Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 20.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• kirby k2 and Cassiopea: Thank you so much for your most helpful replies. Now the Sea Chart Archive will be placed in the optimal location ....

• Many thanks for the link. If I understand correctly, Cassiopea suggests that this might well be the case with stationing warships. There seems to be no direct mention regarding the transportation of in-game resources - especially if it is a predominantly one way trade ....

• New building slot!

Moosebabes - - Game Discussion

Hopefully this is but the first of several easily implementable changes that GF can readily introduce to the game over the coming months. CONGRATULATIONS to GF for listening to their fans!!

• Here is another potentially stupid question about the functionality of the Sea Chart Archive: From what is written in the "Help" section, it is suggested that (within ones own little Empire) the Sea Chart Archive should preferably be located in the town receiving goods (rather than the town sending goods) in order to receive the "speed bonus". Is this true? I have an outlying city that generally exports to the other cities. Therefore, would the Sea Chart Archive be wasted within the exporting ci…

• New game server launching!

This is a good start - but hopefully the first of several new (and fairly basic for Gameforge to implement) features.

• New game server launching!

I find it difficult to believe that there are so many players who wish to replay this (admittedly potentially great) game when there are so many other great games that deserve to be played. As I previously stated on another thread - this is akin to experiencing National Groundhog Day. It makes no sense at all - even financially speaking as each new server must carry a cost of its own ....

• ikariam dead game

Many thanks JaY. Community Manager badidol would definitely seem to be the appropriate person to assist the Ikariam community in obtaining some much-needed information from the developers. As he has not been active on the forum for over a month now (16 October), maybe s/he has a deputy who could readily perform this action?

• ikariam dead game

Would it be at all possible for the Super Moderator (or someone else with real authority and some element of influence) to take the risk of escalating this issue by forwarding this thread (and other similar ones) to the developers for some much-needed official feedback? The remaining loyal players really do deserve an official update regarding the current status of the game - including (especially) short-term future development plans. Like it or not, this is actually a very serious issue that re…

• ikariam dead game

Afaik, there seem to have been no major additions (or alterations) to the game over the past 3 or so years. [Apparently (from what I understand) vague promises of new features (which have thus far amounted to nothing) have previously been made on the German board]. Therefore, there seemingly comes a time when the more established (senior) players feel that they have precious little more to achieve in this game. In this regard, I have noticed the disproportionately high number of inactive (includ…

• Thank you so much for your most useful replies. In due course (much later), I will need to rearrange my town (demolish an existing building) in order to accommodate the extra depot ....

• Here is a potentially stupid question: But can one build (and does one need) 4 warehouses AND a depot in order to develop a greater than Level 35 Town Hall? It would seem that this represents the ONLY way to store sufficient marble for the highest levels of Town Halls ....

• Thank you so much for the additional replies. I will try using additional swordsmen.

• Pepi: Thank you so much for your reply. Part of the problem might have been that the steam giants were not fully upgraded in the latest attack. They will soon be .... I used: 100x steam giants; 50x gyrocopters; 8x catapults and 1 cook for motivation. Yet they still fled and 14 steam giants were killed .... Hopefully the next attack will go better. I wonder whether I need more cooks?

• What is considered as the best primary unit to use against Level 17+ Barbarians? Steam giants (heavy infantry) seem a little disappointing .... Would the top-of-the-range balloon bombardiers possibly do well in conjunction with gyrocopters?

• oracle: Many thanks for your reply. Mmmm - this seems a little strange to me. I had hoped that the gold rewards for piracy might have increased with the presence of additional fortresses (somewhat like science points with the extra scientists housed within multiple academies).

• I have just built Pirate Fortresses in my secondary (non-capital) cities. I see that one cannot seemingly conduct multiple simultaneous pirate runs. If this is so, what is the use of having multiple Pirate Fortresses (as they seem to be totally useless)?

• Many thanks for your reply. Luckily, it is being built in an outlying town.

• Does the Sea Chart Archive improve transit times in only the city in which it is housed (like most of the buildings) or does it improve transit times for all ones cities (much like the Academy and its resultant research)?

• I like it too. Maybe (for those who wish) the current Pirate Fortress could be freely "exchanged" to the equivalent level of Town Garden. I would most likely do this ....

• General Information: This will add yet further strategic importance to the capital city. After all, it should be special. What are you suggesting? Add several extra building levels for most of the available buildings (and possibly an extra building slot or two) to the capital city. How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system? Only minimal changes to support an extra possible building slot or two. Otherwise the additional building levels alone would only require new notations. Sugges…