Two Replies Wins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Another definition of irony: The lab used for my computer sciences labs this semester have the slowest and most annoying computers I have seen in a while. Even my old laptop could search things on internet explorer quicker than these can on Chrome.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
      :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
    • Reminds me of the old Apple computers with the colored backing. I remember being back in 3rd or so grade, seeing that in a classmate's house and thinking, "Wow, that's fancy." Later my grade school got those for the computer lab.

And now I'm remembering the old iPods. I never owned one and they definitely aren't as common as before. But it's interesting to think back to how MP3s were still common and think of where technology has come just in my relatively short lifetime.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• yep, computers that were amazing 5 years ago can now hardly run the new programs that are required. Things are speeding up...and people are tying to slow down....because we are contradictory. lol

I do love Friday.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • Friday isn't as good as Saturday IMO.

Last night was weird. I think at one time my mind was melding Guardians of the Galaxy, The 100, and The Chronicles of Narnia all into an original (and relatively coherent) story.

I should probably start my first homeworks.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Ah yes. Innocence.

As for that dream, making it into a movie would be tough I think. The reason I say it took inspiration from The 100 is that in the latest season finale, Earth had become an entirely barren wasteland and so they traveled through the stars to another planet. That's how it bore similarity as in my dream there were just a couple spaceships left in orbit and I was all like, "This isn't enough space to support a growing population. The eight of us left need to rebuild humanity." And travel basically happened in the ship from The 100.

It took inspiration from Guardians of the Galaxy because of the little bit of humanity left, two people had their own sleek spaceship and were bad guys who I kept trying to convince to join us. (I mean, they were like 25% of the population.) And one of them, when I thought about it, was probably inspired by Gamorra's sister even though she had green skin.

And it took inspiration from Narnia in that what finally got the guy of those two people to start realizing I wasn't necessarily an enemy was when the lady showed him that I'd been taking care of the animals they had on their ship, one of which was an Aslan-Lion. So upon seeing how the animals trusted me and the fact I'd been taking care of them despite all his antics opened his eyes a little.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• I was in a time warp this morning. I got to the train station where an announcement said a train was 6-10 minutes late. Twenty minutes later and or was still only 6-10 minutes late. Amazing!

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• ah the magic of public transportation. My bus schedule says....bus will arrive in 15 min....please be out 10 earlier in case it is early and be understanding if it is 10 min late......so technically bus check is more of a general suggestion to let you know that bus will come at some point. In Toronto the bus comes every 5-7 min........ah civilization.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee