Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 533.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• ambrosia boycott

James Cauchi - - Game Discussion Archive

Following further declines in numbers, I have finally yielded to the writing on the wall. I am moving on - and it is a relief. I'd request that they redistribute my Ambrosia to other players on the server - other players might gain a bit of respite from my leaving (the boycott is clearly getting precisely the esteem as a warning sign as I thought it would), but Game Forge has long made it patently obvious precisely how dimly it regards its player base. I've said it before. People vote with their…

• ambrosia boycott

Note... judging from my recently lost Cultural Treaties alone I'd say that the contraction of the player base is accelerating...

• ambrosia boycott

An aside. I found it interesting that the look back at 2016 featured the vast majority of Game Forge titles but that Ikariam did not feature. O Game featured. Did O Game experience a significant update in 2016? Were its premium prices also hiked? If not then perhaps Game Forge simply isn't ashamed of what its done to O Game (whereas...)? Is this all to be considered evidence that Game Forge acknowledges that Ikariam is (at best) nothing to write home about and has consigned it to be nothing more…

• ambrosia boycott

Where I come from there is an expression that seems very appropriate to that which is happening. When things are off, rather than pout and complain it is easier to vote with one's feet. In other words, as somebody pointed out a few posts up, and as was indirectly confirmed in the previous post to this one, the only thing which truly affects Game Forge's plan is to no longer participate and serve as 'user-provided content'. Of course, right on cue, I have noted a significant increase in the numbe…

• ambrosia boycott

I personally much preferred Badidol's response to this matter. He may have took flak for it but he sympathized with the player-base (and I (and others) respect that). The same player-base that a couple of others feel more comfortable belittling. Yes, the loss of any 'single' player's business in ambrosia purchases may not concern Gameforge adequately. I expected a drop off in ambrosia sales naturally as the game is playable without it. However antagonizing the player base will only serve to moti…

• ambrosia boycott

As one who really enjoys the game design videos of Extra Credits, I cannot help but recall their episode on why the Free to Play is being done wrong. The only conclusion they draw that Game Forge might possibly take note of is that shafting the majority of players trusting that the "whales" (rich ambro users "addicted" to buying ambrosia) will still keep spending is ill concieved in part because even the rich do not like to get shafted (even a little) and in part because whales get a rush from e…

• New Pricing

The match has fallen. The 'welcome rug' is lit. The opposite message is taking form and existing players short and long term are already showing it. Perhaps their suspicions about the scuttling of the game are not unfounded. Intentional or not, scuttling is the result in motion. Maybe Gameforge knows best. Maybe not. Time shall tell and soon enough.

• New Pricing

Fools rush where angels fear to tread. And Gameforge it seems. I am patently not an ambrosia user but still recoil at the news of these price increases. At best they may be viewed as a calculated milking of the closing cycle of the game's development. Gameforge seems to fail to appreciate the true value of Ikariam - or rather what it used to have and yet could have been. They have merged servers to death claiming that such is necessary (long live Epsilon) and yet persist with following through w…

• With regards Avestron's suggestion, the concept of God mode to rebuild fits the inconvenience of liquidation. However I would suggest that 1 day God mode +1 for each 'band' activated would work. Also - a further suggested refinement, since not specified, is that the liquidation % affect only the specified band. Hence a 20K Generals account could expect to be liquidated as follows: 00-05K = 05% = 0250GS Liquidated 05-10K = 10% = 0500GS Liquidated 10-20K = 15% = 1500GS Liquidated Total on 20K = 2,…

• In my opinion it would be interesting if, rather than continually up the number of barbarians faced, include reinforcement waves every so often. Also, now that I better know how barbarians work, hardly seems worth hitting level 50. Better to stick to level 40-41. Does anybody know if a Hades wonder would convert them into marble?

• Longest battle to date was 80 rounds but thats mainly because their axe throwers couldn't scratch my walls and hence never ran out of ammo. It was curious to find that my rams were dealing no damage to the ranged ranks - so they started falling 7 units at a time (until I got bored and recycled my ammo units.

• Quote from anynamewildo: “[ For once, we agree James. ” Good grief! Us agreeing on something feels about as right and natural as the salt & ice challenge! Quote: “Now get back in the kitchen and make Bro_Gun a double meat sandwich and hold the pickle.” Better behave or I'll sic the rabid bunny on you! Quote from FatManLittleBoy: “It was surprising to see James Cauchi still on here. This confirms my belief that he's actually just an IRC robot.” Quote from FatManLittleBoy: “I agree wholeheartedly,…

• An interesting discussion. A few thoughts. In reference to the original post - a player who, following being kicked from an alliance, reports an alliance member for foul language that was not derogatory in his or her regards should be dismissed by GOs... This on the grounds that the reporting player is no longer in a situation where he or she needs to worry about further foul language (since he or she no longer has access to circulars). In reference to communications rule breaking - In the event…

• Thank you, MaryXVI, for the vote and your backing reasoning. I personally would 'like' to see archers to take on a positive relationship to Sulphur Carabineers as Hoplites currently have with Steam Giants. This would support their use in flanking positions as a fallback after Spear Men have fallen (and the small melee boost would come into its own there). At least this update in Archer values would make them a more legitimate interim unit than they presently are. They are so expensive compared t…

• 'Very' nice comment Kaleg Nar Agreed that the Christmas Contest this year was very well organized. I'd even say it was one of the least frustrating! Well done to ORG and all.

• Is there a specific Town Hall Level to be noted? Are units to be presumed non-upgraded?

• Side-note: Barbarian Axe Throwers make me feel that my proposed changes to the Archer are spot-on. Link in the signature below - Archers need a rebalancing. Oh and barbarians are a nice addition.

• Giving this suggestion a bump. In spite of the rather mixed vote I would like readers to consider the following: 1 - Archers are actually very weak 'and' very expensive to maintain. They have aptly been nicknamed 'Slingers 2.0' 2 - My modifications would place Archers much more acceptably between Slingers and Sulphur Carabineers (some mathematics is outlined above) 3 - Those who have voted 'no' have, for the most part, not given reasons (for reasons only known to themselves) while the couple who…

• Yes most players agree that walls need some form of improvement - but whenever anybody does make a suggestion for improvement - nobody can seem to agree with them. I personally support this suggestion because it is a small step toward un-nerfing the wall's purpose. I would even go as far as to say that no units should be lost while the walls remain up, but that fewer units should be able to fire from the 'loopholes' (I suggest 6-9 as suitable max at largest battlefield size - think of it as rest…

• @Draxo - By your reasoning GameForge should also remove any and all forms of icons relating to pillaging/ occupation/ naval battles/ blockades. Why? Because the player can simply "communicate" that such stuff is happening. Seriously though - Why would you posit that even an indication of whether the town is under attack or is revolting is in some way worthless? In the absence of sufficient information it becomes desirable to have a means by which to reduce the impact of mistakes made. Incidental…