UPDATE???

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• I just wonder why our TS goes down everytime there is an update being patched??? Is this the result of all the hardworks we've made in order to reach or gain that score??? I think GF should think about that too... We didnt earn the TS through bug or something for example the 30K TS being cut to one of our alliance member, it would take again a bunch of resources to regain it, crystals to conduct experiments and marble wines, sulfur, woods for expansion... I hope there would be an update without affecting the TS... We just complained about the retarded battle system not with the Total Scores ... Why work hard for TS that in just 1 update it would be useless...
    Just think about it>>> :lol:
  • Gen
    Yours way a more direct way at what I was getting at in my post "If gameforge ruled the world".
    Having stated on Alpha when the top players already had 4 or 500k in TS I was pleased to hit the million score only to find that they changed the rules and my score dropped like a stone.
    So I fought my may up again, passed a million for the 2nd time and what happens ? They move the goalposts again and I drop below a million once more.
    Now I have to pass a million for the 3rd time !
    I don't mind what the rules are, or what gives you the most points, so long as the rules stay the same. These constant changes do my head in !
  • well I don't really mind...I mean Total scores are nothing really. The thing that pisses me off is I've already congratulated Winter like twice for hitting 2 mil, NOW I GOTTA DO IT AGAIN!?! Screw that.
  • It looks like they've changed the scoring mechnism for Research Future Tech

Up til yesterday it was <Research Points> * (<0.02> + (<Level of Tech - 1> * 0.03))

Now it seems they've changed it to simply <Research Points> * <0.02>

I had complete L3 of Military yesterday which was 1,598,400 RPs

This gave a score of 1,598,400 * (0.02 + (2 * 0.03)) = 127,872

Now under their change this gives me 31,968

Considering I have researched 2 x L2 and 2 x L3 researches this REALLY hits my score.

Since I chose to gain my points by heavily investing in research I've been massively penalised and this I feel is incredibly unfair.

I PAY for this game and I've used Ambrosia to move resources, exchange them etc etc and I've worked hard to break into the top 100 overall. I achieve this yesterday.

Now I've been dumped back to position 144 and it's going to take another 100K min points to get back.

Does anyone know WHY they've changed the rules without either warning or consulting us??

I'd appreciate some feedback from the GOs

"Don't piss me off - I'm running out of room under the patio"
  • it's kindof obvious that futures were scaling ridiculously too much, so if you're surprised by the nerf you're probably breathing through your mouth

pretty much (key words) everybody not spamming ambrosia to convert resources to crystal and spending it on experiments is better off

The post was edited 1 time, last by Gametheory ().

• Gametheory wrote:

it's kindof obvious that futures were scaling ridiculously too much, so if you're surprised by the nerf you're probably breathing through your mouth

pretty much (key words) everybody not spamming ambrosia to convert resources to crystal and spending it on experiments is better off

Actually I spent time and effort building my Academies and then waiting a month for them to research the future. TBH if they felt that the futures were scaling too much they could have just reduced the factor. Eg instead of a factor of 0.02 For L1 then 0.05 for L2 and then 0.08 for L3, make it 0.02 / 0.03 / 0.04

To suddenly decide that an advance I've spent a month waiting for is now only worth 30% of its value seems damned harsh.

"Don't piss me off - I'm running out of room under the patio"
  • This has been getting on my nerves too. While i know TS means nothing in the grand scheme of things, it's pretty frustrating seeing my score drop. :cursing:

BTW.. In the year and 1/2 i've been playing this game, i've never used ambrosia.
  • NikolaiDante wrote:

Gametheory wrote:

it's kindof obvious that futures were scaling ridiculously too much, so if you're surprised by the nerf you're probably breathing through your mouth

Actually I spent time and effort building my Academies and then waiting a month for them to research the future. TBH if they felt that the futures were scaling too much they could have just reduced the factor. Eg instead of a factor of 0.02 For L1 then 0.05 for L2 and then 0.08 for L3, make it 0.02 / 0.03 / 0.04

To suddenly decide that an advance I've spent a month waiting for is now only worth 30% of its value seems damned harsh.
    check the keywords which I pre-emptively highlighted

also I would hardly call waiting for a month wasting heaps of time unless you were sitting there watching your research points go up
  • NikolaiDante wrote:

Gametheory wrote:

So let me see if I have this right...

You found out that research points were grossly mis-calculated, so you spent a bunch of time exploting it by using ambrosia to do researches that before 0.3.2 would never have been practical. And when they take away the exploit, THEN you cry about it?

I have an idea for you - concentrate on M-B score. As long as you plan on exploiting General Score, Gold Score, or Research Score, plan on being disappointed. Why do we own most of the top 10 and nearly 40 of the top 100? Master Builder Score! Everything else is just fluff...

SS
    ALINC Public Relations Officer lol
  • ^^^^This^^^^

Futures were being way over-rewarded. MB all the way.

What would the fact that you purchased Ambrosia have to do with anything? It was your choice to use it that way. There are plenty of other ways to spend Ambrosia.

Enjoy your 2%-4% decreased upkeep etc...now spend your ambrosia on increasing your resource mining so that I can come pil...err so you can build up your MB Score.