Hello Guys

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Perhaps you noticed, perhaps not, but we mods got assigned to different worlds. Its a surprise for me aswell as it is for you guys, though i am sure you are less devastated about it than i am ;)

Anyway, i just wanted to tell you guys that i grew fond of you! Even the ones -perhaps especially the ones- who got warned on occasions hold a special place in my mind. Thanks for allowing me my place in alpha, and i hope you'll be as great as you were before so that your new mods will know what a great place alpha really is!

Have fun guys. I'll be modding kappa for awhile now :)

Catch you on the flip side!

Dutch

edited title, april 10th

This is me talking with my sMOD-voice.
    If you believe my voice to be in error, please contact me by PM.
  • good riddance imo

harsh but true

you were ok some of the time but generally you were just a killjoy who didn't get jokes

moderation should be done in moderation

bye
  • ;( Duuuuuuuuuutch ;(

We just finished working you in too! Oh well, best of luck to ya and I'm sure we'll see ya around. Here's your last warning for the books...or first one for the new guy...

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
    WE LOVE YOU DUTCH!
    :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

disabled smileys. just couse of dutchy u didnt get a warning <3
    ~md
  • Jesus Christ, GT, you know the guy's been doing this for free (and under orders), right?

While I might be inclined to agree superficially, I've been here long enough to see that fascism is in the blood of the board mods, and under that reign, ya did a fine job Dutch, sorry to see ya go :)
  • L0tech wrote:

Jesus Christ, GT, you know the guy's been doing this for free (and under orders), right?

While I might be inclined to agree superficially, I've been here long enough to see that fascism is in the blood of the board mods, and under that reign, ya did a fine job Dutch, sorry to see ya go :)

which is worst a volunteer in the Wehrmacht (in the lead up to and during WWII) or a conscripted soldier?
  • In my humble opinion, if the players didn't turn the boards into a platform for puerile antics and trash talk (i.e. kept the fight in the game), mods wouldn't police the boards so vehemently.
  • Hope you enjoy Kappa Dutch. I have seen a number of mods come and go, and though it seems like these guys wont miss you, they will. Most likely they will be soon complaining about the new mod and regaling the golden age of Dutch. :) It seems to be what we do.
  • transio wrote:

In my humble opinion, if the players didn't turn the boards into a platform for puerile antics and trash talk (i.e. kept the fight in the game), mods wouldn't police the boards so vehemently.

hello kitty online is that way --------------->
  • transio wrote:

In my humble opinion, if the players didn't turn the boards into a platform for puerile antics and trash talk (i.e. kept the fight in the game), mods wouldn't police the boards so vehemently.
    You're new to this whole "internet" thing, aren't you? It's about freedom maan. Boundaries are expected, and a little order is necessary... Someone's taken the inch-mile thing a little too far though.

Warning people right and left all the time is one thing, the constant thread closures and immediate rejection of ideas are called censorship.

/hijack (sorry, Dutch :))

The post was edited 2 times, last by L0tech ().

• Gametheory wrote:

transio wrote:

hello kitty online is that way --------------->
    YOU PLAY HELLO KITTY ISLAND ADVENTURE?!

I don't care what anyone says...obviously we'll miss Dutch. Warnings are still gunna rain down on us, but at least Dutch gave us little messages with them sometimes :D

Dutch, warn me on that smiley spam right now!
  • Gametheory: If you were appointed by the admins the position of a mod you would do exactlly the same things. So leave the moral outside we are all the same here a. Most of the people try to hurt the feelings of others. Honestlly the only reason i continew to reply on this thread is because some people think that they must be immune to every comment, they havent done mistakes and they are holy men.

Well clearlly some of you around here still sleep or pretend you dont see anything. With the things some of us have done (and i am including myself also), most of us should have been banned

And i am not talking about the thrash talking. I am speaking about the personall insults, the trolling, the threats, awfull comments like your last one game theory... those things exist unfortunatelly and most of us think that all is great around here.

And because we are in free society i have the right to tell my opinion. So be glad people that there are still some who say their opinion in public and dont hide and be glad cause with the things we have done we still havent got banned forever
  • L0tech wrote:

You're new to this whole "internet" thing, aren't you? It's about freedom maan. Boundaries are expected, and a little order is necessary... Someone's taken the inch-mile thing a little too far though.

Warning people right and left all the time is one thing, the constant thread closures and immediate rejection of ideas are called censorship.

I would say I know enough... I own and run one of the top web design forums on the web (with almost 20,000 members). I also own a web development company that builds online communities and social networks, among other things.

There are many variables that determine the personality of a community like this, not the least of which in this case is the fact that a company owns and operates it - a company that maintains a legal responsibility for everything submitted here. That fact alone should make it obvious that this isn't the same free-for-all rant-fest that you'll find on a forum operated by a 15 year old gamer. "Censorship" is a necessity in a company-run website. If you want to rant about something or insult people, this isn't the venue for that.. the company has plainly stated that.

As for Moderator psychology, think of them as appointed officials in positions of mediocre power (e.g. traffic cops or clerk's office staff). I won't delve further into that topic, because it will only lead to offending the oligarchy here, but you can figure out where I'm going.

The post was edited 1 time, last by transio ().