Two Replies Wins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• It was also interesting last night to see what happens when multiple things influence one's dreams. My family watched some episodes of Madam Secretary where she was dealing with the show's version of child/parent separation on the US-Mexico border. (With it being the AZ governor, not federal, ordering it.) So at first I was dreaming of something, probably influenced by thoughts of the conference I was at last week. That turned into some war stuff, meeting a soldier nicknamed Host, because he liked to think of himself as a reptile possessing a human, while we tied enemy soldiers to trees using trained(?) giant spiders that made webs that acted as nets. That morphed into me being Luke Skywalker and we were Rebels getting the Death Star plans (a part of me, while dreaming, was like, "This is brilliant to finally have a movie about getting those plans. It gives more depth to Episode IV." :P ) and that segued into thinking about the Imperial mobilization effort and how the empire would deal with kids whose parents were both in the Imperial forces. Answer: Lure them all into a huge convention room with TV. Though the next steps weren't clear other than probably some indoctrinization since the dream got more focused on me going in/out of the room and watching a magician(?) than dealing with the issues.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
      :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
    • Seriously now. You. Must. Start a dream journal.....were the kids wearing a uniform? were there windows in the room? I need more details in order to form a sufficient visual! please use aid.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • I've got enough dreams that have memorable parts and I usually keep only my favorites in mind. Ironically the two I've most developed were rather low-key but spawned a like for the characters that emerged from developing them.

As for the room, I don't recall any windows. It was in a hotel/convention center. To get to it there was light green (but not lime or anything) carpetting covering the floor with little decals in it. Also some escalators. The room itself was rather unremarkable. Concrete floors. Bunch of folding chairs. Huge crowd of kids coming in. Two big movie-size screens in the front.

I do remember there being two guards at the doors. (Maybe 10-20 ft. wide.) I remember that because dream-me was thinking, "Wait, what if the guards see me? Won't they stop me from leaving?" The reasoning I used that they wouldn't was, "I'm just some random kid. They'll probably assume I've got parents." So despite being the only person going out, I got out, and then decuded to go back in later for some reason. Whether the guards were in stormtrooper or officer garb, I want to lean more towards officer.

The look of things, aside from being Luke Skywalker and, those guards, and a couple stormtrooper, was not Star Warsesque so your aid is, ironically, not the best.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Well you can add more Star Wars to the mix. After dreams about a cruise ship amd various things related to it, I ended up in the cleanest and most hip to hang out in gas station in the Star Wars universe. After figuring out where I was, I was given five Imperial credits by someome and told to give it to someone. After finding someone who viewed the credits as useful, not a liability, I knew the guy had to be an officer just out with his family. So then I got told to buy something for him and after not knowing how to work the vending machine, brought it to the cashier who took care of things and revealed the coins were American coins. So I was all, "This is crazy! The face on this coin, this was the president of my country like 150 years ago!" (It was Lincoln. And 150 years ago is pretty good IMO for dream facts.) Then I remembered Star Wars takes place in a galaxy a long long timd ago. So in my dream I needed to sort out the timeline. So the cashier became Darth Vader. The officer became some other character and then that was followed by some, "Actually, I am ...!" which brought Mace Windy and Count Dooku into the mix, plus a third guy.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Oh. Wow....just wow. What in the name of sweet corn are you eating before bed time?
      I never, ever have such vivid dreams....in fact I very rarely remember my dreams. And when I do, it's more of a general feeling or idea...although quite frequently upon waking I know the answer to a homework question...so perhaps I do my homework in my dreams too?

wow...insert nerd emoji....lol

And a good evening to you too. Hope your first day of classes went well.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • I don't think I eat weird things before bed. Last night the most before-bed thing I had was a normal dinner.

Homework in your dreams is useful. Means 8 more productive hours.

The downside of memorable dreams however is when they're not pleasant. For me there have been times where I'll have a dream with some of my greater fears. I usually get over those as soon as I wake up, but I remember having one (though I gladly don't remember what it was) a month or three back where it ended up being on my mind for the rest of the day or so because it dealt with a fear in regards to my character/morals.

First day went well. I, gladly, have not gotten "80% of you will fail" speeches, but if those happen they'll be tomorrow. How's your second week?

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Well I just went to 12:30 being my earliest class to having a 9 am one being the earliest. On the other hand, it should be interesting.

Also, good night, Helen. Sweet dreams. ;)

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote: