attack by a DiG member on any ELITE/Dump member in this post. Strange, considering the claims now being made: Quote from Vergry: “They, Hitchcock, attacked a member of Dump, Sabriel. Hitchcock sent a pillage to Sabri…

• Seriously? Oo

Wyr3d - - Beta Archive

If you seriously believe DiG were posing a threat, you're sadly mistaken (no offense DiG). You just got skittish over nothing, and this is the result. Next time, try a little diplomacy before making silly declarations of war Seems to me like this all started from a misunderstanding, and maybe one or two gung-ho vets from the old ELITE alliance? From what I understand of it, some DiG player attacked an inactive, and ELITE/DUMP retaliated as if this was an act of war. Guys. Calm down. An inactive …

• Resource Boost Building Recognition. (mechanic change) General Information: Most of a town's buildings has a link to other buildings of the same sort in each town. If you are in Town A's barracks, and switch to Town B, you will automatically be placed in that town's barracks regardless of the building's position. However it is not the case for resource boost buildings. If you are in Town A's Workshop, then switch to Town B, you will be forced into the town main screen. The same applies for examp…

• General Information: Early in their career as a player of Ikariam, a lot of players don't think about where they are going to place a building, and just drop it at the first available spot they see. This leads to problem in late game because when they switch from one town to another, the highlighted position changes if the building switched to is different. Essentially this gives an advantage to players who have built each town in a standard format. If the same building is in the same location i…

• Offlers Titans

Wyr3d - - Beta Archive

Pfft..if a head needs bashin, it needs bashing good. I don't care much about where it came from.

• I like the idea, but I still think the rewards need some tweaking to be make this viable. Quote from James Cauchi: “+20 Research Points per Town per hour, and 2% more research points” The +20 RP per town per hour suggested here equates to +240 RP per hour at max (12) cities. Since that's a static boost, one could effectively run an empire with a single Academy and zero scientists and still get same boost as an empire with zero scientists and an Academy in every town. I have a few suggestions for…

• I voted yes lol

Wyr3d - - Suggestions reported to Gameforge

I actually made a similar suggestion just the other day, and the idea was rejected based on that. Oddly, I apparently voted "yes" for this, though I don't remember doing so. Well, whatever, my bad for not visitng the forum in a year or so. Anyways, I figured I'd upload the pic I mocked up for version I was suggesting as an idea on how this might work. I'm also going to repost some of the text from that suggestion, so bare with me on that, consider it a suggested tweak to this suggestion idea_4_i…

• General Information: What I propose is little more than an aesthetic tweak to the town interface, but one which I feel would make the game much easier for players to manage their towns in the long term. What are you suggesting? The ability to click-drag on a building (or perhaps, click drag, and confirm) so as to switch it's place in your town with another building/plot of it's type. There will be no real changes to the mechanics of the game, as buildings can be built on any plot of that type in…