Corrupt a wish

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• omg I just love it! I laughed so hard...I cried a little.

A snake bounty hunter as a retirement plan.....I wonder if they have well fed snakes in Florida.....perhaps its for cheaper funeral arrangements?! LOL

ok...ok...wish granted...you are the worlds most knowledgeable human on the breeding habits of the Burmese Python....however this comes with a hefty side effect...you now sound like Crocodile Dundee....and you have to wear the hat.

BA II Plus has never led me astray...and using the second function button allows me to access it's spread sheets formulas...it's awesome. I will have to write a math equation that when it is solved will make my choice clear. The zombie apocalypse sounds fun.....
      I wish I had a 5 year plan....my Business Success teacher wants me to have one.
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • Granted. Essay writing becomes super-easy for you. It becomes all you do. You begin failing almost all of your classes, as the only work you do is writing essays. Not much use for them in Chemistry lab or Data Structures and Algorithms.

I wish I'd go ahead and order some more LEGO Pirate parts ...

Granted. Your Five-Year Plan consists of the following entries somewhat like the following for the next 5 years: "Make a 5 year plan." Except as time goes by, they change to "Make a 4 year plan", "Make a 3 year plan", ....

Actually, I think it's not that difficult to develop a 5-Year Plan. Decide on the broad categories you want to plan for: Personal, Social, Work, Civic, whatever. Then think about the end state, and develop a planned sequence of steps in as much detail as you choose to get to that state. Having problems determining how to get there? Then think about the state before the end state, and plan for that.

Now, may I introduce you to recursion? Repeat that process for the state before the state until you know your very next state/step. At that point, you can stop because your plan is now complete.

Be flexible, and allow for changes. Don't be to rigid in making plans, unless some steps are time-bound. For instance, if you want to run for Town Council, you'll have to have your name on the ballot, so you'd have to meet the requirements by the filing date. My guess is that you can locate a quantity of online resources. The library may have books on the subject you could check out.

Helen357 wrote:

...you now sound like Crocodile Dundee....and you have to wear the hat.
      Cool! I expect to have the knife too. I do like a knife ...

The post was edited 2 times, last by nemenku ().

• Granted. You order more LEGO pirates. But then you build the sets amd realize something's just missing. So you order more sets to fill the hole. At which point you realize that there's a new imbalance, so you must order more. But then another gap appears, so on and so forth. By the of it all, the LEGOS have pirated away all of your money.

There's an essay for the honors college and one of the questions is what I expect from the honors college. I wish I could think of something else to answer that question besides the sarcastic answer of "women" or overly practical answer of "money."

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
      :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
    • Granted. You complete a long essay on the Honors you expect from being accepted into the honors college: a wait staff to bring you breakfast in bed and scrub your back, a palanquin and bearers to carry you to and fro, all of your classmates rise and shout "Huzzah" as you enter rooms, automatic pass "with Honors" in every class. Your essay is rejected, with wild hoots of derision.

More seriously, you are a multifaceted person. Why do you think you can't provide a multifaceted answer? Some things which come to mind include Knowledge, Challenge, Service, Opportunity, Tradition. In the end, you'll get out of the honors college what you put in. It's a program that others have contributed to with thought, time, effort, and money to make it what it is. You have the rest of your life to internalize and apply the lessons and knowledge you obtain. And, you can plan to continuously give back once you graduate, where ever you are and whatever you do.
    • Palanquins don't sound too bad.

The main reason I had a tough time trying to figure it out was that in all honesty, I don't know much about what an Honors College is aside from some of the basics, such as honors classes and more scholarship opportunities. Add in that I find it hard to talk about myself and put forth my achievements or I don't realize that something I do actually is special. (This comes off more in regards to things where I think something is basic knowledge and it turns out not to be.) In the end I was able to come up with something so I'm hoping for the best.

I wish for chocolate ice cream.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Granted. You get mounds of choclateto eat, but right before you start eating, you're magically turned into a dog. And chocolate is deadly to dogs.

I had a dream last night that involved coding. I'm pretty the coding was nonsense, but I'm not 100% sure. So I wish that I could remember the details from last night's dream so I could know for sure whether the ideas were nonsense or brilliance.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• You
      Corrupted
      A Chocolate Wish.........................You are a barbarian!!! I will never forgive you.........unless you give me a chocolate bar. Then I forgive you until it is gone.

Wish granted. Your sense of reality blurs as your mind recalls your dream with perfect clarity, making you realize that it was indeed pure brilliance......unfortunately.........you are now unable to leave dream land, and your amazing coding will remain a mystery to the rest of us.

I wish for a drink that tastes like B52 but with half the alcohol.
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • I'd take that. My dreams can be decent.

Wish granted. You now have a drink with half the alcohol that also tastes like B52. Why you want it to taste like a World War II bomber, I don't know.

I wish that biking in the cold wasn't so cold.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• A B52 is a shot made of
      1⁄3 oz Coffee liqueur Try it with Kahlúa
      1⁄3 oz Baileys Irish cream liqueur
      1⁄3 oz Grand Marnier liqueur

As I am a coffee lover.....this is tasty. Our of curiosity is it snowing yet where you are? I got snow..and have this image of you riding around on your bike in crocks....

Wish granted. Your bike now comes with an electric heater, and walls, doors and top to keep the heat in...it is called a car. But not just any car, it is a PodRide which I think would appeal to you......but it's not available yet....(that is the corrupt part)

I wish my Marketing Term Test and Math Term Test both of which I wrote today decided to fight to the death, gladiator style.
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • I wouldn't be able to drive it anyways as I don't have a license.

It snowed a few days ago, but it's melted.

Wish granted. One of them wins the fights, gains popularity, usurps the emperor, and has five test children who you now have to take in addition to the original.

I wish I could get this hard piece from popcorn out of my teeth.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Was it the math test that won? I would rather take 5 little math tests....

Wish granted......using a sophisticated device known as a toothbrush, this highly specialized instrument helps remove stubborn stuck between the teeth food particles. Unfortunately you ran out of toothpaste.

I wish I had more time between my last term tests...and my Final Exams...which are coming in 5 weeks.
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • For the article you wrote?

I would say that you have an amazing writing talent, and that I am sure if you applied yourself half as much to it as you did to the Ikariam story then you are a top 5 contender. If you included chocolate....then top 2 ;)

Your wish is granted, you are no longer in suspense, you are now impatient. :P

I wish my voice would come back.
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • Granted. Your voice comes back. The downside? It's not high and squeaky interlaced with sudden baritones.

Now that I'm impatient, I wish for buttered popcorn. Now!

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• ...I think you meant my voice now sounds like a boy going through puberty lol

Granted you now have week old buttered popcorn.

I wish that the snow melts tomorrow........I am not ready for snowball fights yet!
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • Wish granted. It melts. And it melts. And it melts. And it melts. Your streets are now flooded. I hope you have a wetsuit to go to school in.

I wish that I'll get an A on the test I took earlier today. It felt good, but I'll wish for it to be good too.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Granted you are going to get a good mark on it..which will lead you to become overconfident and get a very poor mark of the next one.

The snow did not melt....everything is white. Let me try the opposite...I wish that the snow stay and not melt.
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • Granted. It stays and it stays. Summer comes on it doesn't melt. You get blizzards and it doesn't melt. Eventually your country get covered in snow forevermore with you trapped under,death in a dying civilization.

I wish for the popcorn to taste good.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote: