Wars in Gamma

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Wars in Gamma

    just an observation on gamma wars......maybe some others can explain why this happens?

    1) why does everyone take wars so personal? its a game, its fake, its not REAL!?!?
    2) why are there no 'real' end terms to any wars in gamma? they just exist, and are, w no 'real' purpose?
    3) why do QED always have a loophole in their terms, where they can win via the terms? not actually fighting for the win? (seems anyone can just make up stuff)
    4) this one i find most interesting............why is it that Belial and IMC ALWAYS come up in almost ALL wars in gamma? i think he has been banned from the boards for some time ?( but i always read his name and IMCs (which is no longer around)? for a player that 'noone likes'...'noone wants to play w/' he sure does get alot of press? :tumble: ..im not saying, im just saying :busted:
    5) why cant any so called 'warrior' alliance not fight alone? they always have help from one source or another.....via garrisons or flat out attacks from others not involved in the war to begin w? then when war is declared all i read is cryng and complaining, that this player get attacked they are weak, why did you do that? huh......since ppl in gamma thinks it RL, ill go w this......in a Real Wars you always hit the weak ones, how stupid do you have to be to go hit the top guys first?

    any comments on why things are this way in gamma, and not in other servers? to me gamma players arent that good at fighting so they use other methods to look good (mainly talking them selves up, and putting others down)......once again its just a game, who are you trying to impress? hence a reason i quit gamma.....

    any and all comment are welcome.

    Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..


    Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

    Board Rules | Support
  • I've noticed that there are no gooed ending terms either. The terms for ending the war are none of the ones that are supposed to be listed. And i do notice alot of people taking things personal here. And they mention IMC so much because we were the best alliance to ever be on this server da.
  • The boards of Gamma are kind of boring without the Sic one. That makes the in game play pretty boring. A few things I noticed while I came back here post-IMC:

    Nobody knows how to war. It's supposed to be about honour and the glory of one alliance against the glory of another alliance. It's like nobody there takes pride in their alliances, and really why would you, they're lame. The so called warrior alliances seem to think that wars are to be fought on the boards and they are won by outlasting the other alliance in rhetoric. Lame.

    It's impossible not to mention IMC. When everyone seemed to think they could get around without a navy because occupation and garrison rights came about, we ruled the seas. When the battle system came out, we were waving our troops before anyone caught on. When the miracles were revised, we had colossus and Hep before anyone else built a temple. We were the military minded players in this world, and without IMC (that is IMC, not DARK with no room for poopsplat), without the Sic one having his board account reinstated, Gamma will fail to hold my interest.
  • this is my version

    1. IMC is always talk becoz they are always a good example of prevuis mistakes..and LURE strategey
    2. ending terms not that important in gamma its bcoz its gamma's way...why compare this server to others..this is how gamma world runs and thats how other servers run..so means GAMMA is unique
    3. diplos in gamma have a bigger rule rather than the general...see QED vs LAW......QED has good diplomatic relation...in REAL WARS....ITS EITHER YOUR SIDE OR HIS SIDE...no need for any honor on 1VS1 alliance whats the poit of INFLUENCE...
    4... TRUE its a game..thats why i play it hehehe

    5... have a nice day
  • When I first got my account on Beta and I saw all the military treaties alliances had, I thought "This is reaaaaally stupid" and I still think that all the treaties are stupid
  • 1.) People take any thing that is or can be competitive personal. That's pretty much how humans seen to work.

    2.) There are no real ending terms because people either want the war to last a specific length or they just don't really want it to end. In the second case the war just keeps going until people get bored and stop posting and the mods close it.

    3.) I have no real opinion on QED's terms, QED's and everyone's terms suit their own purpose that is one of the reasons Alliances fight to declare on a war first.

    4.) Belial has been banned from the boards and the boards are much quieter this is true. IMC is mentioned in many wars for numerous reasons. One is because Belial, and the alliance as a whole, loved to fight so he would promote the alliance in his own way (which worked since everyone knew IMC). Another is simply the shear number of wars that IMC were in or somehow took apart of. IMC for being a small alliance did have a number of strong fighters which no matter what your opinion of them as an alliance those who have fought them or are friends of them must admit. Unless someone was apart of IMC they shouldn't pretend to know why they did anything nor should they think they knew how they operated. IMC has broken up but some of the players are still around.

    5.)"Warriors" use brute strength, power, tactics, and knowledge of their enemies to defeat them. A Warrior must have the courage to attack ones more powerful then themselves and may be ruthless enough to Being a warrior does not necessarily mean they must fight on their own. Yes they must be powerful but fighting and winning a war also require tactics and using one's head to out maneuver one's enemy.

    "A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions.

    ~ Carlos Castaneda Quotes from Journey to Ixtlan"
  • Pancakes wrote:

    When I first got my account on Beta and I saw all the military treaties alliances had, I thought "This is reaaaaally stupid" and I still think that all the treaties are stupid



    Gotta agree with you, where's the fun if you're allied with all the competition.

    If you think all the treaties are stupid, you should probably find an alliance without all those treaties.
  • Wicked_One wrote:

    Pancakes wrote:

    When I first got my account on Beta Gamma and I saw all the military treaties alliances had, I thought "This is reaaaaally stupid" and I still think that all the treaties are stupid



    Gotta agree with you, where's the fun if you're allied with all the competition.

    If you think all the treaties are stupid, you should probably find an alliance without all those treaties.


    Small correction, I meant Gamma not Beta :P
  • Interesting post Hera

    Hmm how should I respond. As a former member of IMC and you know as well Hera, IMC's wars got very personal. Which um kinda led to the Sic One being banned. I think IMC is still mentioned because it was an old family that is lost now and yes it was a true warrior alliance which sputtered out after a year, and mostly you keep bringing it up(not being negative, so did I a while back). Real reason IMC died...membership dried out, players got banned, people stopped being as active. So lets go over some of the list.
    Belial-Dark
    Rommel-QED
    Kinda Scary-Inactive/gone
    Hera-?(changed name) idk where you went im guessing RUN?
    Tim-in Iota now
    Riyuu-DARK but not fighting
    Gussug-gone from Ikariam
    BenD-gone
    Slash-?gone
    Sonata Artica- DARK
    Kinda Jan2- good (on a personal quest)
    Many others who are now gone from the game, in a diverse amount of alliances

    As to your question about QED's terms, lets review them.
    1) RUN drops its declaration of war against EG and ceases all attacks;

    OR

    2) EG asks us to withdraw from this war. We fully intend to fight this war until the end, but will certainly respect the wishes of our allies in this dispute, and will defer to their efforts in the realm of diplomacy. We stand ready to fight for as long as EG welcomes us.

    WHERE is the place that QED "wins"
    And really lets be honest the only way you win besides set damage terms in crs is through what happend with QED vs LAW and I thats not the strategy in this war for either side.

    And why is QED fighting with EG its because EG helped out QED against LAW and EG has several former members in QED. Now perhaps in the future it would be wise for RUN to arrange a 1v1 and clear it before hand with everyone if they were shocked by these terms of events. Then they would have to talk to Fayth. And lets be honest here. QED is at over 200+ mill points. Over twice any other alliance. The time of LAW where power was maintained only through negoitation and diplomacy is over. QED is the new one on top and this war is like George Washington riding out to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. :) historical reference.

    Anyway hoped this cleared things up.

    And seriously God of War, the South will never rise up again and neither will IMC, its been tried you were there, it wasn't just because we or rather I because I accept blame allied up with those kids by mistake.
  • QED Soldier wrote:




    And why is QED fighting with EG its because EG helped out QED against LAW and EG has several former members in QED. Now perhaps in the future it would be wise for RUN to arrange a 1v1 and clear it before hand with everyone if they were shocked by these terms of events. Then they would have to talk to Fayth. And lets be honest here. QED is at over 200+ mill points. Over twice any other alliance. The time of LAW where power was maintained only through negoitation and diplomacy is over. QED is the new one on top and this war is like George Washington riding out to put down the Whiskey Rebellion. :) historical reference.



    Well Rommel, I'd like to ask your permission so I can have a 1v1 against my toilet. I'd also like to arrange a 1v1 between my hand the toilet paper. And then after that, if you may give me permission to arrange a 2v1 against my ass I'd really appreciate it. Please respond asap because I really need to go potty.

    Seriously, since when do people need to ask permission to go to war? Oh, that's right, since QED got to #1 it's the new server policy. I do apologize puppet, I had no idea we had to fall in line like you.



    @ Pankcakes, whether it's Gamma or Beta, if you don't like all the treaties then why don't you find an alliance that doesn't have them? For people who say they like to fight it makes no sense to be in an alliance with a bunch of treaties.
  • QED Soldier wrote:

    Hmm how should I respond. As a former member of IMC and you know as well Hera, IMC's wars got very personal. Which um kinda led to the Sic One being banned. I think IMC is still mentioned because it was an old family that is lost now and yes it was a true warrior alliance which sputtered out after a year, and mostly you keep bringing it up(not being negative, so did I a while back).


    Hmmm I find your reply rather interesting Rommel, To say I always bring IMC up is so not true, I have left Gamma yet I still come and see what is happening via the board....and with no surprise I see IMC and Belials name still in lights, and like you say Belial has been banned from the board for sometime, infact i still remember my time in KLICK and Yet Belials name would appear as well as IMC, I myself was being asked by players if i was in IMC, or I was being told I was hiding the fact i was in IMC (which I never have)..you may need to take a visit to the archive to read those posts and then please sate accurate facts (you know me Rommel I am always honest and I only like to read honest comments...always have been that way and I always will be)...and to see the names again is One reason that made me post my comment in the current war threads....(you may need to re read what I posted there too)

    ALSO Not only wars held with IMC got personal, many other wars that happen in Gamma have been personal. and by personal I mean insults and name calling and put downs all types of bullying, Yet with nearly every post of a selected few who insult someone I never see them post a CR to back up what they are saying...instead you may get the comment "Oh we dont post CR's on the board".

    In all seriousness....then what do you think the board is for? and come to think of it the players *coughs Zig, Belial, Loknar and I am sure there are others * who would back up their word are now banned from the board, hence they cant post their CR's with the awesome damage they may have done..not unless their opponnent posts it and we all know only the finest warriors dont post a looseing battle especially if they lost by a huge amount.... (now that last comment is not aimed just at you Rommel that is aimed in general)....take a trip to other servers and you will see threads with comments and the player showing what they are doing....proving a point...having battles and Yet no NAME calling or put downs are applied to any person directly.

    QED Soldier wrote:

    Real reason IMC died...membership dried out, players got banned, people stopped being as active. So lets go over some of the list.
    Belial-Dark
    Rommel-QED
    Kinda Scary-Inactive/gone
    Hera-changed name) idk where you went im guessing RUN?
    Tim-in Iota now
    Riyuu-DARK but not fighting
    Gussug-gone from Ikariam
    BenD-gone
    Slash-?gone
    Sonata Artica- DARK
    Kinda Jan2- good (on a personal quest)
    Many others who are now gone from the game, in a diverse amount of alliances



    as I said I have now left the Gamma server as for the others I have no idea and i will not speak for them as i do not know their reasons and i will not try to assume anything.

    QED Soldier wrote:

    As to your question about QED's terms, lets review them.
    1) RUN drops its declaration of war against EG and ceases all attacks;


    Again Rommel it was a question in General. (all past and present wars) not just QED's terms with RUN Vs EG, but with others...I understand that they needed to declare on the board that they are here to defend EG, thats what a MDP means. ( At least they are catching on to the meanigs of such treaties :gj: )

    As for the part that alliances need to arrange permission to go a ONE Vs ONE war....

    Why is it so hard for the alliance who has a MDP (lets say QED) with the alliance (*EG -New) that has been declared war upon (via board) to go VIA GAME and speak to the Diplomat/Leader of that alliance and see if they need help? Not run to the board and declare war and then asks questions later? mmmm are they strong allies? i mean seriously its RUN for crying out loud....ONE alliance half their size.... Again it was the same situation with the *Eg-Old Vs IMC and Karma - no arrangements between the two alliances were made, so it wasnt a fair war from the word go (which someone -Riddler tried saying was all arranged before declareing)

    NOTE:
    *EG -Old - Original EG is no longer around because USMC_Lonewolf leader and founder of EG went inactive....not long after all the wars with IMC which I may add...which therefore created EG-New

    *EG-New = is EG2 Wing alliance to EG-Old with a name change and a few old members from EG went to EG2 Hence they dropped the 2 from their name and are now going under the name "EG"......so in short EG is an alliance made up of Wing members.

    QED Soldier wrote:

    And seriously God of War, the South will never rise up again and neither will IMC, its been tried you were there, it wasn't just because we or rather I because I accept blame allied up with those kids by mistake.



    Yes it was tried...and yes it did fail, poor choices on whom you declared on the board with ....and it maybe failed because Belial wasnt there ?(

    Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..


    Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

    Board Rules | Support
  • Good observation on EG-old =EG -new

    but let me clear things, what Riddlier said was that EG-old, USC_MC told us about the friendly war, it was arrange, and IMC said it was not ( but we cannot argue on this since both USC_MC and Belial would Tell other things) during this time our diplomat Caddy was not that active and got deleted right before EG-old should move out to EG-new but he made sure that the treaties we hold to QED,CER,CKA, be hold up...at least i knew this thing before taking up the position

    YES EG2=EG-new..but its not true that EG-new are the wing members actually during the merge or the transfer EG2 members were only 10 or 15 so most of EG-new today are composed of the old EG..which is composed of ME, Riddler you name...Crashanburn is the leader of EG2 and is of close rank of USC_MC and Caddy....

    EG old/new never declared that we are a WAR alliance.....we use our treaties and honor them as our predeccesor have done, that is why EG wars are always involve by other alliances..and when our allies we also got involved..during the Time the EG old is...communication between diplomat was not that effective that is why declaration's came late but with me today..ill try my best no to do same mistake

    hehehe..have a nice day
  • Well Hello Vladz.... how are you today?

    vladz18 wrote:

    Good observation on EG-old =EG -new

    Yes I will admit I do have a good a observation on some things with EG :)... I also remember the time Myself and another IMC member occupied USMC's town and the brilliant PM I received too...lol....such a nice way to congratulate a player on something that was so nicely done, I even posted the CR before all of our troops had left the island....lmao....*sighs*

    vladz18 wrote:

    but let me clear things, what Riddlier said was that EG-old, USC_MC told us about the friendly war, it was arrange, and IMC said it was not ( but we cannot argue on this since both USC_MC and Belial would Tell other things)

    Infact I can recall this war as Karma was orginally involved, and at the time I was the Leader of UNITE (back then it was the wing alliance to DES now they are L-UNI) and we had a treaty with Karma...which made me want to know background information to what was happening, before I bought UNITE into the mix Via the board.... like my post said in that EG Vs IMC, K-K war thread .... Post#12 "Good Luck to both sides, Hopefully Diplomacy will work out....." Obviously I had spoken to leadership via Ingame before I posted on the board.

    In fact now when I re read what you have just said..... I can see your side of it...at that time being a member and all...as most great Leaders dont inform their members of to much going ons..... Yes it was arranged on ONE side, not both ALL parties agreeing to a "Friendly" war anyway. Like I said I only talk of stuff I know....not assume to know.

    vladz18 wrote:

    during this time our diplomat Caddy was not that active and got deleted right before EG-old should move out to EG-new but he made sure that the treaties we hold to QED,CER,CKA, be hold up...at least i knew this thing before taking up the position

    also lets not forget your Brother Alliance WAR

    vladz18 wrote:

    hehehe..have a nice day

    Well of course.....I always do! and the same for you too!

    Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..


    Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

    Board Rules | Support