Two Replies Wins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Coco was good.

And, Helen, I'm scared. I looked at the temperature amd saw -1°. So I thought, "That must be an old temperature from last night or something." So I pressed to update and all that happened was for the negative sign to get dropped.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
      :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
    • We are going to get a daytime high of -6 C on Tuesday......then back down we go again.

On Wednesday night we are going to get to -8 Fahrenheit (which I looked up for Rainy).
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • Rainy, I thought you lived in Atlanta. (Though I'm guessing I'm wrong.) I'm just surprised at those temperatures because while we'd gladly take that in Chicago...

And dream story time. There was some stuff before what I'm mentioning. Some of it I remember (like arguing with my son that he wasn't mature enough to be doing what he was doing unless he got married, moved into their house, and got a table [no idea why a table] and then he subsequently did that and my wife had to say, "Okay, he did it. [And to be clear, I have no kids in real life. Nor a wife.]) Some stuff I don't remember. Then I was hanging out at my uni's Newman Center talking about what classes I had later that day and a guy named Robert mentioned how a professor of mine was in some secret architect society.

(Now comes that part that makes me want to share this dream.) So I have my first class and then get to their class, which ends up being some culinary study class, kind of like a food version of Music Appreciation. And when he starts lecturing, his whole spiel is that food is ruining the world. That people have no taste and it's making them indifferent to the world. He then took the french fry as an example. And told us he blamed McDonald's for how much destruction the french fry was wrecking on culture. You go all over the world and what do you have? Maybe not the local and unique cuisine, but McDonald's and their french fries. And with that culinary hegemony people aren't protecting their cultures. They're just absorbing a blob of nothing-culture, being the same as everyone else around the world. And people are losing their taste of what to have during certain meals. Why? Try going to McDonald's for breakfast and what can you get? French fries. For breakfast! (And this is pretty much the same thing he was saying in my dream.)

So after learning about the tyranny of the french fry for a whole 50 minutes, I left that class and went to investigate some mystery. (At this point I'm pretty sure my dream mixed up the Newman Center with The Library [from the Librarian franchise.]) So then I was walking around the high above ground ledges of buildings and trying to track down some guy who had been running around until I found a place where I saw he had either fallen or jumped off and died. (If you've ever played a game where a player's name floats above their head, it looked like that.) So I was ready to call it off until I saw there was a new tag with basically the same name so I was like, "I guess he resurrected somehow." That continued a few times until I finally lost the trail and at that point for some reason I summoned a bunch of roman legionaries to help me out even though there wasn't anything left to do at that point. But being on the ledges of buildings, they started falling off so I had to summon a dragon and then fly below the ledges with a basket to catch falling legionaries.

That all got sorted out and I came down to the ground with a full backpack of rubble that I'd collected while up on the ledges. (You know, some big pieces of concrete and whatnot that really shouldn't have been there in the first place.) And remembering that Robert told me that professor was a member of the secret architect society I went to his office building where he was already waiting outside so I got suspicious and thought, "What if he's out there because he's the guy I was tracking and this is all an elaborate plot to go 'rubble collecting' with me so he can push me off the ledge of a building to my death." But that plot got dropped and my brain had a tough time with continuity because by the time we were inside the building he was a woman now. And so she said, "Welcome to the Architect society. Take a code name." So I took one [nephew, all the code names were family-themed] and was sitting next to Robert [code name: cousin] when she said, "Wait a second, we're the right ones to come to about this, but how did you know about us? Who told you?" After a bit of back and forth with me not wanting to give Robert up and her pressing for an answer I finally said, "Robert." And then I had to think about where my loyalties would lie if I had to choose between the Architect Society and The Library [see beginning of paragraph 3] that I'd choose the Library.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• That moment when you've got more than an hour's work done on a fillable pdf and your computer freezes and you realize you haven't saved any of that work yet...

Thankfully I didn't have to turn it off and on again. That would've sucked.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• I was going to respond earlier but started reading your amazingly wordy response and got lost after googling The Librarian...looks like a decent show.....might go on my list of dozens of shows I will maybe one day watch.

Trying to watch Titans right now......

After two classes of advanced Excel I only have one thing to say......clearly, you like pain.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • The Librarian is a nice show. It's get a little silly at times, but that's the charm. The movies are also pretty good.

Titans is a movie, a sports team, what?

Never taken excel. Though I now pity you with accounting math.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote: