12th Colony Planted

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• 12th Colony Planted

Just to prove it can be done, I've finally upgraded my Palace to L11 (the max) and planted my 12th Colony (I believe this is the first on Alpha).

Ok the corruption stings a bit at the moment but one thing to consider (and this works for L10 & 11 colonies too) as long as the GRs in the other cities are L9 or L10 the amount of loss of population and resources across the established 10 Colonies is made up for once the 12th colony is on about L24 Town Hall.

I don't believe it would be cost effective to EVER upgrade GRs to L11 as it takes about 6.7 Million in resources. I reckon that even with a high Saw Mill and Resource Pit AND a high %age resource increase building most cities will generate about 2600 (Wood + Special) an hour. If you were REALLY high then 3,000 might be possible.

A L10 GR in a 12 Colony has 9% corruption. So you'd LOSE 270 resources per hour (lets not worry about Gold & Citizens for now). It would therefore take 24814 hours to lose 6.7 Million = 2.8 YEARS. Not so bad when you look at it this way!

In case anyone wants to know, I used a L28 Dump and two Warehouses (L28 & L19). I also forked out the 24 Ambrosia for the 100% increase once I'd packed the Dump & Warehouses. Also helps to use a little Ambrosia to get the quanties correct.

A L32 Carpenter is a MUST (otherise the wood would be about 3.6 mill), I also had L32 Architect, Optician & Fireworks.

Now the palace is Maxed in the capital I'm going to tear down the warehouses (leaving the dump) and the Fireworks and build Barracks, Forester & Winery.

So good luck to anyone planning their L11 Palace upgrade and to everyone else - it's possible!

"Don't piss me off - I'm running out of room under the patio"
  • i to be honest really don't see the point in this... correct me if i'm wrong but surely the more cost effective way would be to just build up the towns you've got?

also what's your IGN?
  • bluejt18 wrote:

i to be honest really don't see the point in this... correct me if i'm wrong but surely the more cost effective way would be to just build up the towns you've got?

also what's your IGN?
    Depends on what you want to do! TBH I wanted to see if it could be done. We each play this game in our own way and I thought I'd go for it to mix it up. Plus I get the Kudos of being the first player (as far as I know) on Alpha to do this (might even be the first player ever anywhere!)

NOW I build up all 12 towns!

My IGN is the same as my board name

"Don't piss me off - I'm running out of room under the patio"
  • Congrats on getting this!

And yes, first on Alpha.

Your also the 4th or 5th to do this on .org servers

There are probably hundreds of people that have already got this on other domains too such as the greek one, it has a few
  • Congrats man...

Some thoughts
    about this issue (and I am not trying to steal some of your fame
    :)

Obviously this goal is not something impossible (many
    players achieved the same in other servers). From my side of view is
    not even something difficult (e.g. many players can gather the
    6,5-7,5 millions needed rsrcs -depends on their reduction buildings- to upgrade their palace at lvl 11 and then settle their 12th town).
    I believe that the difficult thing is to do it with 0 corruption in
    all of your towns which means 12 GRs at lvl 11!!! My prediction is
    that the first guy that will do it in this way will be Smith. He told
    me that he needs about 6 months to do it and I believe him. I
    calculate that I need about four months to gather the rsrcs for all the GRs but I
    have first to upgrade the dumps and additionally I have to upgrade my newest town so I
    will need a lot more than six months. Soon or later many others will have 12 towns (with corruption or not) it is just matter of time but you were the first in ALPHA and I congrats you again...

P.S. Sorry but I forgot to mention about ambrosia which is very important if someone wants to to go for the 12th town. Many players that will not have ambrosia to double their storage capacity will never achieve this.
    Socrates - World Alpha

take your chance :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by beduvas ().