The Strongest Force on Gamma

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• The Strongest Force on Gamma

As most of you are well-aware, Gamma is not the same server that it used to be. Many of the old guard are leaving the game or the server and new blood isn't interested in a server where the majority of players are already over a million points with 9 towns. For the same reasons, many of the old elite alliances are suffering and cannot maintain the same standard of play they are used to. Other significant alliances have disappeared altogether and the Gamma landscape is undoubtedly changing. Because of these things all alliances (but especially the big ones) must be open to change and be willing to adjust their strategies and their partnerships. Without a willingness to change with the times, large alliances cannot sustain their greatness.

This applies to QED as well. QED has been a top alliance for a very long time now. We have been respected as an alliance of pirates, and while a minority of players will vehemently disagree, we are well known as some of the best players of the game. A big part of our success has been the strong relationships we have had with other top alliances. Our strong ties with 300, FFC, CKA, WoH, EG, WAR, CER and so many others have helped us tremendously and made the game more enjoyable. However, for the reasons mentioned above, QED has decided to reevaluate all political relationships. It was for this reason that, as we announced not long ago, QED was cancelling every single treaty it had signed. The cancellation of these treaties was not a reflection on the quality of any individual alliance. Rather, QED cancelled ALL treaties, and has given itself a clean slate. With this clean slate we were able to sit back and survey the Gamma landscape without prejudices and without being locked into old notions of who must be allied with whom. And we are now in the process and forging new (and perhaps reforging old) ties with other alliances that fit well with our playing style.

We began this process several weeks ago, seeking the alliance that would serve as our top ally, and with whom we could act as partners in continued growth in Gamma. After considering at length the different attributes of the many excellent alliances still left in Gamma, and discussing the issue internally at QED we were able to come to a unanimous decision, and fortunate enough that this alliance accepted our peaceful overtures, likewise seeing the mutual benefit in this partnership. Thus, it is with great pleasure that I announce that QED has now signed a full and complete Mutual Defense Pact with its new partner and ally - ORION.

For those of you who have had dealings with them, you know that Orion is filled with quality people who both know how to play the game as well as act like real people and not 8 year old Internet geeks. They fight with the best of them, and employ many of the same skills and tactics utilized by QED for the last two years. In fighting them they gained our respect, which has only strengthened over time as we witnessed their ability to play with honor, cunning, and most importantly, the understanding that this is just a stupid Internet game. We are very excited about the opportunities this partnership of alliances will bring.

Keep in mind that QED is looking for additional alliances to partner with, as we have always done. We are willing to consider alliances with whom we have had treaties in the past, as well as new alliances we have never partnered with before. Previous allies should definitely feel free to let us know if you want to sign a new treaty. If you respect QED's style of play, and want to be involved as QED and Orion move forward and stay at the top echelon of this server, shoot me a message in game and I will be happy to discuss the issue.

FaythwalkerHSL
    Diplomat of QED

(i know I am horribly long-winded)
  • In terms of gamma history, ORION is a very recent alliance. We have only climbed to the top 10 a few months ago what in gamma history is recent. We were not in the top 50 in the first world war and we did not enter the second world war. With the entering in Gamma's Top 10, ORION has made two very important wars. Those were against QED and WAR/EG. We fought QED twice and in both occasions, a semi-diplomatic result was achieved. We both agreed that we were quite strong in different planes. We fought WAR/EG to respect our pact with DES, it was a less active war when comparing with the ones with QED.
    During the fights with QED, most of us realized that QED was not that old alliance that wanted to destroy everything around and most of the players were nice. The connection stayed and now we have the most important pact that ORION can sign, a Mutual Defence Pact (MDP).

It is with a great honour and pride that I see these negotiations arriving at a good port. Honour, Respect and Will to fight for a reason are common values that we share.
    As history shows, if there's any alliance attacking QED, ORION will be there to help.

A small reference to DES/IMC needs to be done by my part. We had a long term pact with DES and QED knows that we don't want to fight them in a near future.
  • interesting on multiple levels...

"We fought QED twice and in both occasions, a semi-diplomatic result was achieved." Tenesis

Dang man, they let you off easy. They don't do diplomacy.
  • @Rommel - ah, but you see it was a "semi" diplomatic resolution. Haha.

Orion reminds me so much of QED in its earlier days. Unlike 300, THR and LAW, QED did not start out as a major power, but came from nothing and quickly moved up the ranks always fighting alliances bigger than ourselves and always increasing our score during those wars. Being at the top was the biggest adjustment we had to make because it was so strange to us, and while we prefer being the underdog, sometimes you need to embrace that success. Orion has done the same thing, and followed a similar path and we whole-heartedly want to support them in that mentality.
  • the comment from Desert Fox doesn't even make logic so I'm not bothering replying it.

I would like to congratulate QED for having the courage to reformulate its pacts. I think that shows that these days in gamma there are no longer long established power blocks or alignments.
    Power is measured not in the quantity of wars, scores, damage caused or number of players posting in the boards. In Ikariam, power is about mutual trust, activity, having fun and stop the "adversary" from growing.
  • We are happy to enter this new relationship with QED. And like QED, ORION will be reevaluating the treaties we have formed. QED made no demand on ORION that we "do as they did" and cancel all our pacts. In fact, QED made no demand at all on ORION in return for this MDP. We appreciate this, and will prove to be a beneficial partner.

As Tenesis stated, ORION members have had ties with members of the old DES and have no desire to be fighting them at the present time. However, let it be known that ORION and QED are allies now... the present relationship overrides all in the past.

Oh... and btw... ORION has room for more members!
  • it is interesting that besides our own posts (and IED) no one else cares for this. By what I understand of gamma, this pact changes the power distribution a lot and therefore gamma itself. I would expect some congratulations or even provocations from our colleagues alliances.

Unfortunately it seems that the board is the mirror of gamma itself. There are the active alliances, QED, WAR, IED, ORION and a bit of 300, EG and CER. LAW, GD, CKA, WoH, Grey Matter (?!?!) and WnX are inactive and possible simcity oriented players...
  • faythwalkerhsl wrote:

Gamma is dying. All that is left are a few quality players and the cockroaches.
    I'd say it's already dead. I started a thread about ways we could make this server more fun about 9 months ago, but there wasn't a lot of pulling together and sharing ideas. Since then we've lost 1/3 of the accounts that were still around when I made that thread ;( . You need a sense of community to turn things around on dying game.
    Of the 2,475 accounts on the server, the majority are either inactive or banned. Whoever the brains was behind the idea of the endless battle system has a lot to answer for. :nerd:
  • Brasco de gama wrote:

faythwalkerhsl wrote:

Gamma is dying. All that is left are a few quality players and the cockroaches.
    I'd say it's already dead. I started a thread about ways we could make this server more fun about 9 months ago, but there wasn't a lot of pulling together and sharing ideas. Since then we've lost 1/3 of the accounts that were still around when I made that thread ;( . You need a sense of community to turn things around on dying game.
    Of the 2,475 accounts on the server, the majority are either inactive or banned. Whoever the brains was behind the idea of the endless battle system has a lot to answer for. :nerd:

Too true, the combat is a disaster, and as long as Gameforge keeps opening new servers, this problem will just get worse.

IMO, they need to take the players left, and merge worlds together, not creat more to further dilute the player base.
    Im sure its not just Gamma that has this problem.
  • martin14 wrote:

IMO, they need to take the players left, and merge worlds together, not creat more to further dilute the player base.

That would be great... but how you would do that fairly I do not know... perhaps allowing players to raid on different world would be one way... just off the top of my head, I haven't thought it through, but it seems like a fun idea. :D
  • Brasco wrote:

martin14 wrote:

That would be great... but how you would do that fairly I do not know... perhaps allowing players to raid on different world would be one way... just off the top of my head, I haven't thought it through, but it seems like a fun idea. :D

I thought of the same thing, but thats a dead run idea. You have it stated in the idea thread somewhere, merging worlds or mixing them in any way is not possible.
    Shame in my opinion. Inter world wars would be fun, i have no idea how things are running on other old servers.
  • Peace QED vs Des

I am posting here because the various relating war threads are closed or being closed and this is relevant to whether or not one considers QED and Orion the "strongest" alliance in Gamma. As most of you know, Des fought QED for a very long time prior to our merger with IMC (which is no more). The QED/Des war was hard fought on both sides with lots of damage and lots of effort. Now that we have left IMC, I have talked with Fayth and Des and QED have agreed not to restart the previous war and that we will finally have peace. Des openly admits that QED won the QED/Des war, so that issue can be put to rest. We are glad to have peace, and enjoyed the fight.

Signed on behalf of Des by Krizminjo and zig
  • Peace Between QED and Des

Well this certainly took a long time didn't it? Anyway, QED and Des are finally at peace after an incredibly long war going back well before the merger with IMC.

I'd like to thank Kriz personally for being a respectful diplomat who was relatively easy to deal with. While we disagreed on many things substantively, we were always able to keep civil discourse. Obviously, QED and myself in particular did not have a very good relationship with zig, and this maybe persist for some time. However, I will openly state that zig has not sent me a disrespectful message in over a month, and has been very normal the last few days which did not go unnoticed. He is also banned from the boards, which was the principal reason for the war starting and continuing. Most importantly, QED is more than satisfied with the successful result of the war, though a little more than dismayed at the number of people who chose to leave the game rather than simply leave Des. The end of this war is good for Gamma, and good for both alliances involved. One thing that can be said about Des, is that they are determined, and while we were victorious, I believe the individuals in Des that survivied are stronger for it and learned some better tactics along the way. Who knows they might get to use them if the Des/IMC war of words gets any hotter.

As a show of good faith, I would like to unilaterally state that QED no longer has any objection to Zig being the nominal leader of Des. I did not discuss this with Kriz as part of the terms of surrender, nor did I discuss it with Enforcer, but I'm saying it anyway. Who cares what Enforcer thinks anyway, since I am clearly the best and brightest in QED and basically everyone respects me so much more than him. So since we've now decided I am the true power in QED, I can agree to this gesture without consult, and Zig may be leader. After all, he IS the leader of Des and it is only natural that he be named such.

The war is over - QED is victorious - and Des showed they are willing to fight against an allliance of any size and skill for a long time without backing down. Good job to everyone, and with the end of this war, and the de-merger of IED, QED reasserts its claim at the beginning of this thread as the Strongest Force in Gamma.

FaythwalkerHSL
    Diplomat of QED
    De Facto Leader and Benevolent Dictator of QED All Of Gamma
  • RE: Peace Between QED and Des

Krizminjo wrote:

Des openly admits that QED won the QED/Des war, so that issue can be put to rest. We are glad to have peace, and enjoyed the fight.

Signed on behalf of Des by Krizminjo and zig

Bravo Gentlemen :thumbsup:

faythwalkerhsl wrote:

since I am clearly the best and brightest in QED and basically everyone respects me so much more than him. So since we've now decided I am the true power in QED, ....

FaythwalkerHSL
    Diplomat of QED
    De Facto Leader and Benevolent Dictator of QED All Of Gamma

:rofl:
  • Tenesis wrote:

it is interesting that besides our own posts (and IED) no one else cares for this. By what I understand of gamma, this pact changes the power distribution a lot and therefore gamma itself. I would expect some congratulations or even provocations from our colleagues alliances.

Unfortunately it seems that the board is the mirror of gamma itself. There are the active alliances, QED, WAR, IED, ORION and a bit of 300, EG and CER. LAW, GD, CKA, WoH, Grey Matter (?!?!) and WnX are inactive and possible simcity oriented players...

Whole game is dying and I'd say is in danger of being shut down unless major changes are made. Therefore while the server still has some members given the way the populations of servers are dropping. This MDP doesn't really change much. IMO anyways
  • Gratz Qed and Orion.

The general feeling on this thread seems to be Gamma is dieing.
    Lets work together to keep that from happening.

Tell your work buddys and friends about ikariam/Gamma, get them to setup camp close to you and send them res to help them grow(one 2 million point player can help a newb get half a million points in a short time) :)

Terminater/Law HS
  • terminater2 wrote:

Gratz Qed and Orion.

The general feeling on this thread seems to be Gamma is dieing.
    Lets work together to keep that from happening.

Tell your work buddys and friends about ikariam/Gamma, get them to setup camp close to you and send them res to help them grow(one 2 million point player can help a newb get half a million points in a short time) :)

Terminater/Law HS

ORION used to give resources to noobs without questions. But we found out that the best we can give them is knowledge. Information is power anywhere. Despite that, if any of our members ask for resources and can explain why it needs them in short term, we have never refused that and we have an "academic" system to help them. We even have a graduation test. And I can bet there are many "experienced" players who would fail a lot of questions hehe