Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 255.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Nice to know who's on GF staff, Draxo As for developing accounts in the same way? No, I'm not for it, not at all. What's the point in having all accounts exactly the same?.... Besides, all the updates and changes over the years have made it impossible.

• oh, boy.... In the original game, building and research are both needed if one wants to fight well (and ikariam was originally a war game as far as i remember), in other words they are interconnected and not separate parts of the game. That's where one has to have a strategy - what to build in which town, on what islands to set up colonies, what miracles to use and how many of them, etc... And yes, when fighting 24/7, it is sometimes difficult to build and research... on the other hand, fighting…

• Quote from Reignman: “We have a guy on our world who has 7 mobiles and only 3 legit colonies. What's the point of that? He's not winning very many resources, he's not growing. Sounds like the same problem as multies to me. People used to only use 1 colony as a mobile, now they're using 3, 4, and now 7 to gain that extra advantage, and just to be the best. Same problem as multies. We need mobile PF's and a limit on them so piracy is fair for everyone.” I actually like the idea, very much so. Pira…

• One question: Why are big accounts to be punished because they raid smaller accounts set up solely for the purpose of making capture points? How is anyone to know which accounts are solely feeders and not just new accounts? How about you ban the small accounts - if you can prove they were set up only to provide capture points to bigger account(s)? That would be much fairer - the servers would get rid of a lot of multis, you would finally have a clearer picture of how many really active accounts …

• Quote from iotsak: “Why should this stop your alliance cores piracy? I don't understand, or are you saying that there are some members in your alliance who have created accounts for no other purpose except to be raided daily? Otherwise, I really don't see why this adaptation of the pushing rule on piracy should create problems for most alliances or players.” I know of a ton of multis that were created solely for the purpose of feeding capture points, but.. Multis of the players I play/played wit…

• Well, a lot of players set up their 'alliance cores' for the purpose of piracy. Now the game has changed drastically. In order to make those accounts 'fighting accounts' again - as a lot of them will have to abandon piracy, a lot of players will have to move their towns. Is that a way to make players use ambro? A lot of them have stopped using it, me included, so i don't think it's fair what you're doing to them now. BTW, I'm not actively playing any more, so it doesn't concern me much. I don't …

• It is not allowed to gain an advantage at the expense of weaker players. A player is considered weaker if his total highscore is lower than that of the accused. - This refers to transport of raw materials and other luxury resources from lower to higher score accounts, without any returns (we usually allow a limit of 48 hours). - This will also refers to piracy where there is a gain of unfair advantage when piracy points are raided by higher score accounts. In general, the raiding of lower score …

• ambrosia boycott

landian - - Game Discussion Archive

@ Teacup Get a grip on what's going on here, pretty please! 1. A lot of people don't have board accounts so they don't comment, which does not mean a lot of them don't agree with the ones protesting against 300% increases in prices. There's also a group of people who do have board accounts but don't like to comment.... i'm sure at least half of them agree with the boycott (i know quite a few of them and I play only on 2 servers). In other words, comments posted here are the voice of a lot of peo…

• ambrosia boycott

@ FaZi Nice of you to think of what the increase in prices means to you only. A bit selfish, isn't it? As for getting the premium account every day... just wait a while, coming up with 450 achievement points every day is not going to be that easy for long. As for me, I'm sticking to my guns and not using or buying ambro. The game can be played without it, right? My 35 mil account will stay more or less as it is, as i need to use warehouse expansion for basically every building i want to upgrade …

• ambrosia boycott

The point in (not) buying ambrosia is that now, at these inflated prices, you can do less than half the things you could do before.... in other words... not very smart to buy any until the prices go down to at least what they used to be.

• ambrosia boycott

Dear Draxo, My favourite cafe has changed prices in last 8-9 years, yes.... but the prices now are still not 1-2-300% higher than they were 8-9 years ago, and they haven't changed in last 3-4 years for sure. And if my favourite cafe raised the price of coffee by 50% over night, I would most probably pay the overpriced coffee once, and that would be by mistake only, and I would definitely be looking for a different cafe in the neighbourhood and advise my friends and people I know in that cafe to …

• ambrosia boycott

Ok, i took a bit of time and tried to bring this issue of raised prices closer to real life, sort of. So imagine having lunch/coffee at a favourite cafe. Might not be favourite, but you feel ok there - coffee's good, the atmosphere's good, you enjoy chit chats with people you know, you might get into an argument with a guest, but the cafe's big enough so, if you don't want to, you don't actually have to hang out with that particular guest. The walls could do with another coat of paint, and a few…

• ambrosia boycott

@ Draxo and Lone Wolf Now that's rich, lol.... Advocating higher prices comes from two people paid for their services in ambro, if I'm not mistaken. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here. I've played this game for almost 9 years. My oldest account that I still have I started on May 14, 2008 (there were two accounts that I had started even before that). If I didn't like the game, I wouldn't still be playing it, now would I? And there are a lot of players just like me. And none of them likes t…

• ambrosia boycott

Increases in prices were not exclusively made for aggressive pirates... pirates are affected only by the raise in the price of conversion of pirate points. The rest of increases affect everybody... premium trader, resource boosters, padlock, increased storage security... so counting on pirates to bring in more revenue is a mistake, imo. But... those who decided an increase in prices of 1-2-3-400% and more was a wise decision probably went to some business schools. Let's see if what they learned …

• New Pricing

Well, those rewards might soften the blow for some, but only for a short while... the only thing i might use there are troops and ships if I'm under really heavy attack (otherwise I don't need them either) , and padlock maybe... the rest are completely useless to me.... saving messages? never did that, lol....premium account? never used it.... steam drill? saw? etc.... I can't remember the time when i gathered any resources, lol.... zero production and plenty of inactives everywhere if i need an…

• KACARSKI vs SnM

landian - - Pi Archive

Lord David.... SnM was attacked by kacarski unprovoked and we had every right to come after him with whatever account we have within SnM. We did not come after any other TWO account except kacarski's, not even after his multis, even though there are accounts in TWO that feed him gold and troops. BANE is separate from SnM. You have a full treaty with them - no attacks, no raids, no nothing, just clicking. But if you want to involve BANE in reckless actions of one of your members, that's your deci…

• KACARSKI vs SnM

landian - - Pi Archive

kacarski, 1. improve your English so that your posts are easily understandable 2. i never cry to anybody... i will mention what's going on in our alliance in a conversation with members of other alliances, but never cry 3. I think there are at least a few alliances that would strongly disagree with your statement that SnM rules pi 4. if you have a problem with ThE_FEARED, why don't you attack him and see what happens? Warn insult - pokahontas

• KACARSKI vs SnM

landian - - Pi Archive

Well, since my name was mentioned... I'll reply even though there's no CR attached My dear kacarski, I raided Doc in the first week of this piracy round, that part is true. The he obviously cried like a baby about 0 points that i took from him and you found a reason to kill your boredom by attacking us. We used to have a piracy agreement with TWO about not raiding each other in last 24 hours, and raiding in the first week of a cycle does not fall under last 24 hours as far as I know. Thanks to y…

• New Pricing

It's becoming a game for players with deep pockets.... those who are used to spending loads of real money will stay, those who can't afford it will leave, and I'd say that's majority. It's just another way of saying there's an expiration date set for the game. In any case, when the new system kicks in, I'm out... after almost 9 years of playing. Oh, well..... there are other games to be played. Competition is fierce in this sector, so... there are many to choose from, aren't there?

• SnM Vs umad. another umad slaughter

landian - - Pi Archive

Great CR, guys! Team work pays off every time! Very, very proud of you all! :thumbup: