How to gain points?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• How to gain points?

Hello, I have been playing for a few months and am the leader of a fairly succesful alliance. I was wondering, How do i gain alot of points? So many players are a huge amount of points ahead of me and I think I read this game only started about a year and a half ago. Based on the rate I am going, In one year, i will only be about 700000 points.

So how do I gain points quickly? This is not only for me becuase I am sure there are many others with the same questions? I would like to hear from you more experienced players who have alot of points and know how to gain them up quickly.

Thanks
    Kirkle
  • 1 word dude research. You want as many academies as big as you can get them. I believe you can repeat the last of the researches over and over and each one gives you 50k. Pillaging also helps. You will grow faster by pillaging and taking others gathered resources then gathering them yourself. Which works out because you will need those citizens to produce gold that aren't gathering, because between research and pillaging you will find gold very tight.
  • oh ok thanks so much. So 50k points?? Geez.

thats one thing i dont do, pillage that often. That a good philosophy, thanks.

and I should spend the gold on trade ships right?

Oh and should I build build build as much as I can or focus on building certain things?
  • ok. are there certain buildings i should focus on? or just everything i can get my hands on??? I mean I know I need certain things realy high but do I get more points if I build different types of buildings? or is it just based on how many resources you spent
  • I believe it's the resources you spend on the buildings...your master builders score. However if you upgrade your town hall, then you'll get points from the upgrade AND the population growth at the same time. What I did when I started my new account was upgraded everything in a pattern, so at a time all my buildings were the same level. Then once I got to level 10 or so, I expanded them on importance, so tavern and town hall, town wall, hideouts, shipyard, and barracks. Of course others will tell you differently, that's how I did it and got points quite fast. Beware of just getting points through cargo ships though. These are called "empty points" as they don't really help you more than make you a more pillagable target. If you hit 700k points through just buying cargo ships with a general score of 500...you'll become quite the nice farm :P
  • ohhhhhhhhhhhh thats a good point. i didnt think of that. hmm ill rember that, thanks

Ok and now I have another question. how many troops should I have in my towns?? if I am not in war? and I only have 104 trade ships?
  • kirkle wrote:

ok. are there certain buildings i should focus on? or just everything i can get my hands on??? I mean I know I need certain things realy high but do I get more points if I build different types of buildings? or is it just based on how many resources you spent

Town hall, town wall, barracks (if you like pillagging), hideout, academies and taverns later museums. and carpentry is pretty important. Yea it's the amount of resources you spent. Building levels is the combined level of your buildings X 4
  • At this time there is no need for a workshop once you complete all the upgrades.

As to how many troops to keep in your towns, there are many different philosophies. I find many of my targets keep 300-400 phailanx in each of their towns. Still others leave all their troops in one town on the assumption that it will be harder to kill them all off at once rather than hitting them piecemeal. That, however, means if I figure out when they are offline I can pillage their undefended towns. As to how many troops YOU need, it all depends on how much res you keep on hand and what kind of neighbors you have.

Bottom line... build as many troops as you can support and still have positive income. If you arent on anyones target list, fire a few of them to save gold for cargo ships.

SS
  • To answer the first part of your last question, I would still keep your academies. To get level 3 futures in all 4 categories will take a super long time, so until then I'd keep them all working at top speed. The workshops you can obviously destroy once your upgrades are all completed as SS said...the only downside would be if they come up with a new unit of some sort in the future and you want upgrades for that...but I don't really see that happening anytime soon.