A bit of respect

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• A bit of respect

Okay guys.

A major player in this war has just brought the farm.

He received a three day visit to Real Life for being lippy, but compounded the problem by some stupid actions and the visit is now a long-term stay.

This is a great shame. Although I did not like the fellow, (he really was appauling), the loss of any member of Theta is a shame and not one I want to see repeated. We struggle to keep the active members we have without losing them due to flashes of foolishness.

Bit of respect to each other going forward.

It is just a game.
  • I completely agree here. Swearing, threats, and offensive messages are never called for or excused. I hope each player affords every other player a bit of respect, even those that do not warrant it by their own actions or words. I will second what Damien said, this is just a game.
  • :agree: I'm in complete agreement with this. Considering that this IS a game, there is no need to swear or even get mad over it. To create a better environment, we would be wise to respect each other and enhance everyone's gaming experience. The only thing that comes from misbehaving is being banned from the game temporarily/permanently or getting farmed by players who were offended by your comments. Cheers to you all for even participating on this thread.
  • Hear hear..........it's the reason I started The Illuminati; the gentlemen's club of the server.....LOL!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sir Artimus ().

• There always will be idiots that even after losing their account for repeated insults still continue with the same attitude, not respecting the second chance that has been offered to them.

My patience is running out. Reporting insults is not something I am proud of but this should not be exploited!!!!
  • If this is to do with a player who i think it is (shadowy character with a touch of blue?)

Then i believe alot of this was his own doing, after getting a GF sponsered holiday... he created a new account, that banned for multi, and then did the same again.. thus it was the final blow that gave him a perma vacation.

Theres only so much that respect can do to save the players of theta from their own stupidity. Sometimes the latter just gets the better of them.
  • JOoa0ky wrote:

Please do not speak of ALIVE people as DEAD.

Recheck your intelligence source :)

Lets hope the gentleman in question has learnt some manners during his recent vacation.

Maybe GF can look to breath some life back into some others who have fallen by the wayside over the last year.
  • Nouche wrote:

If this is to do with a player who i think it is (shadowy character with a touch of blue?)

That is but one incident of many. I received quite a few in the last war from a now resurrected player and I have seen some rather thinly veiled insulting comments sent to other players by a not-so-good doctor (you know who you are).

The best rule of thumb is if you don't think you can get away with a comment here on the public boards, you won't get away with it in an in-game PM either.

While I can appreciate some good natured trash talking, keep it clean.
  • responsibility

I dont see any reason for any taunting and insulting in PM's in game.

If you want to do it, then do it on board so general public can judge. Otherwise expect a report.

I presume most people are adults so they are responsible for their OWN actions. If you are not, tough luck, time to learn the hard way!

-Melgarius
    Diplomat of Allys
  • Darkwalker wrote:

Nouche wrote:

If this is to do with a player who i think it is (shadowy character with a touch of blue?)

That is but one incident of many. I received quite a few in the last war from a now resurrected player and I have seen some rather thinly veiled insulting comments sent to other players by a not-so-good doctor (you know who you are).

The best rule of thumb is if you don't think you can get away with a comment here on the public boards, you won't get away with it in an in-game PM either.

While I can appreciate some good natured trash talking, keep it clean.
    I think you're referring to the same ex-THOR player. The fellow is a susposed adult but is one whack job in reality. He was perma banned in the last war but has come back under a semi-new name and different account, something reminding me of a vegtable 8|
  • Veg? A Wackjob?

Sounds just about right to me.

He might have a unique style of diplomacy... but must admit that he can walk the walk just as much as he talks the talk. And he does talk an awful lot sometimes. :p
  • I wouldnt say that Tsu...

I like to swear all the time... but apart from the odd lapse of judgement, i usually try my best to refrain from using naughty words ingame and on the boards.

Obviously veg has a little more trouble showing that sort of restraint.. but that doesnt change the fact that my face fills with delight every time i see hes sent me a PM... because i know for a fact that the majority of the time it will be full of the most vile and offensive words. Gets me all excited on the inside it does.

Veg is a gentlemen of the 21st century.... a crusader of the common people. And just becuse his vocabulary includes a few words here and there 9and everywhere) which you might not like... it certainly doesnt make him a bad person.

You should have seen the reaction in fear when we realised he had joined us..... t'was a seen of upmost jubilation.

:p
  • Nouche wrote:

You should have seen the reaction in fear when we realised he had joined us..... t'was a seen of upmost jubilation.

...and your reaction when you realized he is banned again? I wonder who "exploited" the report button this time :rolleyes:

Maybe choom can open a new thread about it.....
  • I share island with Mr. Veg and I see developers added new function which marks people who are on pillory list.

He has a pretty RED CROSS next to his city name.

Very useful feature.

-Melgarius
    Diplomat of Allys
  • To echo the words of Mr Damien

Berserker wrote:

Veg has no respect for anything and anyone hes doomed on this server fear or no fear after war hes mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veg is the exact reason why theta needed Grakk. He was able to keep him under control.... as he did with the rest of Theta's nut jobs.

The officers of Thor picked up a trick or two from ol Grakky at how to maintain these crazy types.....and the majority of these officers now compramise the leadership of fear. So we'll do our best to tame the beast within.

But we know that Veg hasnt exactly made himself many friends recently... so you're entitled to have a pop i guess.... but i warn you. Once you're on veg's naughty list.... theres not much anyone can do to save you.