Two Replies Wins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Funny meme, but I think humans will kill all life before that could ever happen (not that it will) :P

Also, I know about evolution, I just always assumed it was an animal that evolved to lay an egg rather than the other way around.
      Where has all the rum gone?
    • I shall agree with Elizayne , assuming chicken was first must be logical , having in mind the last centuries and the "evolution" that has happened to any kind of animal or human.
      Yet following the Darvin's theory(wohoever agrees to it) that humans weren't existing at all , and they have evolved from "whatever" , we shall be capable to assume none of the chickens were existing at all and they have evolved as well.
      We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
    • I shall not , i fall asleep when i read "uninteresting" stuff :)
      --- yet goes to read the "summary" of the book , that shall be enough , esp if people have placed good critics about it hehe
      We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them. Albert Einstein
    • Which leads me to the idea to ask (out of the subject) , has anyone actually realized it at school/university , most of the times in literature classes , it does not really matter what people think , unless they are well proved critics , or unless they go with the opinion of the well proved critics :)
    • So you have actually thought over symbolism of something(just an example) , when you read a book /story , before even knowing you shall search for it ? :))
      Or then when you had opinion over it , you went hundreds of years later , read all about the information you can find , thought over it and compared it to history as well , then made your opinion over it ? :)
    • sharpe12 wrote:

Where do these people come from?
      England.

But yeah, thats an unfair comment. I admit I was not aware that this 'joke' had a scientifically proven answer, I stand corrected as I had never heard or read about this . I have to say biology has never been my strong point. Anyway, my comment regarding the giraffe was sarcastic...

Anastasia does have one point, if this your own opinion it is irrelevant without journal backups or a PhD. I learnt that the fun way. Except I study business, not science (evidently).

edit: Apparently researchers from the Sheffield Uni say while it was always thought it was the egg first, they now think its the chicken because of the protein needed to produce the egg from the hens ovaries. Isn't learning fun? :P

The post was edited 2 times, last by Elizayne ().

• Yeah thats for sure , i do not know how is it in your countries , but here they even run advertisement on the TV , promoting the subject , that we shall be as similar as possible to A. Einstein because that's what the society needs :D
      ---but but but , have you seen his hair :O , hehehe
    • I do not know , haven't really asked them , i just remembered it , when we talked about science :)

---- Why be Attenborough , when you can be yourself ? --- :d

The post was edited 1 time, last by Anastasia ().

• Attenborough is a national treasure, hopefully he will get better soon. Always have and always will love his documentaries.

Why are people advertising Einstein on TV breaks? Thats seems rather odd. Most adverts here are anti-wrinkle cream and insurance
    • Well there are many other as well , i do not know , thought it's interesting as well. But well people in Germany must wanna promote something with that one too.
      -- and noone said they tell you directly who to be apparently .

The post was edited 2 times, last by Anastasia ().

• Well i must say i watch TV rare , but yes i saw it like 2 times at least (it is possible i have seen it on Sky Go as well idk) and i remember it coz it got my attention thats all .And i shall say i do not remember for the cigarettes , but i am on my own smoker so must be normal not to pay attention to those, i do not know heh.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Anastasia ().