Seafaring Future Modification

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Seafaring Future Modification

A problem most players are facing, is slow speed of their naval fleet. Its becoming increasingly tiresome to have a good fleet, but unable to use it on time.

Due to this, I suggest a slight modification in the seafaring futures.

"With every seafaring future-level, the speed of the fleet must be increased by 5%
    That way, once a player is done with the seafaring future (lv 10), the speed of his/her fleet would be up by 50%"

This would not only enhance one's battle skills, but also encourage players to continue researches, which would lead to more points, thus more competition in that server.

NOTE:
    This modification should be done only for the fleets, as the troops are fast enough.

0027806, 0027221
  • Modification of Seafaring Future

A problem most players are facing, is slow
    speed of their naval fleet
    . Its becoming increasingly tiresome to have a
    good fleet, but unable to use it on time.

Due to this, I suggest a slight modification in the seafaring futures.

"With every seafaring future-level, the speed of the fleet must be
    increased by 5%

That way, once a player is done with the seafaring future (lv 10), the speed
    of his/her fleet would be up by 50%"

This would not only enhance one's battle skills, but also encourage players to
    continue researches, which would lead to more points, thus more competition in
    that server.

NOTE:

This modification should be done only for the fleets, as the troops are fast
    enough.
  • Approved, this effect be put in place instead of the 2% reduction for ship costs right?

Also it takes time to go through the suggestions in this section if you are worried we have forgotten about a suggestion please PM one of the mods of the section instead of remaking the thread.

~Smity
    |BOARD RULES|GAME RULES|SUPPORT|

Sig made by a friend
  • I think this is an excellent idea, especially if coupled with the existing reduction in cost rather than a replace for. But if it came down to a choice, I'd prefer the speed increase over the cost reduction
  • very good idea
    I think both Trade and Navel ships must become fast

we have to log in many times just to transfer goods

and if you found a colony just 25% far to your other colonies
    you have to travel a whole day just for supply

It affects long distance trade, Troops travel time as well as Troops supply cost too :thumbsup: :thumbup:

special
  • Its my request for those not liking this idea, please give a reason, instead voting a NO.
    I am quite keen on this idea,being implemented as it will surely do a lot good to players
  • Yes, but miracles have a 1 day cooldown time,,and moreover one cant use the miracle more than once in the specified time. By completing the seafaring FUTURE research, one can get the benefit of using his warships and cargo ships at a faster rate, innumerable times.
    At present, the seafaring future has no real benefit except for 2% cost-reduction.
    Thus, the speed can also can be changed in the process!
  • Just FYI : The Poseidon can be used as often as you are able to in the 4 hr span. Start loading your biggest fleet and trigger it just before they finish loading for the best use of time. It will work in conjunction with a Hermes too. And ups the base speed for the Triton engines. ( at least it did for me a few hours ago ).

Back on subject : 5% increase might be too high. Already lvl 43 gives free upkeep. This would be 230% increase on the base speed. 460% with Poseidon. 300% on that with Triton engines : 1380% . Already I can get between 2 islands 44mins apart quicker than I can get between 2 colonies on the same island : Posideonn : 22min . Triton maxed : 8min.
    With this implemented I'd be flying .
    Which would be kind of fun . But perhaps a little unbalanced ?
    But a smaller speed increase would be nice.