Search Results

Search results 1-18 of 18.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• As we all know, if an active player accidentally let a town of his/hers run out of wine, satisfaction in that town will drop to negative, and it'll start losing population. The lost part of the population will be subtracted evenly from his building material miner, luxury good miner, scientists, priests and idle populations. From my understanding, a town of an inactive player, unlike those of players in vacation mode, still consumes wine. And when the wine inevitably run out, the satisfaction wil…

• I'm not here to look for CTs myself. I have been 228/228 for 4 days. However, there are still some CT slots left in the three major alliances merged from Sigma: EIMU, EDMW and MRVL. If you're still looking for CTs, message the diplomats of those three alliances, they'll gladly help you forwarding it in circular message. Cheers.

• Welcome to Pi, newcomers!

Pony - - Pi Archive

Quote from sharpe12: “Yes welcome newbies. If you're looking for alliance remember, Joining Bane is a pain Where as you can join Xip in a pip. (Sorry couldn't help myself, using every opportunity I have to rhyme.)” What a nice surprise to see you here, Sharpe. I still remember the days when we were on Ypsilon. I was the Diplomat of TLH, the largest alliance, and you were in Royal. We taught some very good lessons to an obnoxious, compulsive-lying coward who throned himself as "King". Sadly, Ypsi…

• Quote from Avenger.: “so best of luck not placing in a server with me after merge” If there's no drastic event happening in the next 11 days 10 hours, I'll settle on Pi. I know you're in BANE there, so see you on the other side. Quote from Avenger.: “stop boring me with your ignorant posts” One more time: if it's boring, you can stop entering this post anytime. As long as you're still in the discussion, I'll assume you're intrigued by me. Quote from Atlantisreborn: “You may get pillaged for 1 mi…

• Quote from Avenger.: “and now you have put yourself in spotlight” As I repeated in several of my posts, the assumption that most players (or most "good" players) frequent this board is a gross exaggeration. There are 1.3k different accounts on Sigma. Are there 13 different forum accounts posting on the Sigma board in the past 6 months? How many of the top 100 TS/GS/Offensive/Defensive/whatsoever-you-find-relevant players have visited this board in the past year? Two years? Quote from landian: “A…

• Quote from landian: “You are not aware that you're digging a deeper hole with every post you write, are you, Pony? And if you're a teacher (you said you teach, didn't you? i might have got some wires crossed here, your posts are so long and so boring i never get to the end of them... sorry ), God have mercy on the souls of your students! You must bore them to tears, lol... And I do hope there's at least one rebel in each of your classes who challenges everything you say.... oh, can i come to you…

• Quote from landian: “My dear leech, why are you constantly bringing POFF of beta into this discussion? What's that alliance have to do with whatever is going on in sigma?” You brought it into this discussion first, not me. Just like you brought detailed real-life history into this thread, while I didn't intend to elaborate at the start. You've been initiating, I've been responding. Now that you personally admit POFF or Beta server have zero relevance with what's happening on Sigma/Pi, fine, plea…

• Quote from landian: “Pony! Darling! Are you volunteering EDMW and MRVL to go against BANE and TWO???? Woot woot! That's a mighty challenge, my dear. Spoken like a true fighter! That's the spirit! (btw.....do Newt and General know what you have just done? lol) But there's nothing to worry about, is there? I'm sure you're going to prove your worth in a war of equals.... since you couldn't do anything against alliances 10% your size :P” Such a typical mindset of a warmonger. I viewed, view and will…

• Quote from Lord David: “Wow, I've never seen so many long posts for as long as I have been playing Ikariam. Anyways, whoever that was talking about soon being the top alliance in Pi, i wish you good luck with that.” When I was on Ypsilon, I was also in a Vietnamese alliance, at its peak, three among top 5 and seven among the top 10 were from my alliance. I have a lot of respect to fellow Vietnamese players (providing that their English is good enough for me to read ^_^). I have gathered little i…

• Quote from landian: “Try building your account on islands where you have upgraded mills with your own resources...” Problem is, I won't ever try that, because if I do, it might indicate that I am less smart than all members of both SnM-Sigma and POFF-Beta combined. Quote from landian: “As for Hulk account.... I know much better what happened to it than you,” Yeah, I know the version of story that you were made to believe. Insist you know the truth, it allows you to sleep better at night. Quote f…

• Quote from landian: “And Pony... it takes 3 days to dissolve a CT.... just in case you don't know that fact about ikariam.” Yes. And if someone dissolve the CT by attacking directly, it puts a -2500 penalty on the happiness of all his towns for 4 hours. Nevertheless, thank you for refreshing my memory on Ikariam 101. You know, I teach now and then in real life, and I also like beginning with or repeating basic facts. Quote from Avenger.: “his alliance t rex got destroyed” T-Rex merged into MRVL,…

• Quote from Atlantisreborn: “Why don't you attack landian ingame pony? and settle the dispute once and for all.” Because, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, I have a Culture Good Treaty with Landian as well as three other members of SnM. And, as I also mentioned, I honor my CTs. There were people who cancelled CTs with me, but I would never put myself at the moral low ground by doing that. I know this is not the official CT thread, but have you already got a CT with me? If not, do you happen …

• Quote from Pony: “resource-to-score conversion rate” The "conversion rate" for building is originally 100 resources per point of score. With Carpenter's Workshop (including similar buildings) and science it is 54 resource per point of score. The "conversion rate" for science through experiment is originally 100 glass per point of score (2 glass per research point, 50 research points per point of score). But with Optician and science it's 68 glass per point of score. This explain why, for the pur…

• 1. Regarding your Sigma account, your donation score is 322k. Even if you add that to your TS (both have the same resource-to-score conversion rate), it's still below mine. Even if you multiply 322k by two (considering the Carpenter's Workshop doesn't work when you donate), and add that to your TS, it's still nowhere near me. Whoever says my TS (or its growth) can solely be ascribed to my donation score have zero understanding of the technique of TS spamming in Ikariam, but no worries, I can sha…

• Quote from landian: “the account that i have on sigma is not my main account. That one is on beta and it's almost twice the size of your account here, so let's not talk about sizes, who has a bigger... account, lol” It seems that you're comparatively more proud of your account on Beta, so let's talk about that account instead. On January 14th, 2016, your Beta account had 29.7 mil TS, while my account had 13.8 mil TS. Now your Beta account has 32.1 mil TS, increased by 2.4 mil , while my account …

• Yes, this is a game, played for our enjoyment. And I derive joy from this game by building up my TS while secretly mocking the "fighters" who wasted resources on building troops. Of course others derive joy from this game in very different ways than mine, but I generally don't interfere with them, because they cannot interfere with me, even if they wish to. Maybe me and my alliance have a reputation of being poor fighters in the eyes of some, but I, as well as most members of my alliance, haven'…

• Quote from landian: “@ PONY .... Leave history to historians, please ... they at least know what they are talking about.” As I said in a different reply on this board, my own proud nation is a good example of my argument. My nation has been a great builder for 5,000 years, but it had its military defeats to militaristic foreign powers. In fact, it has been conquered a few times. It was conquered by Mongolians in the 13th century, but their governing lasted less than a century before being expell…

• Examining the human history, the following pattern emerges: "fighter" nations crush some "builder" nations, and can even be splendid for a few decades, but eventually they all crumble into dust in the wind of time. Those civilizations that live long and prosper are those that prioritize building over fighting, but are also capable of resolving issues via military at the necessary cost -- and nothing more, so that they can return to building as soon as possible. Among them, it's the ones that val…