Pinned In-game text or translation errors

• Texts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In-game text or translation errors

Please post any ingame text or translation errors here.

Please refrain from posting unnecessary commentaries in this section, or it will only end up being removed.

Post ONLY the faulty text or wrong translation, and add your suggested correction(s) below it. If another player wishes to add further suggestions or corrections to the same text that has already been posted previously, then by all means, do so.

Thank you :)
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Text incorrect for sale of goods.

When I make a sale and deliver the goods, this is what I get:
      A-Polis 17.01.2011 23:49 Your trade fleet from A-Polis has arrived in Belize and has brought the following goods:
      • Sulphur: 36500 at a price per unit of:
      • Gold: 9

It should say:
      and has sold the following goods:

Thanks. :)

No change needed. ~ iots
      :) Everything is political. :cheers: :: Pan in Alpha, and Kappa
    • pillage screen,when you are selecting the units to pillage,theres two arrows,which put all unit,or remove them all,but when you pass the cursor over it says : "eingabe zurucksetzen" and "alles mitschicken" untranslated german...
      its could be written: "select all troops of this type" and "unselect all troops of this type" now is clear english.
      Fixed: "reset entry" and "send along everything"

Fixed
      ~iots

The post was edited 2 times, last by Contest.ORGaniser ().

• As requested, I'll post this here.
      The tutorial says a Town Hall up to Lv5, while it's only Lv4 (without ambrosia). This was taken without Ikariam Plus.

Reported. Thank you. ~iots.

Fixed 03/2011 Can build Town Hall to level 4 on Live Servers
    • Economic Future- Economy Our citizens live in wealth and the marketplace is spilling over with delicacies from all over the world! The streets are clean and developed, this way the building material reaches the building site quicker. Effect: +10 Satisfaction and +20 max citizen number in every town. Multiplied with the level of this research

I can't get the uploading to work on my comp but here is the wording for the economic future. From what i've heard over the last few days is that it only adds +10 satisfaction and +20 max citizens ever level. For me and most others it sounds like it should be multiplied by the level of the research. My suggestion is to get rid of the "Multiplied with the level of this research".

Reported. Thank you.
      ~iots

Fixed. - Effect: +10 satisfaction and +20 max. inhabitants in every town per level of this future research. ~ iots
    • kevin jan2 wrote:

Economic Future- Economy Our citizens live in wealth and the marketplace is spilling over with delicacies from all over the world! The streets are clean and developed, this way the building material reaches the building site quicker. Effect: +10 Satisfaction and +20 max citizen number in every town. Multiplied with the level of this research

I can't get the uploading to work on my comp but here is the wording for the economic future. From what i've heard over the last few days is that it only adds +10 satisfaction and +20 max citizens ever level. For me and most others it sounds like it should be multiplied by the level of the research. My suggestion is to get rid of the "Multiplied with the level of this research".
      My suggestion is to multiply with the levels.

lvl 2=+10/+20 from lvl 1 plus +20/+40 for lvl 2 etc

Unfortunately this is the contrary of what the research actually gives. Sorry.... :rolleyes: ~iots
    • Posting it here as it still hasn't been changed and bonus resources have been implemented for quite some time now...
      Page: Bonus Resources, Embassy (Leader)

Fix: Remove the line stating that "The distribution of those resources has not yet been implemented!"

The Prof 8-)

FIXED: The leader receives resources from the gods for every member of his alliance.
      Reported. Thank you ~iots 20/01/2011

FIXED
    • Gameforge Text Message Error

Not a game issue.
      Just to point out, when buying Ambrosia via SMS from the UK, the last message received is garbled.
      It says:
      "{global#productname:ikariam-c-curren20,lang=eng_UK} will be credited to your" .... (rest of text missing)

Thread moved to appropriate section.
      ~ iots
    • txt is missing the time setting

+100% The Padlock will protect a bigger part of your goods from being pillaged by enemies.
      +100% theft security for 7 for all goods on all islands. 14 Ambrosia is missing!
      Acquire now!
      Not active

+100% With your new steam driven Lift Truck your warehousemen will be able to manage storage space more efficiently, allowing you to store more goods.
      +100% storage capacity for 7 on all islands. 24 Ambrosia is missing!
      Acquire now!
      Not active

How long are these working. 7 secs,7 minutes, 7 hours, 7 day's, 7 weeks,7 months,7 years, or 7 centuries ??
      I presume it.s 7 days but the text days is missing from both ;

Reported. Thanks :) ~iots. 25/01/2011

FIXED accordingly for both:
      The padlock will protect more of your goods from being pillaged by enemies.
      +100% Theft security on goods for 7 days on all islands
      FIXED ~ 05/02/2011
    • trading post über fail

at the trading post its that the highest price for wood that you can put is 105,but you can put 3 digits numbers in trading post,it as supoused to say 99.

This thread is only for errors in in-game texts,
      Anyway, the bug you have described has already been reported.
    • Page: Trading Port
      Situation: troops being deployed to that town from another town
      When you move the cursor over the quantity of incoming ships, it shows the text 'Buying order'.

Fix: Change the text to 'Incoming troops' or a similar appropriate phrase.

The Prof 8-)

This has been removed in the new version. Instead what we have is seeing trade ships coming in <-- coming in to buy your resources in the trading post. And also the count down for the loading of the resources once the gold is paid.
    • "This account is banned for the time being! Please look for your name in the list below and if you have any questions contact your Game Operator with the link provided. Thank you."

When hovering over the icon of a banned player.
      Where is this mentioned link/list? :) And I believe banned players can't even see the Island View anymore, so is there any need to put it there?

Thank you for this report. However, this is insignificant, since those players will eventually become inactive, and that message will disappear; and it will be replaced by "This player is currently inactive". ~iots. 31/01/11
    • Translation error

General Data

Browser (FireFox / IE / Safari / ... + version): Chrome [latest version]
      Extensions: nil
      Did you try deleting the cache / cookies?: several times
      Page where you are experiencing the problem?: embassy
      When does it occur?: when i click to assign ranks

Account Data
      Your Account ID (from options>debug data): 5503
      Server: pi
      InGame Nick: mayank
      City ID (from Options > debug data): not required

Other Information:

Screenshot(mandatory):

Reported. ~iots 11/02/2011

Fixed ~ iots
    • Vacation Mode Grammar

A couple of small grammatical errors in the 'Activate Vacation Mode' text.

1 - Should be your, not you.
      2- Missing full stop.

Nothing big, but kind of sends a shiver down the spines of Grammar Police such as myself :dead: :loll:

Reported
      ~iots 20/03/11
      FIXED:
      You can activate vacation mode here. What this means is that your game account will not be deleted if you are inactive for too long and your cities will not be attacked during that time. Your workers and scientists will also be on holiday and will not be working. So that vacation mode is not taken advantage of, your holiday has to last for a minimum of 48 hours. You will not be able to play Ikariam during this time. After those two days, your holiday will automatically come to an end the next time you log in.

Fixed ; visible on next update ~28/03/2011
    • heres a spy report... should've been

The mission was not successful .Some of the spies involved have been caught

heres the pic:

FIXED: The mission was not successful. Some of the spies involved have been caught.

Reported
      ~iots 20/03/11
      Fixed; visible on next update ~28/03/11
    • In-Game Text / translation Error

General Data

Browser (FireFox / IE / Safari / ... + version): Various
      Extensions: None
      Did you try deleting the cache / cookies?: N/a

Account Data
      Your Account ID (from options>debug data): 418820
      Server: alpha
      InGame Nick: mARRinu666
      City ID (from Options > Game Options > Debugdata): 632307

Other Information:

Before I start :) apologies for the grammar policing :) If I read something wrong please tell me -- I can be a real dummy somtimes :thumbsup:
      Anyway;

Page where you are experiencing the problem?: Tavern Screen (building in town)
      You can determine exactly how much wine is served to your population. The more wine you provide, the happier your citizens will be. Attention: Your innkeeper demands an hour`s ration every time hour for himself.
      Should read "Your inkeeper demans an hour`s ration every time you change the amount of wine served to your population."
      As the original doesn't really make sense it seems to suggest if your serving 100 you must also give him 100 for a total of 200.
      FIXED: You can determine exactly how much wine is served to your population. The more wine you provide, the happier your citizens will be. Attention: Your innkeeper demands an hour`s ration every time you change the amount of wine served.

Page where you are experiencing the problem?: Warehouse Screen (building in town)
      Some of your supplies are protected from pillagers at the warehouse. It keeps rain, birds and other pests away. The warehouse keeper is also always well informed about your supplies. Expanding your warehouse allows you to protect more resources.
      Should read "Exapnding your warehouse allows you to protect and store more resources."
      Upgrading allows you to store and protect more, not just protect more.

FIXED: Some of your supplies are protected from pillagers at the warehouse. It keeps rain, birds and other pests away. The warehouse keeper is also always well informed about your supplies. Expanding your warehouse allows you to protect and store more resources.

Page where you are experiencing the problem?: Ikariam Help (Espionage)/b]
      To use a spy, you have to infiltrate the town first. Use the island map and select the town that you would like to find out more information about. In the left menu, the option to infiltrate the town will appear. The screen that will appear will allow you to determine how many spies should be able to start an attempt to get into the town and how many spies should travel along as `decoys`, to improve other people`s chances. The decoys will return to their town, providing they are not caught.
      Other peoples chances, like if me and my friend send spies at the send time? :ninja: Shouldnt it be something like "to improve the chances of your spies gaining successful entry" :)

FIXED: To use a spy, you have to infiltrate the town first. Use the island map and select the town that you would like to find out more information about. In the left menu, the option to infiltrate the town will appear. The screen that will appear will allow you to determine how many spies should be able to start an attempt to get into the town and how many spies should travel along as `decoys`, to improve the chances of your spies gaining successful entry. The decoys will return to their town, providing they are not caught.

Page where you are experiencing the problem?: All Miracle Screens

I probably don't need to explain this one; but this is not a browser-specific problem (This is the same on Firefox, my mobile-phone and chrome. The z-index is wrong)
      :thumbup:

Page where you are experiencing the problem?: Embassy: Edit Alliance, Distribute Posts
      Edit alliance
      The embassy is a busy place: Diplomats from all over the world negotiate contracts here, forge treaties and found alliances. In order to get a larger alliance you need to upgrade your embassy. Every level of your embassy increases your diplomacy points. From level 3 on you are able to found an alliance.

The title for the page changes but the text underneath continues describing the embassy and not your current action within the embassy. (Maybe this is right? Hehe :whistling: )

Reported ~ iots 31/03/2011

Fixed ~ iots