Pinned In-game text or translation errors

• Texts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Scottster88 wrote:

Ikariam Plus dummy packages.
      Both British-English-wise and American-English-wise, incorrect grammar is used.

In English language rules, if a word ending with Y has a consonant before the letter Y, it becomes PLURAL (ends in ies).
      Therefore, "dummys" should be "dummies".

More examples:
      Plural of baby = babies
      Plural of puppy = puppies
      Plural of lilly = lillies

:P

In german is Dummies a word that means stupid
    • santos111 wrote:

In german is Dummies a word that means stupid

Same in English.
      And American.
      And Australian.
      And Canadian.
      It depends how the word is applied.

Dummies means:
      - Stupid/fool/dimwit/dunce
      - Mannequin/figurine/doll
      - Model of something
      - Pacifier for a baby
      - Fake/forgery/fraud

There's no word in the English dictionary that only has a single meaning or a single application :P
      (Except "dummys" doesn't exist in any English dictionary)
    • seems like a text error:
      when going to /index.php?view=informations&articleId=10052&mainId=10036 (The Naval Battlefield) at help and scrolling to 29+, it says there are 25 slots available for front lines and ranged.
      ship info at help says Ballista ship = size 2, Catapult Ship = size 3, Fire Ship= size 2.
      When sending navy to capture a port with a town size 30 and higher (tried multiple) i still get Ballista ship capped at 10 per slot, Catapult Ship capped at 6 per slot and Fire Ship capped at 10 per slot down in the battlefield preview.
      I havent actually sent these ships out, so not sure if its a display error at the "battlefield preview" or if the sizes in the help section are wrong (they seem right at all other townsizes, so i assume it's a preview error at 29+).
      ^ hope that makes sense 8o
    • row wrote:

seems like a text error:
      when going to /index.php?view=informations&articleId=10052&mainId=10036 (The Naval Battlefield) at help and scrolling to 29+, it says there are 25 slots available for front lines and ranged.
      ship info at help says Ballista ship = size 2, Catapult Ship = size 3, Fire Ship= size 2.
      When sending navy to capture a port with a town size 30 and higher (tried multiple) i still get Ballista ship capped at 10 per slot, Catapult Ship capped at 6 per slot and Fire Ship capped at 10 per slot down in the battlefield preview.
      I havent actually sent these ships out, so not sure if its a display error at the "battlefield preview" or if the sizes in the help section are wrong (they seem right at all other townsizes, so i assume it's a preview error at 29+).
      ^ hope that makes sense 8o

nvm, its about "port buildings" not town size
    • Hi,

row wrote:

I don't see a problem there... For my part, it seems that display and help are the same.

Is it town size or port size? Because battlefields for sea battle are defined by size of the highest level of one of the seawater buildings not by the size of townhall...

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
      - Nothing is impossible then keep the hope -

Join my fan club! Add this userbar in your signature - Thanks SoKaO
    • Trading port

The port is your gateway to the world. You can hire merchant ships and get them ready for long journeys here. You can also receive precious goods from far away places. Larger ports can load ships faster. You can build another port that increases your loading time as soon as you have researched the Dry-Dock.

It should be "decreases your loading time"

Regards,

Ter
      (ign Shagre)
    • Logged into an old account just to test something. Given my time away from the server, the account was ghosted. Fair enough.
      The problem is the message when returning to the account. I got taken to a blank white page and given a message in German, as the image shows (click to enlarge).
      Domain: .org.
      Server: Alpha.

FIXED ~iots
    • The Ikariam six day event mentions at the end:

"• From the fifth day the building speed of all buildings will be reduced by 30%."

It should be:

... the building speed will increase by 30%
      or
      ... the building time will be reduced by 30%

Thank you and regards,

Ter

Reported

Fixed
      ~ iots
    • Ter wrote:

The Ikariam six day event mentions at the end:

"• From the fifth day the building speed of all buildings will be reduced by 30%."

It should be:

... the building speed will increase by 30%
      or
      ... the building time will be reduced by 30%

Thank you and regards,

Ter
      i don't think that is a bug :huh:
    • Governor's Residence: You have to expand your governor's residence by another 1 Levels in order to move your capital here.

Should read "1 level" not levels.

No change ~iots
    • For the "• From the fifth day the building speed of all buildings will be reduced by 30%." , won't be fixed for this time, but the future ones.

For the "Governor's Residence: You have to expand your governor's residence by another 1 Levels in order to move your capital here.", won't be fixed at all. Unfortunately, that is the text used for 'all' purposes, in other words, it will be used in 'plural' form for all cases, for example, another 2 Levels, or another 3 Levels.
      You can see the same usage in town news, for example when you send out 1 units or 1 fleets
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • I saw a post of this from last year around summer. Whenever war ships or war units are stationed from town to town the game says:"157 units are being moved from X to Y" when it should say "157 units have been moved from X to Y".

Fixed
    • Town Hall
      Under abandon colony, it says:
      "Abandon colony

You can give up your colony. However, all resources, citizens and units will be lost."
      Fixed ~ iots

There should be a comma after citizens.
      Sea Battle CRs
      "vanSnoop's army has been called back and have left the battlefield."

It really ought to say "navy" rather than "army".

No change ~iots

Governor's Residence
      "A governor in your colony guarantees, that all the daily administrative tasks are done properly. He also lowers the level of corruption in your colony. The governor`s residence can also be upgraded to a palace if you ever want to move your capital."

The random comma can be removed from the first sentence, as well as the repetitive sounding second "also" in the last sentence.

Fixed ~iots

Palace
      When using Theocracy, the description says: "Theocracy is a government ruled by clergy."

It should either say "the clergy" or "clergymen" as clergy is an organization not a type of person. It's kind of equivalent to saying something is controlled by army, when it should either be "the army" or "soldiers".

Fixed ~iots

Forms of Government
      There are several here. First, at the top it is talking about Anarchy: "This will last for a certain time (30m times the number of towns that you own)." It can just say "Anarchy will last for 30 minutes times the number of towns you own."
      No change

Under the advantages/disadvantages for several governments, "land fight units" and "sea fight units" are a really awkward translation of troops and ships, I'd much rather it say "ground troops" and "warships".
      Changed: land units, navy units ~iots

The description of Aristocracy: "Aristocracy is a government ruled by nobility, so an elite group." just doesn't sound very professional, it should say something more like "Aristocracy is a government ruled by the elite noble families."
      Changed ~iots

The description for Dictatorship: "Dictatorship is the leadership of a commander, so an individual person." has the same issue, it should say something more like "Dictatorship is a government ruled by a single military commander."
      Changed ~iots

The description for Oligarchy: "Oligarchy is a form of government in which a minority rules, in Ikariam these are the rich merchant families."
      "minority" is probably not the best translation since it implies a lack of power or control, "...a form of government in which power rests with a small number of people. in Ikariam, these are..." would be better. Note the separate sentences rather than a run-on with a comma, and the added comma after "Ikariam".
      Changed ~iots

Also under Aristocracy: "-20% Building time for buildings" sounds kind of awkward, "-20% Building construction time" would be better. Same thing also under the disadvantages for Oligarchy (with +20%) ~ Changed

Under Democracy: "+1 Research points per hour for each issued cultural goods treaty" Should say Point (singular) and putting "issued" at the end of the sentence would be better phrasing. ~ Changed

Under Dictatorship and Oligarchy: "+2 additional merchant ships" Additional should be capitalized, to be consistent with all the other things listed on the page
      Under Technocracy: "+20% Unskilled labourers productivity" Since helping hands workers are never referred to as "Unskilled Laborers" anywhere else, it is confusing and should be changed to "helping hands workers" or something like that that can be linked to the research somehow. Also, "+1 Gold costs per scientist" can just be changed to "+1 Upkeep per scientist". In addition, "+5% Research points" should add "per hour".
      ~ No change for unskilled labourers productivity.
      ~ Change for upkeep and per hour

Under Oligarchy: "+5 Range of all trading posts" ought to say "to" rather than "of" ~ No change

Change form of Government confirmation
      "This will cause anarchy in the next 4.5 hours." should say "for the next 4.5 hours". Changed Also it would be nice it if listed it as 4 hours and 30 minutes rather than as a decimal hour. Not troublesome or anything, just looks neater that way. ~ No change

Ingame Rules | Board Rules | Open a Ticket

If you have an issue with my moderating, feel free to send a private message to me or to my supervisor, -Hera- .

The post was edited 2 times, last by iots: added 'fixed' statements ().