BORG (BORG) vs. Nubius (NVA)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• BORG (BORG) vs. Nubius (NVA)

BORG is currently involved in combat operations with NVA. So why am I bothering to post this? Multiple choice:

1. I'm drunk.
    2. It was a dare.
    3. It's the only way we can make pithy comments on the board.
    4. All of the above

The more astute of you have already determined the proper answer.

So, let's provide a little background. No, Let me 'splain.
    [pause]
    Inigo Montoya: No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

Back in the day, Rhino and Mr. Fox caused a "skirmish" between Borg and PRO/ARC. Lots of fun was had by all. Skip forward to today.

We get a message from Cpt. Frosty of NVA (ARC) asking us if it was OK if he pillaged an inactive. Really? On Delta, inactive is inactive. Would have been best to pillage first and ask questions later. But, since he asked, it required a response by our diplomat. Following standard BORG policy, our diplo informed Sgt. Snowcup that he could pillage, but that such an action could result in an exercising of the Levator Ani, accompanied by a rather abrupt uncomfortable pressure felt in the nether-regions. Our General then followed up cautioning about a potential for non-approved procreation of the Cartoon Log Inhabitants.

Rather then accept the cautionary tale, Pvt. Slushy decided to take his grievance to the Game Operators. And, in accordance with the laws and scriptures of Ikariam (All Hail our Benevolent German Overlords), two of my finest officers were put on a needless "time-out". Cpl, Snowball could have accepted his punishment, but no, he decided to drag his entire alliance into the mix.

So here we are today. We have been advised that NVA is a "Training alliance" (however with an average TS of 750k, we are not sure what they are training for), so it is our goal to impart our BORG wisdom of combat tactics and strategies amongst NVA players. Since this is a Skirmish, our conditions for an end will remain non-defined, driven by our boredom rather then some arbitrary criteria of winning or losing. Actually, NVA has already declared a "Moral Victory" as some of our players have used Ambrosia during this campaign; obviously an unfair tactic as only BORG are allowed to purchase Ambrosia (Or at least we don't need approval from our parents to spend money).

So at a minimum, until Lt. YellowSnow apologizes for Fausting us to the GO's, we don't see an end of this in sight. On the bright side, you are only currently facing about 1/3 of all Borg. On the down side, I'm bound to sober up eventually.

8 of 8
    Leader of Borg

Warned for "Innuendo" since 2010
  • 8 of 8 give me your cords i will give you a fun time if you like and i will fight you by my self if you are up to it that is with these terms though if i win you would change the name of your alliance but if i lose i will tell how grait the borge is if that is suitable to you pm me with a resonce i will be waiting

Dark Knight -xi -
  • dpknight wrote:

8 of 8 give me your cords i will give you a fun time if you like and i will fight you by my self if you are up to it that is with these terms though if i win you would change the name of your alliance but if i lose i will tell how grait the borge is if that is suitable to you pm me with a resonce i will be waiting

Dark Knight -xi -

Could you say that again in English? My head hurts and now I need some of 8 of 8's drinks...
  • dpknight wrote:

8 of 8 give me your cords i will give you a fun time if you like and i will fight you by my self if you are up to it that is with these terms though if i win you would change the name of your alliance but if i lose i will tell how grait the borge is if that is suitable to you pm me with a resonce i will be waiting

Dark Knight -xi -

Im not 8 of 8, but if you want i wouldnt mind to visit you and your friends, just pass your coords and we could put you in the hit list. Hell if you want i could give you my coords and i will even let the door open for you to enter.

So what do you say punk? Do you feel lucky?
  • Im Famous !!

"Back in the day, Rhino and Mr. Fox caused a "skirmish" between Borg and PRO/ARC. Lots of fun was had by all. Skip forward to today."

Only item i will comment on is: Yes we are having some lovely battles, actually we were having some lovely battles but Borg have now pitched tents and drinking our lovely Re-Morse Wine... And going by 8 of 8's options i select number 1 :)

Oh your bar bill by the way is still unpaid :) we take daffodil tokens or dwarf gold coins - i also say we would take unicorn silver glittery dust but thats very rare i think..

Fox
  • ThreeOfFour wrote:

Why does it smell like fat girl pee in here all of a sudden?

Hey thats not very nice :) Unicorn glittery Dust is very expensive, it has to be imported from "far far away land" far far away land floats in the sky above moon land... Everyone knows that...

For someone to keep reporting posts they must have something against Unicorn Glitter Dust.. Shame its priceless.. Just like Rocking Horse Poo....

+1 Verbal: Off topic post
    ~Smity

The post was edited 1 time, last by wp mrfox ().

• In my defense I was advised to report the player (I didn't even know there was a second player, much less responsible for his/her banning). I realized shotly after that wasn't the most mature response, so I pulled out my resouces and troops to a safer location and waited the onslaught. Since I was undersiege, I informed my alliance (a reasonable response) and some came and backed me up. I wouldn't have requested the help if 2 Borg players with a total GS of about 40k hadn't come after me. After we lost, NVA pulled out as it was not possible to put up a good fight so far from the core. I weathered the onslaught just collecting gold and they soon left after about a week. Nothing going on until about a week later when Borg mobiles stared poping up in the NVA core. Since then I have not complained about anything and took everything in good humor, getting to enjoy some pretty epic battles and a few Borg witty comments.

Sorry about the player I got banned (and the second one if it somehow was my fault), and hope there are no hard feelings between Borg, myself and NVA. So far the battles have been good experience for NVA's smaller members (myself included) and it seems most players are having a good time.
  • No we dont do CR's seemingly for this skirmish, and nope there wont be any as its all finishing off from all accounts..

I will just say its been fun and we have learnt alot..

Thank you Borg..

Fox
  • wp mrfox wrote:

No we dont do CR's seemingly for this skirmish, and nope there wont be any as its all finishing off from all accounts..

I will just say its been fun and we have learnt alot..

Thank you Borg..

Fox
    ...your left hand obviously doesn't know what the right is doing, or do you suffer from forgetfullness, or something more questionable? You stated that it is all finishing, you didn't tell your 'toon soldiers that before they stormed my mobile just a few hours after posting this.

Perhaps you should learn how to spy better, so that you don't waste your forge miracle, what a pity your 'toons needed the extra to kill the few spears that were there, oh well, back to the blackboard, as you say, you are a training alliance (cough, cough).

Display Spoiler
    Battle for 0000000000
    (09.06.2011 21:33:53)

Mr Fox from Nova, 0000000000
    vs
    7 of 9 from 0000000000

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Swordsman............400(-0).... - ................................
    Hoplite..............400(-0).... - ................................
    Sulphur Carabineer...100(-0).... - ................................
    Mortar................14(-0).... - ................................
    Doctor................20(-0).... - ................................
    Cook..................30(-0).... - ................................
    Spearmen.............200(-0).... - Spearmen...............0(-4)....
    ................................ - Wall...................0(-5)....
    Generals.......................0 - Generals......................-2
    Offensive points...............6 - Defensive points...............0
    Damage Received................0 - Damage Received..............120
    Damage Percent................0% - Damage Percent..............100%

Winners: Mr Fox

568 units from Mr Fox are keeping the town 0000000000 occupied
    596 units from Mr Fox are keeping the town 0000000000 occupied
    Mr Fox's miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (09.06.2011 21:18:53)
    Mr Fox's miracle 'Hephaistos` Forge' has been activated. (09.06.2011 21:28:58)
    7 of 9's army has been completely destroyed.

Created using Ikariam CR Converter (v3.16)

• In fox's defense he was cleaning house. Just trying to make sure everything was clear with the troop removals. Unfortunately he encountered troops in the process. Sorry about any losses you or others of Borg encountered in the most recent attacks while you withdrew, and hopefully they are close to ending (most are done with fighting but some are still continuing attacks, on both sides)

Frosty
  • Cpt Custard wrote:

In fox's defense he was cleaning house. Just trying to make sure everything was clear with the troop removals. Unfortunately he encountered troops in the process. Sorry about any losses you or others of Borg encountered in the most recent attacks while you withdrew, and hopefully they are close to ending (most are done with fighting but some are still continuing attacks, on both sides)

Frosty

Don't dig that hole any deeper Cpt Custard, because if it was a simple case of clearing troops, why did Mr Fox occupy? I'm hardly bothered about the spears that were lost. It's the honesty of NVA's actions that I am questioning.

Another lesson that still needs to be learnt. Keep training guys.
  • I was not aware of the occupation (didn't look at the CR). I can however say that the alliance has told all members to cease attacks at this time, with the exception of lifting occupations and blockades on NVA towns. No dishonesty in the post above, just a simple miscommunication.

On another note, Morse will take over communications for NVA ingame (and the board if he wants) as I have resigned as diplomat for RL reasons (a summer job as a camp counselor, pretty exiting). Have fun all

Frosty (it would seem I have picked up the bad habit of signing board posts, oh well :)