Two Replies Wins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

I am back at school January 8.

so I am enjoying my first couple of days of freedom! When do you find out your exam results? I find out on the 19'th.........
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • New

Movies, ice skating, finishing that book I started in September and baking treats....and catching up on non-fun things like laundry, house cleaning etc.
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • New

Well first I'm taking a couple days to just relax. Right now I'm in the middle of getting some dishes done [more because my mother wants a clean kitchen for some reason...] and then getting back to a self-game of Civilization the board game*.

Right now Italy has most of the Italian penninsula. A city on Sardinia (I took a look after posting and nope, they lost that city from famine.) and some people in Siciliy. Thrace has much of Thracia with a couple cities in the Northern Balkans and also some of Southern Germany. Crete has cities on Crete and in Southern Greece. Its population is in Greece and the Balkans with a small population on Cyrprus. The Asians just suffered from civil war and epidemic so they're only in the West of Asia Minor right now after being severely reduced, but at least they have metal working now. The Babylonians are doing okay with cities in Sumer and population stretching in a decent amount of the Fertile Crescent. Egypt is doing okay also with a couple cities in Gaza, the Nile, and population that's mostly along the Nile and in the surrounding area. And Carthage is in an interesting position now. They have a couple cities in Tunisia and also a city on Cyrene. Their African population however suffered from a famine, meaning it's pretty bare bones and they're starting to come into conflict with Egypt while also having had conflict with the Italians on Sicily. However the civil war that the Asians had has given them another region of influence as they've got some stuff in Eastern Asia Minor and around the Caucasus.

As for later, I want to take some time to learn Python and also finish a personal project of writing some template classes for my use later on. I'll also be going to a Catholic College Students conference called SEEK which should be nice. And of course I'm looking forward to Christmas and New Year's which are usually spent at an Aunt and Uncle's of mine.

So what genre would you put Night Broken in?

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
      :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
    • New

Status update. Thrace has been pushed out of the Northern Balkans by Crete's expansionist policies. Asia Minor has experienced another civil war, leading to the formation of a *very* small Italian state in Southern Asia Minor. The African faction of Asia Minor's previous civil war has been pushed to the Black Sea under pressure from Asia's forces, Babylon's forces, and Thracian invasion forces. Palestine has had more cities built in it by Egypt and Babylon and with that there is peace in the Middle East because trying to get around those to attack each other would be impractical and annoying. As a side effect, this has led to Egypt's Westward expansion that has pushed the Africans out of Libya and back towards Tunisia. The Italians have also become successful in claiming the island of Sicily at the current time so the Black Sea contingent of the Africans is now a large part of where their hope will lie for further expansion.

Some predictions of what will occur. (ie, here's what I'm thinking of doing.) Thrace has experienced setbacks in the Balkans with Crete's expansion. They're also facing Italy's population pressure that is forcing people into Southern Germany. As the Northern regions don't have good places for cities, it is time to consider the drastic action of relocating their populace to Asia Minor. As the Asians have suffered some population reduction as of late, it is a plausible fight and would open up a lot of city sites. As the Thracians can now sail ships over the open ocean, it will be relatively easy for them to supply their population to live there. Between the hammer of the Thracians and Italian colony, this may be hard for the Asians. The Africans, if this happens, will probably be well-served in trying to expand into Babylon's current territory in the Fertile Crescent. As the Africans have metal working, this gives them an advantage when battles ensue. This would also keep them away from the Thracians.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• New

1. I really want to play Civilization with you! lol
      2. The Mercy Thompson series is classed as an Urban Fantasy book.
      3. Did you find your scarf?
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • New

1. The one way I could think of, leaving out the possibility of you flying down, would be to go with the Computer game Civilization II. (Quite different from the board game though.) There's a multiplayer version that's free to download. (Though I'd have to find it again.)

2. Nice. (At least so long as the story isn't about a vampire who's in love with a werewolf but their families keep them apart until they get married in secret and then commit double-suicide after a contrived plot to fake their deaths goes wrong.

3. Not yet.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote: