Introducing Premium Features, official discussion thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Introducing Premium Features, official discussion thread

Feel free to discuss about the upcoming premium account features in this thread ;)

Originally posted by Jumanji
      Hello dear Islanders,
      as many of you were awaiting, it is time to integrate some premium features into Ikariam.

You will be able to order these features via our inter-currency "Ambrosia" (like Dark Matter, Rubies etc.). By buying Ambrosia you may order the premium features that will show up as 4 different "Advisors".

Quick and easy list of Advisors:

[list=1]
      [*][/list]
      1. 20% more Advisor for each Luxury Good :
        there is one premium feature for 20% more marble, one for 20% more crystal glass, one for 20% more wine and one for 20% more sulphur, and you can choose between them... so you have to buy all to receive 20% more of all

2. 5% more Building Materials Advisor :
        if you buy all Advisor´s you receive 20% more building material

3. Empire View :
        list how many troops / which building levels etc. in every city/town

4. Merchant :
        what is it and how to use it? You call e.g. a merchant who buy´s crystal glass (with x Ambrosia) and trade it into something else. So e.g. 1k crystal glass into 2k building material or 1k crystal glass into 1k marble. After the successful trade the merchant disappears and you have to order a new one for your next trading.

Details for the merchant trade ratios:
        • luxury goods (crystal glass, marble, sulphur, wine) : luxury goods = 1:1
        • luxury goods : building material = 1:2

Premium features will be introduced today or in the next few days on the International -> Ikariam TestServer <- and probably next week on Ikariam.org .

Additional informations will follow.

Feel free to discuss about it here: Introducing Premium Features, official discussion thread

Best Regards,
      Your Ikariam.org Team :))
    • Originally posted by Lectronimo
      Nais!
      Im gonna buy it A.S.A.P not just for the features.. But to support the team :)

rofl. What have the premium account to do with the team? Most parts of the team works for free!

I hope the Advisor is not that cheap that many can buy it. Because then its getting unfair again. Some donate more wood to the mines and other buy Advisors....

Well i won't buy such stuff but i think many other will pay.....

5% more Building Materials Advisor :
      if you buy all Advisor´s you receive 20% more building material

loool. 20% more wood if you buy all (what cost maybe 8-10 €)

Greez,

Graf Dracula

The post was edited 2 times, last by Graf Dracula ().

• RE: Introducing Premium Features, official discussion thread

Originally posted by Jumanji
      COLOR=green]
      1. [/COLOR]20% more Advisor for each Luxury Good :
        there is one premium feature for 20% more marble, one for 20% more crystal glass, one for 20% more wine and one for 20% more sulphur, and you can choose between them... so you have to buy all to receive 20% more of all[/quote]

And here we go.... say bye bye to Ikariam spoiled and rich childs game... wwohooohhoo say goodbye prehistoric ogame, bye and never come back..... huh what I have expected form GF game?... Really don't know... they only want money.. no matter if his will affect game or not...
    • If its just like Dark Matter and Officers in ogame it will be something along the line of $15.00 USD to purchase 125000 ambrosia.

Then ingame it would cost 2500 ambrosia per merchant use or
      10k ambrosia per advisor per week or 100k ambrosia for 3 months.

Something along those lines I suspect, but thats just a guess.

Oh and personally I would just like to say. I think its wrong and pretty shady of Gameforge to do this in this game while there are still bugs and parts of the game that arent implemented correctly. Ie......warehouse levels, Wonders not working correctly, no progress past 4 islands. Things like this should be corrected before any attempts to gouge players credit cards. Shame on you GF

The post was edited 3 times, last by nmshooter ().

• Originally posted by nmshooter
      Oh and personally I would just like to say. I think its wrong and pretty shady of Gameforge to do this in this game while there are still bugs and parts of the game that arent implemented correctly. Ie......warehouse levels, Wonders not working correctly, no progress past 4 islands. Things like this should be corrected before any attempts to gouge players credit cards. Shame on you GF

I :agree:

What he said, i wouldnt pay for a jam donut if their ain't no jam inside
    • You make an interesting point, they should fix the bugs before doing something like this. Also I think its some what unfair to some people if they have to pay real money to get these items. I only work a part time job and most of my money goes to gas. I don't even own a credit card. How am I suppose to be able to get these benefits?

-Echo-

Ps. If it is in-game currency that'd be kind of cool, but it would cost a lot to get.
    • OMGZORZ! and the premium accts discussion thread said abt features that will not give "unfair advantage."

20% more of any or all resources is fair?

though the empire view and merchant features are nice and doesn't imbalance the game.

but cmon! 20% more res. any rich kid can outgrow and bully poor souls without cash.

i predict a rise drop in ikariam players when the premium opens and its effects are felt.
    • RE: Introducing Premium Features, official discussion thread

YOU LYING FILTHY SONS OF PERDITION!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember the FRIGGIN FIRST "Do not suggest" on the thread???

First: Do not post stuff that would give people advantages over another player. Examples being, more resources, quicker resource gathering, faster build/research times, stronger armies, bonuses to x stat.

I'm trying not to swear - based on the suggestions thread, I defended premium accounts to naysayers..... I even planned to *have* one.

Now, if this goes through, not only will I personally never pay a dime, I'll advise my guild of ~30-40 who joined together to drop you like the scoundrels you are.

Fsck you.
      -Rihl
    • very nice and colorful language. but you summed up perfectly just the way i feel.
      it's not the team you should blame though, but the GF execs. i think the only thing they understand is money grubbing.

i dnt mind paying, but i have standards as to what i will and will not pay for.

for this kind of game with bugs galore, paying would be a total rip-off.
      and also knowing that most ikariam staff aren't paid and work for free,
      i'd say i'd wait for them to be paid before i pay myself.

and of course, as stated, any imbalancing feature would wreck the game and ruin all the fun. so of course i won't avail of the premium and would work actively to boycott the game until they listen to their customers.
    • Originally posted by harion
      very nice and colorful language. but you summed up perfectly just the way i feel.

Took some serious control to not get my whole message deleted due to too many curses, tbh. I've been working for 3 days to fix the WikIkariam up to have useful design and get the team working on good guides.

So I also feel betrayed. Angry & betrayed <> calm.
    • Originally posted by nmshooter
      OMG its "officers"!!!!!!!!

Those from ogame will know what I mean.

heheh i agree ! but where`s the building queue ! no building queue ? i want it !
    • well, the way not to set yourself up for disappointments is to never invest too much in unsure things. this is one of them. always be ready to walk away.

i mean, it won't be my loss if i stopped playing this game but theirs.
      kinda reminds me of RF Online Phils. it died when execs didn't listen to their clients complaints. so yeah, it earned for awhile but ultimately got buried in debt.

as i said, the merchant and empire view features are nice. it adds something to those willing to pay without wrecking the game completely.

i mean, why would i pay for a feature that will totally destroy the game?

jz remove the bonus resources feature and you may find yourself with a lot of happy customers. replace that feature with aesthetic bonuses, eg customized avatars, alliance banners, replaceable adviser's faces.

of all the numerous things suggested in the premium discussion thread, you HAD TO PICK THE ONE THAT YOU YOURSELVES PROHIBITED PLAYERS FROM SUGGESTING!

talk abt bad faith. i wouldn't trust a company that acts this way.
    • :s Omg no more complaing

O no!

The "officers" Are back :( good thing or bad?

As and Ex-OGame player i am quite used to this, and this being such to why i partly left OGame (v-mode) as i read on the OGames bordes that there is a new game so i checked it out and its ace, no officers no dark matter no nothing, thats why its a good game. untill these get implemnted into the game:(

Now many people will complain about these premium officer, and i dont see the need to complain, complaining and saying "im quiting" wont hurt gamefoge one bit as they need to make there money some how, and i know full well that many people will buy them, but if people dont like them dont play go to other game sites and play for free, its easy.

Just put it this way would you put your money on a games website? to make other peoples life better, no you wouldent no one would use there own money without making a profit, If you are a good player you will be able to overcome these probems and not complain, become "anit officers" and such lol :P:P

There are good points and bad points to the premium services e.g bad point being the unbalanced upset to the game, and a good point being for all thoses non payers gameforge will be able to keep this game up and runing

randy

The post was edited 1 time, last by randy123 ().

• But there are alwyas methods to make donations without unbalancing game, for example: special user profile, ally custom titles, ally profile, other city/buildings images, etc etc...
    • Yes and i toatally argee with what previous posts have said

"I wouldent buy a jam dounut with out no jam"

The game is incomplete with many bug what do the head in to some people.

The game needs properly fixing, debugging before anything in what you need to pay for can come in!