Handy guide for QED,please read before posting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Handy guide for QED,please read before posting

As I constantly see myths and misconceptions about me in posts I thought I would whip up a handy dandy little guide for QED members to reference before posting about me.

1) Zig runs out of gold- I did once,back in january when my 1400 warship fleet got stuck in the netherworld.
    2) Zig go's into v.mode all the time- I have only gone into v.mode once since I started playing and it was the advice I was given by a GO to get my missing fleet back(see #1 above)
    3) Zig runs when attacked- The combat reports from all my battles shows this is a very big myth,one that's busted by simply reading the CR's
    4) Zig stays by the computer 24/7- Thats why I have 70 youtube videos of me at work,in the arctic and all over the place,currently working 23 days on and 6 days off with no internet or computer at 15 hours a day.
    5) Zig started all these wars- nope,I declared war on the alliances that were attacking us for 2 months straight to avoid getting banned for bashing,an excellent defensive strategy in all my members eyes.
    6) Zig's not diplomatic- Wrong,I get along with many gamma players from all alliances and that's also some of the ones we are fighting,some folks have a personal grudge against me from when I was in CKA and there's not much I can do about that kind of behaviour or attitude.
    7) Zig breaks his peace treatys- Wrongo again,QED and WAR broke the peace treaty with us as we take honoring all treatys very seriously and breeching them has never been an option with us.
    EIGHT) Zig has allmost 2000 posts on the forum- Hopefully this little guide will keep me from having to make more posts correcting the myths and misconceptions,and anyways,post count is irrelevant.
    9) Zig wont fight a huge pack-This one is correct,I learned when I started and was getting swarmed how to fight back and my offence and defence scores show it.There is no strategy involved in swarming someone,I like strategy and a challenge,something swarm attacks have none of.
    10) Zig is a zebra- Well,i've been called worse but this ones also untrue,i'm more like a lonewolf,thats why I enjoy fighting on my own and it reflects my life as I'm a bit of a loner.
    11) Zig is leader of DES- I handed leadership over to Blazer months ago and it's no ones bussiness why I did,things can change at any time but it's strategically smart to have more then one player who can assume leadership responsibilities when needed.
    12) Zig threatens the members if they want to leave- This is one of the worst bits of propaganda I see all the time,I have never threatened any member,they are free to do as the choose but most would rather leave the game then be told what to do or what alliance they have to belong to.

So that's it for now,I will just post the link from now on instead of having to re explain these points everytime someone wants to keep repeating these myths.
  • Not sounding rude/insulting you in any way zig..But whats Arctic got to do with all of this?..Just curious, thats all..I mean, like...do you work in the Arctic? (Sorry if that sounds retarded..Just curious to know..lol)..You are on youtube? Can ya give me link of you on one of the videos?
  • I work all over western and northern Canada including the arctic

The Unpredictable wrote:

Not sounding rude/insulting you in any way zig..But whats Arctic got to do with all of this?..Just curious, thats all..I mean, like...do you work in the Arctic? (Sorry if that sounds retarded..Just curious to know..lol)..You are on youtube? Can ya give me link of you on one of the videos?
    Where ever there's a mine to be built or an ice road or a pipeline to be buried,i'm there,I havent worked near home for many years and played Ikarium 60 kilometers from the arctic circle at a .5 mps internet sat connection which was brutal,a circ would take 20 minutes to open.Just type in my username in youtube searchbar(zigmiester) or anything with the word Arctic in it.Arctic bush pilots,building an ice road,it's my life,life in a northern town,xmas in the arctic,arctic wolf on the ice road,you get the gist.I like to think I have the best job in the world except for the flying,unless it's in a chopper,cant get enough of that.

youtube.com/watch?v=ueY1hmAHWMQ
    youtube.com/watch?v=GjV6dFHL1-Y
    youtube.com/watch?v=n5JyK36DkJk

What's the Arctic got to do with anything? My crew is close and we have talked and shared my experiences up there where it's head down and hair straight back,your two weeks of work can be wiped out in 20 minutes,you have to be a survivor and not a quitter and depend on your partner for your life,thats why we dont give up,my experiences up in Nunavut have carried on to my members,they know that no matter what happens,the sun rises the next day and you start all over if you have to.
    You have to be tough to roll with me and i'm no tougher then the next guy,I was just lucky enough to be tested many times and found out how tough us humans can be.I try and relate that to our members and the old timers know exactly what i'm talking about.

The post was edited 1 time, last by zigmiester ().

• Nice man. I have a lot of respect to you reading this post. I never knew that you were in such hard conditions, away from your home/family...Must be pretty hard. Just o nce question - in those videos you posted, which one are you? I appologize for all the hard bits I had with you. I never knew that you were in the middle of the Arctic circle, trying to work and still play the game. :gj:

BTW - you have a nice cat. :D
  • The Unpredictable wrote:

Nice man. I have a lot of respect to you reading this post. I never knew that you were in such hard conditions, away from your home/family...Must be pretty hard. Just o nce question - in those videos you posted, which one are you? I appologize for all the hard bits I had with you. I never knew that you were in the middle of the Arctic circle, trying to work and still play the game. :gj:

:huh:

those vids are years old, just more ziggles not telling the truth as usual.
  • @ Martin - They may be old, but if he lives a cold life in the Arctic, then I think we all should so some courtesy in respecting the man for living such a hard life.
  • RE: Handy guide for QED,please read before posting

zigmiester wrote:

As I constantly see myths and misconceptions about me in posts I thought I would whip up a handy dandy little guide for QED members to reference before posting about me.

1) Zig runs out of gold- I did once,back in january when my 1400 warship fleet got stuck in the netherworld.
    2) Zig go's into v.mode all the time- I have only gone into v.mode once since I started playing and it was the advice I was given by a GO to get my missing fleet back(see #1 above)
    3) Zig runs when attacked- The combat reports from all my battles shows this is a very big myth,one that's busted by simply reading the CR's
    4) Zig stays by the computer 24/7- Thats why I have 70 youtube videos of me at work,in the arctic and all over the place,currently working 23 days on and 6 days off with no internet or computer at 15 hours a day.
    5) Zig started all these wars- nope,I declared war on the alliances that were attacking us for 2 months straight to avoid getting banned for bashing,an excellent defensive strategy in all my members eyes.
    6) Zig's not diplomatic- Wrong,I get along with many gamma players from all alliances and that's also some of the ones we are fighting,some folks have a personal grudge against me from when I was in CKA and there's not much I can do about that kind of behaviour or attitude.
    7) Zig breaks his peace treatys- Wrongo again,QED and WAR broke the peace treaty with us as we take honoring all treatys very seriously and breeching them has never been an option with us.
    EIGHT) Zig has allmost 2000 posts on the forum- Hopefully this little guide will keep me from having to make more posts correcting the myths and misconceptions,and anyways,post count is irrelevant.
    9) Zig wont fight a huge pack-This one is correct,I learned when I started and was getting swarmed how to fight back and my offence and defence scores show it.There is no strategy involved in swarming someone,I like strategy and a challenge,something swarm attacks have none of.
    10) Zig is a zebra- Well,i've been called worse but this ones also untrue,i'm more like a lonewolf,thats why I enjoy fighting on my own and it reflects my life as I'm a bit of a loner.
    11) Zig is leader of DES- I handed leadership over to Blazer months ago and it's no ones bussiness why I did,things can change at any time but it's strategically smart to have more then one player who can assume leadership responsibilities when needed.
    12) Zig threatens the members if they want to leave- This is one of the worst bits of propaganda I see all the time,I have never threatened any member,they are free to do as the choose but most would rather leave the game then be told what to do or what alliance they have to belong to.

So that's it for now,I will just post the link from now on instead of having to re explain these points everytime someone wants to keep repeating these myths.

I'll give QED's response, especially since we dont disagree with all posts.

1) Zig used to run out of gold or get very close all the time. Now he keeps a much smaller military delighting mostly in bomb runs. He also shuts down all resource production keeping his income higher. How does he survive? As he admitted himself a while back, he let his score get low enough that other alliance members could support him by donating what resources he needs. Nice.

2) I don't think this is accurate zig. I believe you have been into v. mode several times, however our bigger beef is not that YOU go into v. mode, it is that you run, forcing your alliance to go into v. mode frequently, a strategy which you actively tell them to do.

3) Disagree. Most of the time you run. Period.

4) Generally disagree. While it may not be 24/7 it is a LOT of time. Maybe its less now that you have moved off to your current job (which I believe is seasonal?) but I remember you saying you were going to have to go into long term v. mode for this job, yet seem to be online constantly as far as we can tell. Not only do we see you cycle troops and bomb raids for hours upon hours on end, but we see the circulars you send to your alliance mates constantly. So disagree here too.

5) Generally agreed. I certainly know that you declared war in response to our attacks. We never denied that. In a way you started them by provoking us with you interference, your attitude, and well yeah your attitude. But as to the declaration, the war was going well before that.

6) Neutral. I have no specific knowledge of you not being diplomatic. This wasn't really a diplomatic issue that arose. We don't like your lies, or your mouth. It's not undiplomatic to be the way you are, its just annoying and foolish. There's a difference.

7) Agreed. Never claimed you broke a peace treaty with us. It was effectively defunked for a long time prior to fighting.

8) This if you agreeing with a "misconception." You just state it is irrelevant.

9) Once again you agree, so it isn't a misconception.

10) No comment I suppose.

11) You handed over the leader position but it isnt that simple. You are still effectively the leader or at least in leadership role.

12) Generally agree. There was one issue a while back about this. I tend to think you got carried away and made a mistake. I don't think that's normally your style, but you did kick and scream a little at those considering leaving. I saw the message myself.

Feel free to add more. I am always willing to comment on specifics, especially when not rehashed, and am certain willing to agree where possible.
  • Nope,been in v.mode once in february and thats the first time and read the cr's,thats not running,why do you keep ignoring the cr's?
    Last few showed you guys running from me.

Keep going though,makes you look more foolish with every post.
    Most of the real fighters I talk to from other alliances know how to read a cr and know whats happening,your the only one that cant figure it out.
    Ask the #1 offence guy to explain it for you,Belial has a very good idea of whats going on.We do talk you know. 8)
  • zigmiester wrote:

Nope,been in v.mode once in february and thats the first time and read the cr's,thats not running,why do you keep ignoring the cr's?

Most of the real fighters I talk to from other alliances know how to read a cr and know whats happening,your the only one that cant figure it out.
    Ask the #1 offence guy to explain it for you,Belial has a very good idea of whats going on.We do talk you know. 8)
    lol..zig, yes im very good at reading CRs....thats how i figure out what troops and ships to use. analyze and memorized, why the CR is a win or lose. its not hard to do....look read, and analyze.

• the Sic one wrote:

zigmiester wrote:

Nope,been in v.mode once in february and thats the first time and read the cr's,thats not running,why do you keep ignoring the cr's?

lol..zig, yes im very good at reading CRs....thats how i figure out what troops and ships to use. analyze and memorized, why the CR is a win or lose. its not hard to do....look read, and analyze.
    Should do up a tutorial on how to interpert damage for QED and QEDA because they keep thinking i'm getting tuned but I know you can tell the difference. ;)
  • martin14 wrote:

The Unpredictable wrote:

Nice man. I have a lot of respect to you reading this post. I never knew that you were in such hard conditions, away from your home/family...Must be pretty hard. Just o nce question - in those videos you posted, which one are you? I appologize for all the hard bits I had with you. I never knew that you were in the middle of the Arctic circle, trying to work and still play the game. :gj:

Stop trolling Martin. :)
  • blazer44 wrote:

martin14 wrote:

The Unpredictable wrote:

You are supposedly the leader of an alliance, and you seriously cannot do better than that ?

It must be terribly boring to read your circular messages, urging your people to fight... or rather to run.

Must be tough living in ziggles' shadow all the time.
  • martin14 wrote:

blazer44 wrote:

martin14 wrote:

The Unpredictable wrote:

You are supposedly the leader of an alliance, and you seriously cannot do better than that ?

It must be terribly boring to read your circular messages, urging your people to fight... or rather to run.

Must be tough living in ziggles' shadow all the time.
    Nah, I am doing fine. Thanks for asking! I just don't like to waste too much of my time responding to obvious flame bait.
  • By flame bait, do you mean the title of this thread created by your member??? Please, ziggles is the king of flame and you know it. We were wondering where you were in all this - all hail the puppet king! :)
  • faythwalkerhsl wrote:

By flame bait, do you mean the title of this thread created by your member??? Please, ziggles is the king of flame and you know it. We were wondering where you were in all this - all hail the puppet king! :)
    No,you guys keep repeating the same old same old like a broken record so I posted this as a reference guide that debunks all those false claims you keep making so I dont have to keep doing it after allmost every QED post.

Now,start useing it. 8)
  • faythwalkerhsl wrote:

By flame bait, do you mean the title of this thread created by your member??? Please, ziggles is the king of flame and you know it. We were wondering where you were in all this - all hail the puppet king! :)
    Point taken. I am just play the game when I have time and try to help out other members of the alliance. Sending resources, giving advice, same stuff I am sure you guys do. I also try to participate in diplomacy, war, and whatnot but I have not had time for about a month now and with my wife being induced on Sunday night I am sure that amount of time will drop significantly.

Doesn't it feel like I have been talking about my daughter being born forever now or am I just being impatient. lol