BORG vs BYZAN

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• BORG vs BYZAN

Hey! You over there, I know about your kind
    You're like the Independent Network News on Channel 9
    Everywhere that you go, no matter where you at
    I said you talk about this, and you talk about that
    When the cat took your tongue, I say you took it right back
    Your mouth is so big, one bite would kill a Big Mac

You talk too much You never shut up
    I said you talk too much Homeboy you never shut up

BORG officially declares war on Byzan

Really? Your alliance gained another member? You went up 1 spot in TS? Your Great Aunt Gertrude ruptured her colostomy bag? No matter what the occasion, Byzantium has something to say. Blah blah blah blah blah. After a while you sound like Charlie Brown’s teacher. Well, we’re gonna give you something to talk about.

Let’s be clear here, this is not a war as much as it’s a slaughter. “Operation Maximum Overkill” is designed to allow Borg to work on combat coordination in a safe and profitable environment. That would be your cities.

What’s that you say? Byzantium’s posting is not enough justification for the anal seepage we will be experiencing for the next month? Ok, how about this. From the Byzan website:

This is what we've been through, together as an alliance. The alliance history will be updated as time goes on and important events in Delta involve us:
    ALLIANCE HISTORY!
    Delta.org is not the place to start an alliance.... however one fairly new alliance was growing rather quickly.... and this alliance was called SPQR, the senate and people of Rome. Their leader was named Gaius Julius and his right hand man was named jtirwin.
    However SPQR would have its entire history changed when the joining of the player from a distant land joined there alliance... his name was Justinian. He challenged SPQR of how there alliance should be runned and made there leader into a threatening mood, but jtirwin calmed him down and Justinian joined SPQR.
    Shortly after Gaius Julius found a so called plot against his leadership and the "new" leader of his alliance would be jtirwin. To him, this was not to be tolerated. Gaius kicked jtirwin out of the alliance and attacked him constantly, pushing him out of the server. This was the turning point of SPQR for Justinian was not to happy that Gaius kicked his friend out. Soon after new members from Justinian's side of the world joined SPQR and 2 members quit making their own alliance.
    Gaius was not too happy at this but allowed it since they meant no harm, however one rebellion did mean harm. Shortly after those members quit SPQR, Justinian, bcn, Zaen, and LANpartyCEO quit SPQR and made the alliance and formed the Byzantine Empire (BYZAN). Gaius would not allow this but after a few battles along with the total destruction of one of Justinian's towns near Gaius, the war ended and truths were revealed. Justinian was planning revenge for Gaius' act against jtirwin and raised a rebellion against him by causing some uneasyness in SPQR. SPQR and BYZAN soon made a peace treaty and vowed to protect each other and not allow any conflicts between the two alliances.
    Shortly after this SPQR went into a war with the SCRUFF alliance and they won a few battles with their allies the Greeks but, once SCRUFF recongnized SPQR was involved in the war, they began mercilessly pillaging SPQR members. SPQR begged BYZAN for help stating a false story and BYZAN blindly replied joining the war against SCRUFF. The war with SCRUFF was soon ended only to set sparks between SPQR and BYZAN again but this time, BYZAN declared the war.
    The war was deadly and longer than the first. Each side losing troops and each side fighting bravely for there own freedom. The victors of that war were surely SPQR. Leviathan, Gaius Julius and thebuddah won the war and BYZAN lost the members Zaen and bcn to SPQR because they wanted to be on the winning side.
    The alliance was left to the members of BYZAN named McJames (4000 points), LANpartyCEO (50,000 points), Sgt.Basten (9,000 points), matza (37000 points) and there leader Justinian ( 12000 points) while SPQR all had members over 60,000 points. After many attacks on BYZAN members that were overlooked, SPQR pillaged and ocuppied the BYZAN city of Constantinople.This marked the begining of the third war with SPQR. Most of BYZAN went inactive due to discouragement but Justinian was not and fought Levianthan, Gaius Julius, Zaen and bcn at his home towns.
    After the destruction of Justinian's army and after many occupations of Constantinople, LANpartyCEO came online and with an amazing 700 troops he won the day recapturing much lost BYZAN cities. The war however, did not end until the alliance named War Eagle got involved. There alliance destroyed SPQR making them disband and losing the war against BYZAN. Ever since then the Byzantine Empire colonized many worlds and only one being a success, on the ikariam.com world of Theta. However, greatness doesn't last and the Byzantine Empire on Theta was under attack by the alliance known as the Immortals. This larger alliance defeated the Empire's armies which made cowards within the empire run to the winning side. However, the pride of the Byzantine Empire still stood strong and its remainding members tryed to keep the alliance going, but it was too late and as soon as it rose, the Byzantine Empire on Theta fell.
    The leaders back in Delta were not too happy with this news, but they did not let this discourage them. Shortly after theta's fall, an old friend and enemy joined the Byzantine Empire and helped raise it to its former glory. He was none other than, Zaen. With this experienced player, the Byzantine Empire grew quickly and came into conact with the Holy Roman Empire, this alliance would greatly change both alliance's history, forever. The Byzantine and Holy Roman Empires made a very important agreement, mutual protection. This agreement was made in the form of a league which was called the Delta Powers. This league quickly grew and many alliances started to join its cause including that of Nitendo, The Alliance, the Holy Roman Bros, and the New Born Alliance.
    However, this league was all put into jepardy when the Holy Roman Empire decided to go to war. This action was very unwise weakening the league's growing reputation and causing some alliances to qit the league. Luckily the war ended with agressive persuasion to the Holy Roman Empire. However, their actions were not going to be unnoticed. The Holy Roman Empire was dissolved because of the war with a much more powerful alliance, BORG. This conflict made a spark happen between BORG and BYZAN, the future will only tell if that spark becomes a fire.
    After many months of struggling to keep active members and a couple of minor external disputes, an offer was made to BYZAN from the alliance of NBA (New Born Ally). A merge between these two small alliances were suggested by HiDDeN NiNgA. The merge seemed to be quickly underway but was then stalled when important matters were disagreed on. After a couple of weeks, a decision was made, NBA would disband and merge with BYZAN and leadership roles would be shared with the creation of the new ranks of co-leader, co-general, co-Home secretary, and co-diplomat .This merge greatly increased the rank of the new and improved BYZAN making its rank sky rocket to be placed in the 50's. However, this new "prestige" of the alliance caught some eyes, will new conflicts arise?
    The answer to this, would be a yes. A few months passed since the merge took place, and BYZAN's "golden age" was suddenly looking close to an end. After excuses and issues with both sides, 1HORDE decided to attack BYZAN's cities. The new BYZAN conducted diplomacy but all attempts to end the conflict seemed pointless. BYZAN, as a result, prepared for the worst. 1HORDE began an attack on Sargoth, a BYZAN city, this simple pillaging mission sent by 1HORDE turned into a large full scale battle that was more to take the city then to get the resources. Round after round passed, BYZAN slowly taking the lead with 1HORDE not far behind. 1HORDE, noticing that BYZAN would put much effort into this battle, decided to send more troops to the battle field which, as a result of overwhelming force, 1HORDE took victory. It was clear to all members of BYZAN, however, that it may have been a loss when it comes down to points, but it was a victory within, gaining BYZAN the respect of many 1HORDE members and testing the new BYZAN to the fullest. Her golden age was far from over. But the tests would keep coming, as 1HORDE began to slow down their agressions, golo, leader of SXP, and a capable military commander, decided that BYZAN was to blame for a simple occupation error. He informally declared war, BYZAN, prepared to respond.After about a week of diplomacy and heavy fighting, both conflicts were resolved in BYZAN's favor. Since these two conflicts were over, BYZAN members, now numbering over 30, focused on growth and recruitment which eventually made clear that BYZAN still was on a steady rise. The alliance kept growing by leeps and bounds. The a small little alliance that had nearly 100,000 points altogether blossomed into a 3 million point family.

Did you read that? Did your eyes bleed? If you did read that entire thing, this war is probably over and we are just really feeling our New Year’s Hangover. So we are going to add a paragraph or two and probably a bunch of #^$%#@ to that mess.

Back to business. The terms of this war are as follows:

To celebrate Blessed Yule, this war will automatically end on December 21st if none of the other conditions are met.

Byzan can end this war earlier if Byzantium posts an “Ode To Borg”, a poem written in Iambic Pentameter with a minimum of 10 stanzas. The only other acceptable metric would be that of Edgar Allan Poe’s “The Raven”, a more difficult undertaking but allows the author to introduce a more lyrical feeling to the work.

Alternately, Byzan can end the conflict by recording and uploading a rendition of “In Solemn Silence”, composed by M. Ippolitof-Ivanof. While the original is in 8 part harmony, a 4 part acapella version would suffice our ears.

Finally, as we are “merciful” (bahahaha), on the 5th day of combat, any city that is renamed to “Assimilated” will be left alone as long as it maintains that name until the end of the war.

Now die and try to make some noise in doing so.

PS. To anyone who would decide to involve themselves in this conflict, eventually we will leave Byzan alone. You, not so much.

Warned for "Innuendo" since 2010
  • THAT is your recruitment page? Really? I hope that protracted history of BYZAN is not required reading before you allow someone to join. I'd rather shoot myself than slog through that.

We're not making this stuff up; see it for yourself on their public recruitment page: digaph.nl/byzan/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20

Edit: They've since taken their forum offline, it seems. Thank you, BYZAN, for doing your part in cleaning up internet litter. All of humanity thanks you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by WD_40 ().

• smash wrote:

Shana And Yuji wrote:

WOW Didnt exspect this. ;)

Well have fun Borg, seems you already have begun.

I am vouching for Byzan for my own reasons.

What's your in game name? Coordinates? Times when you are most often online?
    Online24/7 coordinates 00x99

I do look forward to this war tho. despite all the commotion. ^^

*Note to self* Dont be Honest with self.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shana And Yuji ().

• simply letting you profit off of us, i dont feel is an option. ive said it to 14 of 16 and im going to say it here. if you take our goods, they will not be replaced. if you destroy our armies, they will not be rebuilt. i wish to seek for an alternative here, and im sure the rest of the alliance do aswell. its clear to the whole of Delta that you outrank us on every level of combat, no doubt. even i can see a battle thats lost before its begun.
    HN
  • HiDDeN-NiNjA wrote:

simply letting you profit off of us, i dont feel is an option. ive said it to 14 of 16 and im going to say it here. if you take our goods, they will not be replaced. if you destroy our armies, they will not be rebuilt. i wish to seek for an alternative here, and im sure the rest of the alliance do aswell. its clear to the whole of Delta that you outrank us on every level of combat, no doubt. even i can see a battle thats lost before its begun.
    HN
    Perfect! Just continue bending over.
  • My name is SillySimon, and I am leader of Borg.

Well, not really... but I AM the BORG Agricultural Czar!

Normally, I don't get involved in these small "exercises", as farming takes up the vast majority of my time. However, BYZAN made my eyes bleed, and for that, I demand restitution. I'm an avid reader, but even I couldn't get through all that drivel. Someone wrote that BORG received an "honorable mention" somewhere in that history report, but I don't believe it. I tried to use the "search" function in my browser, but the buffer ran out of memory before it got deep enough into that epic (not!) tale to find it.

Prepare to compose your final chapter!
    /ominous music
  • The mighty BORG is yet again picking on someone so weak? and yet all have raised up GS like that? What a waste, IMHO...

But what do I know, whatever happiness means to you, I guess.

And do not bother to ask my coords, if you would like to visit, I welcome you 24/7.

Cheers,
    Dynasty
    Alpha < > MEOW < > Dynasty
  • Nice to see December start with a bang. I wonder if any members of BYZAN have started their letters to Santa yet, I could guess what they might be asking.

My traditional chocolate coins (always found in my stocking) go on BORG.

Have fun, the rewards to the victor.
  • D_N_D wrote:

The mighty BORG is yet again picking on someone so weak? and yet all have raised up GS like that? What a waste, IMHO...

But what do I know, whatever happiness means to you, I guess.

And do not bother to ask my coords, if you would like to visit, I welcome you 24/7.

Cheers,
    Dynasty
    Give us your coordinates so we can come play. I'll gladly leave this war against Byzan to drop by and say hurro.