BORG vs BYZAN

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Well, we were quite relieved to hear that you didn't purposely have a lack of swordsmen. If it was the case, we would've visited you a lot more/ visited you. ;) Btw m8, I fail to see the point or relevance of stating in your post how you foregot a letter in a word. I would think it would've been more simple and less time consuming to just edit the post, add the d, and be done with it. Or not even add a d at all as your point would still be getting across.
    As many Borg have noticed, we weren't very agressive nor active in this war. No excuses worth noting for our lack of activity and agressiveness, I suppose you have your own answers for this.

Going back to D_N_D's old comments about Borg attacking a much smaller alliance. Well sure they have, but in between the pillaging and occupations of our towns a few Borg members told us (or at least me) the strategy and advantage of their tactics and how some of our own tactics were ineffective and what not. In other words, Borg was very helpful to Byzan, and I'm not to only one to think this. ^^

18 of 20 wrote:

Congratulations on finally showing up for a battle, Digaph! I wondered where you'd been this entire time. I'll give this one to you- you got me. You really trounced me. It took you what- nearly a month to fight back? You needed the help of three other people to knock my now-empty-and-scheduled-to-be-deleted mobile down. Good job! <thumbs up>

I gotta say, these Byzan boys really took it to us BORG. We spent most of the conflict running and shuttling troops back and forth between either cities that weren't even remotely close to where the enemy was, or hiding them in towns that had, according to the rules of this conflict, given up.

edit: forgot the 'd' in 'deleted'

Digaph wrote:

Someone didn't understand what swordsmen were for...
    ...I'm sure his mortars and sulphur carabineers wish he did though :huh:

Battle for 0000000000

Battle for 0000000000
    (19.12.2010 14:51:38)

Digaph from Tulga, Daco from Asmedion, Dawn from Dia del Sol, matthew15 from york
    vs
    18 of 20 from 0000000000

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Swordsman...........2244(-8).... - Swordsman..............0(-16)...
    Hoplite..............368(-395).. - Hoplite...............20(-0)....
    Sulphur Carabineer...736(-0).... - Sulphur Carabineer....68(-683)..
    ................................ - Gyrocopter...........357(-0)....
    Steam Giant..........862(-88)... - Steam Giant..........527(-333)..
    Catapult..............40(-0).... - Catapult..............58(-40)...
    Mortar................83(-0).... - Mortar.................4(-56)...
    Doctor...............152(-0).... - Doctor................40(-0)....
    Cook.................271(-0).... - Cook.................105(-0)....
    Spearmen..............10(-0).... - ................................
    Generals..................-1,108 - Generals..................-6,999
    Damage Received...........55,410 - Damage Received..........349,990

Winners: Daco, Dawn, matthew15, Digaph

1838 units from Daco are keeping the town 0000000000 occupied
    Digaph's army has been called back and have left the battlefield.
    18 of 20's army has been called back and have left the battlefield.

Created using Ikariam CR Converter (v3.09)

Cheers,
    Digaph
  • And as we reach the 21st, first I wish a Blessed Yule to all, as we celebrate the rebirth of the Great God, we leave the darkness and return to the time of light. Blessed Be to all.

Concurrently, this war is over. Many thanks to Byzan for being a challenging and entertaining participant. There is another thread here that discusses war goals, what it means to win, etc. I found that thread amusing because from a traditional sense, it's very hard to "win" a war in this game. Yes, you can inflict more damage, have more winning CR's, etc, but in the end, everything just sort of resets to the status quo and we all go about our business. BORG achieved our goal with this war, so we have decided we won. Byzan may well feel the same way.

To those who "commented" that we attacked a weaker opponent, EVERY single conflict on this server is a stronger vs a weaker opponent. I've yet to see two sides exactly evenly matched fight. BORG has almost always fought against stronger opponents, and one thing we learned from that, is that each and every time it made our alliance stronger. We learned, we adapted, and we became a more cohesive unit. With any luck, Byzan has taken this opportunity to do the same.

To those who fought in the face of an overwhelming opponent, I salute you. To those who whined and complained, what do you think this is, Monopoly? Don't you get it? 2 weeks from now, your warehouses will be as full as they were, your armies rebuilt, and your moaning will be for naught. Except you, Hidden Ninja. You're treachery has earned you a special place on the "farm regularly" list we maintain.

And to all Delta, that little button with the crossed swords? On the left, near the bottom. That's the key to keeping this server lively.

Moderators, although the war is done, I would request that this thread be left open for a short while that both sides may post their wrap-up.

Warned for "Innuendo" since 2010
  • I would just like to say thank you to the Borg for a fun time. I came in off vacation mode sometime after the war had been in progress for maybe a week, but they kindly involved me within minutes. By the time I read a few circs and discovered we were involved in conflict they sent the first attack. I had to scramble fast to protect my ass..ets. They were a crazy, humorous bunch that caused me to laugh and make an attempt at poetry. I wish them all the best.

I also wish all who read this the best and a joyful safe holiday season where ever you are.

♥ Dawn