Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 1,000. There are more results available, please enhance your search parameters.

• Naval defence building

Kaleg Nar - - Game Suggestions

A few issues I notice about this from a technical standpoint. 1: You can't designate the fortress to only be destroyed by ranged units unless you give it the armor to withstand hits from Steam Rams, in which case only the first strike would be able to take it on. And if that's done, it would be a very long time before that happened as they fire at the front line first. So that part of the suggestion would be hard to implement and clunky in practice. 2: If the fortress took up ranged slots, it'd …

• Quote from Quartz: “But I'm still expending resources - in the form of troops - to gain those points. That seems reasonable to me. ” Just observing this idea as a neutral, perhaps you might suggest a new offensive points-like score to be added that's specifically tailored to the barbarians?

• Recalling troops

Kaleg Nar - - Help and Questions Archive

If the port had at least 1 ship, you wouldn't have been able to recall. As for not being able to cancel it, that's what happens when you use the red return button instead of deploying from the town. If you're concerned about loading times in the future, perhaps you would consider test-deploying, seeing if the loading time is palatable, and then red-arrowing.

• New unit: Cavalry

Kaleg Nar - - Game Suggestions

I'm not voting either way, but just two issues I notice with your suggestion from a technical standpoint. 1: Having horses as part of the building cost. That's adding a new currency and I highly doubt the developers would add an entirely new currency just to create one new unit. That's a significant overhaul for a "minor" change. I'd much more recommend just adjusting the wood-sulfur price. 2: Wanting wine as part of a cavalry's (or rather the horse's) maintenance. Currently unit maintenance is …

• new version of pushing rule

Kaleg Nar - - Game Discussion

Quote from kris1314: “you should add those rules to bulgarian servers and maybe change the admins they are so dumb ” This pushing variation is specific to the UK servers right now. If you want the Bulgarian servers to have them, I'd recommend brining it up on those forums and perhaps referencing this thread.

• Quote from Quartz: “We're both wrong, but Unwise is more right than me. I've just been attacked by the Barbarians so had an opportunity to test. Retreat does happen immediately, and the troops appear in the garrison. If you then go to the Island View you can click Defend Town, and all your resting troops will join the defence. But they won't join the actual combat until an hour has passed since you had them retreat. ” Wait what? I remember them being able to join immediately the next round befor…

• If they battle is in your own town, whiteflagging is immediate and there's no one hour wait. Some things to consider. As mentioned, the garrison limit is useful. If you manipulate it from the regular battlefield size for that town and the overflow, changing it at your whim, then it can really mess up your opponent. (Send stuff to arrive almost last second to keep your opponent from knowing what's gonna happen.) That's done by getting more ships in than the garrison limit and also retreating. (Ag…

• Mafia on the .us board

Kaleg Nar - - Social Corner

Still slots available.

• Two Replies Wins

Center, not centre. (Gee you British always get English wrong, don't you?) I'm just hoping that third party candidates gain more traction.

• Rain is here to stay

Kaleg Nar - - User Introduction Board

Quote from sharpe12: “Weirdos. ” Except majors also allow for minors.

• Mafia on the .us board

I'm going to run a mafia game on the .us forum. Here's a link to the sign up thread if you're interested. board.us.ikariam.gameforge.com…-The-Island-Intermediate/

• Two Replies Wins

I'd like a centrist party. If you asked me my view on some individual topics and looked at each one individually I could imagine a person saying, "He's obviously far right because of his view here. But wait, his view on this other topic means he's obviously far left. But wait now..." But that makes voting tough.

• Male (133) Vs Female (119)

• Two Replies Wins

How conservative is your conservative party in England? If it ran in America, would it be the Democrats?

• Quote from Deliverance de Baldus: “Just read the reply properly So when will it be implemented? ” Whenever, if ever, the developers employed by GameForge decide to implement it.

• A long time back when I was still playing, I activated Poseidon, started a 4 hour some minute loading time, and it didn't apply. So it's not new. Next time just know you have to activate it for when the action leaves.

• To sell troops you need a black market, but you can buy them once you have a trading post. You need expansion to be able to occupy ports equal to (Palace Level + 1).

• Here's a link to a guide I wrote a while back. Warfare Guide When it comes to the sea, the three flameblock technique is a key thing to use. That is sending in flameships to fill three blocks of the field each round, having PWRs for the rest. Those central three blocks will die, so why not have less valuable ships dying there? And as it was mentioned, rocket ships are only used against a 100% PWR front, subs otherwise. (There are exceptions, but you'll learn those as you advance.) That's because…

• Lot of lost CT's

Kaleg Nar - - Help and Questions Archive

Have you accepted a different CT recently? Go to your "Distribute Cultural Goods" tab. See if you have the CTs there. A while back I remember one bug where accepting a CT would empty one's museums, but the CTs would still be there, just not being used. If it's what I'm thinking, then a simple redistribution will fix everything. If the CTs are not present, check your town advisor for messages of "X has disappeared, his CT has been removed."

• Male (133) Vs Female (119)