Total Generals Statistics - BC & BW.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Total Generals Statistics - BC & BW.

The following tables represent the top 1000 ranked players for General Scores. I didn't do any further as the general scores beyond that are around 100ish and so meaningless.

Taken on 17th December (5 days after the liberation was announced):

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taken on 5th January:

N.B. The alliances that have left the Beta Coalition have been ignored. The alliance DRIVE no longer exists. The statistics for DRUNK now form part of Beta Warriors.
    Sometimes me think "what is friend?"
    And then me say, "friend is someone to share last cookie with."
  • Apologies, it seems ECI & CCJ are no longer part of the Beta Coalition.

That brings the total generals score of Beta Coalition down to 3,016,930 and the total change in generals score of Beta Coalition to -1,701,341.
  • this is just an opinion, but i believe that instead of measuring generals, measuring offensive + defensive scores would be much more meaningful than generals alone. it's easy to sit on a lot of generals, but not easy to generate offensive + defensive scores without being active.
  • loneph03nixx wrote:

this is just an opinion, but i believe that instead of measuring generals, measuring offensive + defensive scores would be much more meaningful than generals alone. it's easy to sit on a lot of generals, but not easy to generate offensive + defensive scores without being active.
    Agreed, having the total offensive & defensive points would be useful. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to do all three at the moment. Maybe after the 21st..

If anyone wants to do it, go for it. I'll give you the brilliant spreadsheet that shinypenny made.
  • loneph03nixx wrote:

this is just an opinion, but i believe that instead of measuring generals, measuring offensive + defensive scores would be much more meaningful than generals alone. it's easy to sit on a lot of generals, but not easy to generate offensive + defensive scores without being active.

Just wanted to mention this aswell to help in your consideration to Offensive & Defensive scores.

From playing Alpha Worlds (aswell as Beta Worlds), I learnt that the Offensive & Defensive scores isn't alway accurate too since there could be situation where players hitting others non-related alliance members or inactive players that has huge army which help produce this score aswell as players being hit by other non-related alliance members or active players and that maybe they had a hugh Offensive/Defensive score at the beginning of the fight giving the player a huge head start.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WarSlayer ().

• you are right. however:
    players who tend to not focus on war targets tend to hit much smaller/inactive players, and will therefore have a much lower offensive score. players who tend to focus on war targets tend to go all the way, and thus have a higher offensive score. players who contribute often put their troops in others' gypsies and towns to help defend them, and thus get higher defensive scores that way by defending not just their own towns.
    it's not absolute, but it's a trend.

also, players who are bottomfeeders only tend not to become warmongers, while warmongers tend to always keep on fighting, peacetime or not.

again, these are just observations, and do not apply to every player. i myself tend to fall into the bottomfeeder/gypsy defender category, so i have a slightly higher defensive score. my generals would suggest that i would be a warmonger, but that is not true.
  • One thing i would like to comment on, the def points are bugged. I've been in two large def battles where i failed to receive any def points. I should have received around 30k combined. One was a land battle, one was a sea battle, one was in my town, one was in another Thorn town. Based on that alone its impossible to know true def points. But i have never had an off battle where i never got my points.