Search Results

Search results 1-10 of 10.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• ambrosia boycott

NikolaiDante - - Game Discussion Archive

Quote from NSW_YOYO: “ I personally have never bought Ambrosia and would say I am doing well. The thought that one must have Ambrosia to play this game well in at least one way, I do not agree with. ” As a player approaching their 9th year playing this game (started March '08) I can say that GF are driving the game into the ground. They have done many 'updates' over the past couple of years (piracy included) and the one thing that has ground to a halt is EXPANSION. We've been limited to 12 citie…

• General Information: Many players achieved the maximum number of towns years ago. For many all the towns are fully developed and building further levels on existing buildings takes a long time. Plus with modern combat and Pirating not having a mobile town is detrimental. What are you suggesting? Increase the maximum number of colonies (towns) to 13. How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system? It will allow long established players (5 years+) to gain another town and properly take p…

• General Information: Many of us strode to become the biggest builders and achieving the L11 Palace to get the 12th colony was a major landmark - but the number of people who have done this has grown and many of us have had 12 towns for a very long time. What are you suggesting? Increase the maximum level for Palace & Governor's Residence to 12 and allow players to have 13 towns. How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system? Increase expansion of player's dominion's Stimulate growth A…

• TTN info

NikolaiDante - - Alpha Archive

Too many alliances and players seem to view Titans' no aggressive attitude a sign of weakness. But they forget each of us plays Ikariam in a different manner (and also at different times) Personally I'm a builder/trader player. However if I find a player (of ANY alliance) stock piling resources and then not defending them, then I will take their stuff. If you won't defend it - you don't deserve to keep it. Also, I (and others) may not have a massive GS score - I've not needed anything higher tha…

• TTN info

Well, to knock TTN off spot No #1, you either have to get a load of players to drop out of the alliance or halve every member's score. Considering the only way you can reduce a player's score is to destroy their army and most of us top scorer's have only a smalll %age of our score in GS - good luck with both of those. Oh yeah - and I just made off with over 80K from one raid - thanks. Also - TTN has the spot it does not just through the number of members but the scores we have. Our average is 1,…

• TTN info

Yup - seems like a lot of hot air being blown here.....

• 12th Colony Planted

Quote from bluejt18: “i to be honest really don't see the point in this... correct me if i'm wrong but surely the more cost effective way would be to just build up the towns you've got? also what's your IGN?” Depends on what you want to do! TBH I wanted to see if it could be done. We each play this game in our own way and I thought I'd go for it to mix it up. Plus I get the Kudos of being the first player (as far as I know) on Alpha to do this (might even be the first player ever anywhere!) NOW …

• 12th Colony Planted

Just to prove it can be done, I've finally upgraded my Palace to L11 (the max) and planted my 12th Colony (I believe this is the first on Alpha). Ok the corruption stings a bit at the moment but one thing to consider (and this works for L10 & 11 colonies too) as long as the GRs in the other cities are L9 or L10 the amount of loss of population and resources across the established 10 Colonies is made up for once the 12th colony is on about L24 Town Hall. I don't believe it would be cost effective…

• UPDATE???

Quote from Gametheory: “it's kindof obvious that futures were scaling ridiculously too much, so if you're surprised by the nerf you're probably breathing through your mouth pretty much (key words) everybody not spamming ambrosia to convert resources to crystal and spending it on experiments is better off” Actually I spent time and effort building my Academies and then waiting a month for them to research the future. TBH if they felt that the futures were scaling too much they could have just red…

• UPDATE???

It looks like they've changed the scoring mechnism for Research Future Tech Up til yesterday it was <Research Points> * (<0.02> + (<Level of Tech - 1> * 0.03)) Now it seems they've changed it to simply <Research Points> * <0.02> I had complete L3 of Military yesterday which was 1,598,400 RPs This gave a score of 1,598,400 * (0.02 + (2 * 0.03)) = 127,872 Now under their change this gives me 31,968 Considering I have researched 2 x L2 and 2 x L3 researches this REALLY hits my score. Since I chose …