Pinned In-game text or translation errors

• Texts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Now that Gender is a selectable option in the... options... I think it should be possible now to fix the wrong gender in the automated text in messages with treaties/friend requests etc. For example in accepting friend requests the message reads "enclosed he has sent you the following message" even if that person is female (and it shows in the friends list). No change ~iots

Ingame Rules | Board Rules | Open a Ticket

If you have an issue with my moderating, feel free to send a private message to me or to my supervisor, -Hera- .
    • when buying goods (picking them up from vendors) at the trading post it says "Potential total income".
      income would imply i'm gaining gold, not spending it. It should probably be something like "Potential total costs".

Fixed ~ iots.
    • Punctuation errors in Hideout text.

A very minor issue!

In the Hideout it says:

This citizen is loyal and discreet. An ideal candidate for a spy. You can train 32 Training time for a spy :

You need a full stop after the 32, and there should be no space before the colon. So it should read

This citizen is loyal and discreet. An ideal candidate for a spy. You can train 32. Training time for a spy:

A bug. Reported. ~ iots

Fixed ~ iots
      Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
      Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
    • I deployed troops to the city of an alliance-mate, and started pillaging from there.

I got the following message in "town news": "Your fleet has returned to Fallen In War from pillaging Dragonstone and has brought with it:"

Note "Dragonstone" is the town of my alliance-mate and not the town of the person I pillaged. The message implies I pillaged my alliance-mate which is not the case.

I suggest, if possible, to change the text to "Your fleet has returned to [my town] from pillaging [target of pillage] and has brought with it:"

Fixed
      ~ iots

• Went back as far as I could and only when I get research points from Kratos (I have 12 friends) it shows the longer message. The only difference with the other players is that Kratos is my alliance leader (while the others are both members and non-members). Below some more, I ran across over 20 of these messages of which 2 from Kratos with the additional text.

~ Bug due to 0.4.5. Version 0.4.5 removed. ~ iots

The post was edited 2 times, last by DocA ().

• Signup Email:

Hallo Capital Idea,

You have decided to create an island empire on the Ikariam-World Beta!

Please click on the following link in order to confirm your player's account:

German "Hallo" should be "Hello" :)

Hallo! :D
      Reported... and also for "Your citizens are missing you" mail notification
      ~iots

Fixed ~ iots
    • I just started getting this message (below).

UNKNOWN LOCA FUNCTION: txtMsgCityOwnFleetUnloadAdvisor

It appears just about everywhere. In my Town log, when I click to upgrade a building and other places such as the overviews. Not sure whats going on, but i'd really like to know. I love this game, i'm sure it will be fixed. Thanks and cheers!

I play on the Lambda server.

The post was edited 1 time, last by the demon ().

• I am also getting the error on the US servers but not the test server. Affecting both my PC and MY IPAD. I have reported it to Game Forge

the demon wrote:

I just started getting this message (below).

UNKNOWN LOCA FUNCTION: txtMsgCityOwnFleetUnloadAdvisor

It appears just about everywhere. In my Town log, when I click to upgrade a building and other places such as the overviews. Not sure whats going on, but i'd really like to know. I love this game, i'm sure it will be fixed. Thanks and cheers!

I play on the Lambda server.
    • I received this message:

"Defeat! Your pirates have been pushed back in their attempt to raid the Pirate Fortress belonging to XXX in XXX. You were unable to loot neither capture points nor gold, as the enemy Pirate Fortress' crew was too strong. Your pirates are on their way home."

At first I thought "What? Can you raid for gold now?". But you still can't. So it makes no sense that gold is mentioned in that message. It should be "You were unable to loot any capture points, ..."

• Those numbers are based on the size of the units :)

Take your example of "30" artillery. Now, go to "Units" in Help, take ram as an example (same for mortars or catapults):
      board.en.ikariam.gameforge.com…5f09f5c453d5c28d3dabb400d

There you can see that the 'size: 5'.
      30 divide by 5 = 6 units of artillery which can fill that slot.

Back to your battlefield 17+ the frontline says "40". Now look back into "Units" in Help, the hops size is 1, and the giant size is 3.
      So, 40 divide by 1 = 40 hops max can fill up a slot.
      40 divide by 3 = 13.333 giants = 13 giants to fill up a slot.

For a battlefield > 25+
      The frontline says "50", meaning a slot can hold 50 hops or (16.666) 16 giants max.
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Something that has been bugging me for a while now:
      When I send troops, fleets, or merchant ships somewhere and they're on their way over there or back it shows "en route" and I'm pretty sure it's not English.
      NOBODY WANTS TO LARP WITH ME
      *cries*