End of Theta?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• End of Theta?

End of Theta is coming soon.
      "Mortality" is much higher than "fertility". Theta is dying out.

8th of August, Theta had 4,9k people. (Discussion Population Decline)
      2nd of October, today, Theta have little more than 4k.

So, we lost around 900 people in last 2 months. If we will continue with this tempo, 1k people per month, we will lose all population in 8 months :P
      And, when new update come many ppls will get confused and quit.

This all things are killing us. Wars, bad economy, economy crisis, recession . . . . :D

Is there any help for Theta? Or Theta is dying out and none can help?
      Any suggestions how to save Theta?

(I know that similar topic was opened few months ago, but our populations is dramatically falling)

End of Theta, 6th of June 2010? :phatgrin:
    • I think when gameforge or GO Admins would have a sort of event they could help in the declining of population in Theta.

Lots of players get banned, the pillory list grows 10 people a day. Maybe thats why its very sad to think Theta population is declining fast.
    • banning = pop decline

i agree with hearthrobe. did you know tank_master got banned for 1 year for pushing??? why is pushing forbidden? why is helping smaller players forbidden?
      this dude has 2.4mil and got banned for a year
    • I am sure Tank_master will find a way to get back in the game if he hasn't already :rolleyes:

But yeah...it sucks!!!!!

According to BF permanently banned people's score will be degraded to 0 under 0.3.2. If they keep their promise we will find out how many we REALLY are.....

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tsu ().

• Last Action Hero

So in total, about 300 of us playing, 100 people buggering around forums and rest are Multis? :D

Hehe scary though..
      Will be interesting if their score really will drop to 0!

If theta dies.. well.. more spare time for me to spend on other stuff but chatting with Allys on our RTBCC (tm) is a great laugh.. especially the amount of smokes coming out of the channel. :p

But with such a rich history as THeta has.. I doubt it will wither and die!

-Melgarius
      Diplomat of Allys
    • yessssssss it sucks

Tsu wrote:

I am sure Tank_master will find a way to get back in the game if he hasn't already :rolleyes:

But yeah...it sucks!!!!!

According to BF permanently banned people's score will be degraded to 0 under 0.3.2. If they keep their promise we will find out how many we REALLY are.....

i think they should make a law that people over 1mil or something like that cant get perma bans,
      i mean come on, this dude has 2.4mil points he probably spent years on that account and its gone like this ;(

but i agree with tsu, i hope they will make an exeption with him
    • To keep the purity of the game those who cheat need to be banned. Its simply not fair on those of us who dont cheat.

That said I totally agree that the rules as they stand are very strange as far as pushing is concerned. If the population is dropping as fast as this then its a shocking indictment of the state of play on this server.

May I ask where you get your figures from ? How do you know that these figures are accurate and what source provides them ?

I would like to study this for myself. I never knew tank_master but anyone who looses an account of that size for something such as pushing is a hard hit to take and perhaps the game developers need to take a hard and critical look at those rules as they stand. Dont be too quick to blame the Game Operators however as they are simply enforcing the rules as they stand.

I have personal experiance of dealing with many Game Ops and on the whole they are a decent lot. The way to sort this is to overhaul the rules and perhaps ease up on things like pushing that seem to catch many a good guy and girl off guard.

Grakk
    • To decline ''mortality'' in Theta

Players, should get banned a bit harder, by that i mean accounts should never be deleted (ex. they get deleted for fleet contact)
      Inactives should stay in longer so they have more chance of coming back

And the most important
      New players need to start with more resources and gold.....
      You start with 100 gold and 160 wood?! No wonder it gets annoying for the newbies!
    • RE: banning = pop decline

sith-lord wrote:

i agree with hearthrobe. did you know tank_master got banned for 1 year for pushing??? why is pushing forbidden? why is helping smaller players forbidden?
      this dude has 2.4mil and got banned for a year

Not helping smaller players. Pushing is when small player send goods to you, and you dont pay back. It smaller player helping bigger. That is forbidden.
      Bigger helping smaller is ok.

Tank_master have 3 warnings for pushing. He was warned 2 times, banned for short time (few days). His third warning was this ban.

Leave Tank now...he is not the only who left game :P
    • Board Rules wrote:

Discussion of board/ game bans or warnings is not permitted in the public forums, this may result in further bans or warnings. Please discuss these issues with the Moderator/ Game Operator involved or their superior only.
      Back on topic please :D
      ^^
    • Grakk wrote:

May I ask where you get your figures from ? How do you know that these figures are accurate and what source provides them ?

Look at the highscores. The last player's rank gives a good estimate of the number of players in a world.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tsu ().

• Yeah ok TSU. I havent been following it but I will take your word for it.

Think I may take a note of the fall off as far as members are concerned. So is it just Theta or are other servers showing the same degree of fall off and are there any servers where the population is increasing ?
    • I think that biggest problem is with game Admins. They are opening new worlds, but old ones are emptying.
      Opening of Xi was big mistake.... My, Ny.....no sense

Better send ppl to existing servers, than open new ones .....
    • wrathchild wrote:

I think that biggest problem is with game Admins. They are opening new worlds, but old ones are emptying.
      Opening of Xi was big mistake.... My, Ny.....no sense

Better send ppl to existing servers, than open new ones .....

New servers open when the older ones start to get full, so the servers can deal with the capacity and demand. Unfortunatley we cant just delete servers because people still play on there, particularly remembering that accounts with ambrosia cannot be deleted :P. Some ikariam domains only have a handful of servers, but that is merely because they are not as popular as .org ^^.