Pinned In-game text or translation errors

• Texts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bad English

Specific user information not needed for this report.

When troops and/or equipment have been moved from one town to another, the message in the Towns message area reads, "
      x units are being moved from Town1 to Town2". They are not being moved. They have already been moved. The correct phrasing is, "x units have been moved from Town1 to Town2". The current phrasing causes confusion until one realizes that it's a mistake.

Reported ~iots 06/04/2011
      Fixed ~ iots
    • text about events in the detailed crs concerning war ships being moved reads:

xxx war ships are being moved from PlayerName to DestinationTownName which is a bit strange.

Should probably be:

xxx war ships from PlayerName are moved to TownName or

PlayerName moved xxx war ships from OriginTownName to DestinationTownName

(I didn't check the text for land troops "being moved" to an occupied town, but I suspect the same error occurs)
    • This one will only last until Happy Hour is over, but still ...

Since Happy Hour started today, there's been a bit of java script rudely poking out on the bottom of the page when you click 'Show Town'.

Yes, I cleared my cache. It only appears on the bottom of Show Town view.

EDIT-
      Oh, and just a suggestion.
      When paying by card, it asks for "Valid Thru" ... which I know means "Valid Until". But I was just asked by a friend on Skype what the hell "Valid Thru" meant, so I had to explain to him.
      Could be easier if the correct grammar was used - Valid Until.
      :P

Ps- Thanks for the 30% extra ambro Happy Hour people ^^

Edit - Woops. Wrong Screenshot.
      Lolz >.>
      Edit again(x2) - Typos X(

If you look at credit card formulas, they DO actually write: valid thru; so it's not Gameforge to change that. ~iots.

Changed: Valid Until ~ iots

The post was edited 5 times, last by Scottster88 ().

• "One of our fleets ran into a blockade on its way back from Stadt to Town 1. The exhausted units had to scatter."

In this case, Stadt is not the actual name of the colony they came from, Stadt is in this case a colony that does not exist anymore, so in English is should be town or city.

Fixed ~ iots
    • Who dumped in the Depot?

Why the heck is it called a Dump when the research is for a Depot?

A Depot is a place for supplies, while a Dump is a place for garbage. At least that's common usage in American English; is it different for British English? Either way, it sounds like a mistake in translation to me.

Please change the name of the building to Depot. The Dump is attracting too many rats, seagulls, and stray dogs.

Fixed ~ iots
      "Must not all things, at the last, be swallowed up in death?"
      ― Plato

Message me on Beta: Thanatos
    • Scottster88 wrote:

Oh, and just a suggestion.
      When paying by card, it asks for "Valid Thru" ... which I know means "Valid Until". But I was just asked by a friend on Skype what the hell "Valid Thru" meant, so I had to explain to him.
      Could be easier if the correct grammar was used - Valid Until.

Scottster88 wrote:

If you look at credit card formulas, they DO actually write: valid thru; so it's not Gameforge to change that. ~iots.
      I think "valid thru" is (like the word "thru" itself) American English. As the "select country" menu at the top of this page says "United Kingdom", it should be "valid until" instead. Regardless of the circumstances, "valid until" should also be easier to understand for anyone who does not speak English fluently and "valid until" would never be incorrect (my spellchecker, for example, doesn't like "thru" very much).
    • Thanatos wrote:

Why the heck is it called a Dump when the research is for a Depot?

A Depot is a place for supplies, while a Dump is a place for garbage. At least that's common usage in American English; is it different for British English? Either way, it sounds like a mistake in translation to me.

Please change the name of the building to Depot. The Dump is attracting too many rats, seagulls, and stray dogs.

its just like my room, you can just throw stuff in a corner somewhere and pick it up when its needed.
      It does look messy (dump), but stuff is stored somewhere (depot) till its to be used.

Ares miracle:
      +1,000 morale per round for all armies stationed at your cities - even for enemy troops!
      I might not be paying attention, but doesnt this also work when you're attacking someone x.x

yes, I am aware of that. This is still under review. So, in the meantime, I won't ask for changes to the text, or the battlesystem; but to wait for a final decision from Gameforge side.

No change on the miracle text. ~iots
    • at help/ researches/ science/ letter chute ....next research should be state religion

Field of Research: Science
      Name: Letter Chute
      Description: A marvel: We can now shoot scrolls through pipes, so that they reach our scientists even faster! This saves us long errands and we have to pay less gold for our scientists! Effect: 3 Gold upkeep cost less per scientist
      Currently required research time: Research is already finished!
      Next research in this field: Pressure Chamber
      Requirement(s):

Bird`s Flight (Science)
      Counterweight (Seafaring)
      Helping hands (Economy)
      Pyrotechnics (Military)

Thank you. Reported~iots. Fixed
    • Ares miracle:
      +1,000 morale per round for all armies stationed at your cities - even for enemy troops!

Row is right about that one; the miracle gives morale to all players in any battle that you participate in not just the ones in your towns. It gives morale to all units including enemies, but also including allies I believe. Also the description should include Warships in there somewhere as well, since they too are given the bonus. Perhaps something like:

+1000 morale each round for all units in land or sea battles that you are participating in— even enemy units!

Ingame Rules | Board Rules | Open a Ticket

If you have an issue with my moderating, feel free to send a private message to me or to my supervisor, -Hera- .
    • Type of offer Amount Price Limits
      Building material Per Piece 3 - 8
      Wine Per Piece 4 - 10
      Marble Per Piece 3 - 3
      Crystal glass Per Piece 5 - 14
      Sulphur Per Piece 5 - 12

This is illogical!! How comes the price of buying and selling marble is 3? ?(

Note: This is in world Rho
    • Glenwing wrote:

Ares miracle:

Row is right about that one; the miracle gives morale to all players in any battle that you participate in not just the ones in your towns. It gives morale to all units including enemies, but also including allies I believe. Also the description should include Warships in there somewhere as well, since they too are given the bonus. Perhaps something like:

+1000 morale each round for all units in land or sea battles that you are participating in— even enemy units!

Iots knows about what it does, GF is now figuring out if they want to change the text, or the effect of the miracle.

*-*eagle*-* wrote:

Type of offer Amount Price Limits
      Building material Per Piece 3 - 8
      Wine Per Piece 4 - 10
      Marble Per Piece 3 - 3
      Crystal glass Per Piece 5 - 14
      Sulphur Per Piece 5 - 12

This is illogical!! How comes the price of buying and selling marble is 3? ?(

Note: This is in world Rho

that is not an ingame text (translation) error, its just due to trading posts.
    • And what to do? ?(
      I want to offer buying some marble, but definitely no one will sell me if the price is 3!! ;(
      So, any suggestions? 8|

This is Ingame text and translation errors. Please DO NOT post here for help and suggestions. ~iots.
    • If you raid someone with no army you get the message, 'The attackers won the battle because they penetrated the wall and because the defenders did not have any units on site to close the breach.'

It should be 'The attackers won the battle because they penetrated the wall and because the defenders did not have any units on site with which to close the breach.' (Bolding mine.)

You might also consider using 'hold the breach' instead of 'close the breach'.
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
    • Alliance embassy rank

Automatic promotion after xxxx amount of points gets turned into Beförderung > after you confirm.

Minor, but still a glitch.....

Subsequently Beförderung does mean promotion in German

FIXED ~iots
    • Incorrect grammar

Ikariam Plus dummy packages.
      Both British-English-wise and American-English-wise, incorrect grammar is used.

In English language rules, if a word ending with Y has a consonant before the letter Y, it becomes PLURAL (ends in ies).
      Therefore, "dummys" should be "dummies".

More examples:
      Plural of baby = babies
      Plural of puppy = puppies
      Plural of lilly = lillies

:P

Fixed ~ iots