Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 561.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Quote from Kaleg Nar: “FMLB, when you start saying the mods & GOs as sociopaths with a lust for power, it doesn't help your case. You seem to have a problem with authority overall.” To be clear, I didn't say that they are MODs because they're sociopaths, I said that they could be sociopaths. There are other reasons, such as "my friends needed an inside man, and so I did it", or "I feel that I would really be good at this by only preying on the people that really deserve it". Honestly, what makes…

• Quote from Vergry: “And the reported posts begin. LOL...it's like being back in Epsilon and I'm just a little 100k TS account” Yup. It'll be interesting to find out which rule I broke! I know I didn't break any. Good times. THIS is how they destroy the community. Petty, punitive junk like this. They'll insist that they had to do it because "rules", but that's all nonsense. When GameForge finally shuts down the game and the boards, maybe then they'll reflect on their actions. I believe it was Ali…

• Quote from Teacup: “you violate the rules” You forgot to include "as determined by an interested party with motive and ability to do harm". Kudos for at least admitting that you have been able to make friends and forge relationships with people. This is, however, WHY you are an interested party. You have conflict of interest issues. Makes it pretty easy to interpret a vague statement in a such a way that you can apply one of these rules to it. Quote from Teacup: “there's no emotions or personal …

• Quote from Teacup: “There's no such thing as begging or asking a GO or a MOD to issue a ban, there's no favouritism if that's what you're talking about or trying to point at” I didn't bring up anything about favoritism, but there has been a lot of begging and pleading for a ban. You kind of sound like a company man! You seem to be making the "MODs/GOs are emotionless automatons that don't build personal relationships and who are immune to someone putting spin on a situation" statement. I've been…

• Quote from Draxo: “If you think that censorship is the main reason for empty servers and decreasing amount of players... well. you know nothing, John Snow (in one of the previous post it was very good explained by Kaleg Nar. :)” Go ahead - answer my question, if you can. What killed the servers was the destruction of the social fabric that made it vibrant and exciting. People were passionate and the full comedic force of the internet was used. It was fun to both win and lose. Some of the losers …

• Quote from Draxo: “I've got a wonderful idea for you” Why is that a wonderful idea? The world list was from Alpha to Rho and now it is a pitiful shadow of what it was due to precisely this "wonderful" idea. You've been trying it for years and it has only harmed things. So please, detail why that is a better idea than accommodating and pleasing paying players. I actually do run BDSM events, thanks for insinuating. If you want to know more, feel free to PM me as that is off-topic.

• Quote from James Cauchi: “While understanding that most staff members do not have the liberty to establish lacunas in the application of GameForge's rules, I would like to point out that this is a missed opportunity.” Preach it brotha bot! Quote from James Cauchi: “I have witnessed a number of permanent bans that I have felt to be wrong” This is the core reason the game has shrunk and died. If it's not a "I'll hunt you down in real life" death threat - it's not inappropriate IMO. An 18+ server i…

• Quote from Kaleg Nar: “It's perfectly feasible to do all the trolling each other without swear words.” I agree wholeheartedly, and I've been banned for language when swearing was not involved. "Language" is very broadly defined by the MODs so that they can ban at any time for reasons only they think are reasonable. Hence, the "tiny tyrant" label. Simply being critical of someone has been more than enough in the past. As to game changes - I saw several sweeping changes come to the game and they w…

• Quote from Mogwai®: “However, at the root of your argument, you are implying that you are more of an expert in the matter then Gameforge is.” Clearly, I can be no more wrong than GameForge, as evidenced by the reduction in size of the community. At this rate, you will be without a job, as this game is shrinking down to nothing. You've been here almost as long as me - are you really going to tell us that this place is flourishing and successful? It is dead and leaving, and not to be insulting but…

• Quote from Draxo: “Quote: “By pushing away older, paying players because they felt like they were (and are) being treated like children and singled out. ” Maybe... just maybe - because this game and all its content should be suitable for all age categories (including children)? And GO/MOD won't sort and classified board or game content depending on age just because some older "subjects" think they should be treated by special manners? Sometimes I've got a feeling that people should start to thin…

• Quote from S.W.E: “Quote from Draxo: “Quote: “but this behavior you are complaining about in this thread is precisely what killed this game that had around 20 servers each on .org and .com back in my day. They have only like 5 on each now. This extremely lame "protect people that refuse to be responsible for themselves" nonsense just absolutely ruined everything about this game. ” Would you be so kind and tell us more - how did it kill the game?” By pushing away older, paying players because the…

• Quote from anynamewildo: “Quote from James Cauchi: “On permanent bans - An unrelated note. They are evil and should not ever be resorted to. :!:” For once, we agree James. Now get back in the kitchen and make Bro_Gun a double meat sandwich and hold the pickle.” We logged on to find people we used to know on here and see if they want to come join our Destiny clan. Lo and behold! We are both unbanned. Unbelievable. Apparently, the servers have a time period the mods don't know about where you get …

• I dunno... Maybe we need a friendlier atmosphere like when we did the [LOVER] alliance. kcpjoan.jpg Rule #3 of the [LOVER] alliance was "24 inches".

• Quote from row: “Quote from FatManLittleBoy: “Quote from "RomBomBiddilyBang": “My point has been conveyed rather adequately” I searched your posts and I can't find this point that you allude to. Only thing showing there is some good old fashioned self pity looking for some company. I know just the thing to cheer you up and it involves whipped cream. Don't be nervous, and for crying out loud - don't clench!” his points were: [and many things were discussed] ” The thing is that he's all over the p…

• Am I excited?[liscr]*Snip* Warning: Disregarding Board rules Please read all the board rules again liscr[/liscr]

• Quote from "RomBomBiddilyBang": “My point has been conveyed rather adequately” I searched your posts and I can't find this point that you allude to. Only thing showing there is some good old fashioned self pity looking for some company. I know just the thing to cheer you up and it involves whipped cream. Don't be nervous, and for crying out loud - don't clench!

• I respect the alliance between my stomach and my bowels. Whenever I disrespect this alliance in any way I pay for it dearly, and so does anyone sitting near me. [liscr]Warning: Disregarding board rules Please read all the board rules again liscr[/liscr]

• Looking at all this, I'd have to say that Rommers wants back in to FeC. Unfortunately, I can't endorse that until he proves to me he has mastered my technique of self defense - dropping trou and backing into the attacker. This is a devastating defense, and I would think someone calling himself Rommel would be excited to try it. If he gets too excited, I have a cream that will keep him from finishing too early. I do have to commend him on the whining though - it's pretty high quality. I'm convinc…

• I'd like to apologize to AM for OB-K declaring war on us before I could grow enough to buy more boats. Instead of taking one huge load, I have to do it in little loads and I don't like being teased in that manner either. I hope AM doesn't deny me future loads. On a happier note - since they DID declare war on us I don't have to worry about bashing, and that's like a warm wash rag gently wrapped around my large, sensitive conscience. (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) (Hidden Cont…

• Trading Loads

FatManLittleBoy - - Rho Archive

First, I dropped off a load of Seamen in James Green's port: (Hidden Content) After that, I went to some of his friends and beat a load out of each of them: (Hidden Content) (Hidden Content) I'm looking forward to more loads soon!