One Unique Building Per Player

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • I love this idea, it would really allow players to play to their strengths, and like Sarberas said would make the game far more strategic.

    High build times would discourage players from switching from wonder to wonder, like I have already seen with the new government system.

    Allowing this wonder building to built in just one town may allow smaller players some advantage over larger players, which might benefit the game as it would put them on a more even footing, however as a larger player on most of the servers I play I would like to see more than just one wonder per player, maybe the number of towns a player owned, could have some kind of influence on the number of wonders they can build (towns 1-5 = 1 wonder, towns 6-10 = 2 wonders, 11+ = three wonders etc.).

    I would really like to see some kind negative side to the wonder, something similar to new government system when occupied. where if you occupy the town the wonder is located maybe the bonuses could be reversed into negatives for the player occupied (that could make a real strategic game out of this).

    Other than that a really, really good idea from my perspective
  • PirateBobby wrote:

    I would really like to see some kind negative side to the wonder, something similar to new government system when occupied. where if you occupy the town the wonder is located maybe the bonuses could be reversed into negatives for the player occupied (that could make a real strategic game out of this).

    Very nice idea, indeed.. when you occupy the capital.. along with government.. you need to have to worry about other things too..

    now at this point, no one really cares about their Capital.. honestly.. but if we are forced to build our wonder in our capital, and if we are forced to face the negative effects, when our capital is captured.. it would really make the capital more important than other cities.. and players will put more effort to guard their capital..

    as we speak, before government.. no one really cared about their palace.. for me, it was a Governor's Residence-like building, with a different look..

    but now, as we can only choose government from that building.. it made the building more valuable..

    same way, our capital should be more important than our other colonies..!! and as PirateBobby said.. if the wonders give exact opposite effect if our capital captured(only where the wonder can be built).. then we will do our best to free our capital..

    Also, I would like to humbly suggest.. as even these days we are able to relocate our capital... but no one actually does it.. but if someone finds their capital in war zone.. and gets frequently captured.. then they will have no choice but to relocate their capital.. or teleport it to safety.. so GF can earn more :evilgrin:

    but, forgive me to disagree to the point that a player can build more than one wonder.. I mean com'on.. you already said that, this will give smaller players the same advantage as bigger player.. so they can compete toe to toe..

    also, Wonder is a unique building.. and should only be built once at a time..

    plumbum wrote:

    Promoted to top rated
    Now we're talking.. :thumbsup:
  • Actually Sarberas I agree with you; the unique building should be in the capital. It won't have a designated space, so you'll have to sacrifice one of your current buildings for it.

    I also agree that if your capital is occupied that it should affect your entire kingdom and that you should have some reason to defend it. I think that we may end up asking for too much though at this present time so just the unique building would be great at first.
  • Thanks :)

    Hmmm.. let us start with the unique building constructable only on capital.. with some bonus..!!

    may be after a few updates, it will get tweaked and give the features we're discussing about..

    I am actually very hopeful about this.. as GF implemented Government.. sure it needs some tweaking.. but the idea is great..

    so, may be in near future.. we can have our most desired Special building.. who knows.. may be in next update?

    only things to worry.. which building to demolish.. :P and also, hope this building doesn't cost Ambrosia.. :lol:
  • I've always felt that Ikariam has lacked the ability to allow players a more personal experience. Sure there's some decisions to be made. You can be a fighter, you can be a builder and you can be a researcher. Still this concept hasn't allowed players to customize their style of play enough for these classes to feel unique.

    Some games have certain playing styles (or classes) which encourage a certain way to play the game. However this usually doesn't limit or restrict the player from taking influences from another class and implementing those into his own class for his/her own playing experience.

    I think that any suggestion with the purpose to better customize gameplay for a more personal experience should be encouraged.

    I also liked Reffans add-on suggestion regarding a special unit coming with the special building. Not only would this make the players style of play more unique, but it would also add more depth to the game since you will actually have to adapt your tactics and style of play depending on who you are fighting and what special unit the enemy uses.

    I really like this idea. I can already see a a gladiator unit coming with the colusseum with the ability to cause havoc to enemy frontline units ^^
  • DarkTerminus wrote:

    I've always felt that Ikariam has lacked the ability to allow players a more personal experience. Sure there's some decisions to be made. You can be a fighter, you can be a builder and you can be a researcher. Still this concept hasn't allowed players to customize their style of play enough for these classes to feel unique.

    Some games have certain playing styles (or classes) which encourage a certain way to play the game. However this usually doesn't limit or restrict the player from taking influences from another class and implementing those into his own class for his/her own playing experience.

    I think that any suggestion with the purpose to better customize gameplay for a more personal experience should be encouraged.

    I also liked Reffans add-on suggestion regarding a special unit coming with the special building. Not only would this make the players style of play more unique, but it would also add more depth to the game since you will actually have to adapt your tactics and style of play depending on who you are fighting and what special unit the enemy uses.

    I really like this idea. I can already see a a gladiator unit coming with the colusseum with the ability to cause havoc to enemy frontline units ^^

    Yep.. and don't forget the drunken mobs/monks.. from the Great Winery :D
  • Pakman wrote:






    I like it.

    But maybe its very difficult to have 30 buildings that will give you
    something good. The good buildings its innevitable to be 3-4 so many
    players will use only these. Although if the buildings arent involved
    with army at all and only are involved with the development of the
    colony. Maybe it could be like the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World:



    Great Pyramid of Giza

    2584-2561 BC

    Egyptians

    Hanging Gardens of Babylon

    Around 600 BC

    Babylonians

    Temple of Artemis at Ephesus

    c. 550 BC

    Lydians, Persians, Greeks

    Mausoleum of Halicarnassus

    351 BC

    Carians, Persians, Greeks

    Colossus of Rhodes

    292-280 BC

    Greeks

    Lighthouse of Alexandria

    c. 280 BC

    Hellenistic Egypt, (Greeks)

    Statue of Zeus at Olympia

    466-456 BC (Temple) 435 BC (Statue)

    Greeks






    Should work
  • I like the idea. Here is my own vision of these buildings :
    - Colosseum - 5 levels, offers +50 satisfaction on every town for each level you build
    - Central Bank - 5 levels, offers +1% gold bonus/day for existing gold stock. Each level increases the bonus with 0.5%.
    - Great Harbor - 5 levels, + 10 ships/level and -10% loading time on your own cities
    - Central Intelligence Headquarters - 5 levels, offers +5%/level protection against espionage and increases with 5%/level the chances for your spies to successfully complete a spy mission
    - Great Wall - 10 levels, with each level the armor, damage and hit point of your wall are increased
    - Lighthouse of Alexandria - 5 levels, +10% speed/level for trade and military ships
    - Great Workshop - 1 level, increases with +1 the armor of all your units and with 10% their damage
    - Pyramid - 10 levels, increases wit 2%/level the moral of your troops in each round
    - Parthenon - 5 levels, for each level the priests from temples produce +1 gold
    - Statue of Zeus - 5 levels, for each level it decreases with 5% the cool-down for miracles
    - Great Library - 5 levels, for each level it decreases with 20% the cost of your scientists and increases with 1% the research points . At level 5 scientists don't cost gold
    - Bazaar - 5 levels, for each level +5% bonus for every trade mission that has successfully been completed
    - University - 10 levels, offers +10%/level research points bonus for every experiment conducted in the academy.

    The building should be called MONUMENT or WONDER. The construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players. in thsi way all players would know what you have chosen to build and what to expect from you.
  • lokki76 wrote:

    I like the idea. Here is my own vision of these buildings :
    - Colosseum - 5 levels, offers +50 satisfaction on every town for each level you build
    - Central Bank - 5 levels, offers +1% gold bonus/day for existing gold stock. Each level increases the bonus with 0.5%.
    - Great Harbor - 5 levels, + 10 ships/level and -10% loading time on your own cities
    - Central Intelligence Headquarters - 5 levels, offers +5%/level protection against espionage and increases with 5%/level the chances for your spies to successfully complete a spy mission
    - Great Wall - 10 levels, with each level the armor, damage and hit point of your wall are increased
    - Lighthouse of Alexandria - 5 levels, +10% speed/level for trade and military ships
    - Great Workshop - 1 level, increases with +1 the armor of all your units and with 10% their damage
    - Pyramid - 10 levels, increases wit 2%/level the moral of your troops in each round
    - Parthenon - 5 levels, for each level the priests from temples produce +1 gold
    - Statue of Zeus - 5 levels, for each level it decreases with 5% the cool-down for miracles
    - Great Library - 5 levels, for each level it decreases with 20% the cost of your scientists and increases with 1% the research points . At level 5 scientists don't cost gold
    - Bazaar - 5 levels, for each level +5% bonus for every trade mission that has successfully been completed
    - University - 10 levels, offers +10%/level research points bonus for every experiment conducted in the academy.

    The building should be called MONUMENT or WONDER. The construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players. in thsi way all players would know what you have chosen to build and what to expect from you.

    Very good suggestions.. and pretty well balanced in my opinion..

    for example.. with Parthenon for each level priests produce 1 gold, when maxed priests will produce 5 gold, along with theocracy, priests will produce 6 golds per hour.., ie 3 gold income per hour considering as not being citizen they don;t produce regular 3 golds..

    so, in this case, theocracy and parthenon combo is very deadly ;)


    also, theocracy gives -20% cooldown reduction, Status of Zeus gives -25% reduction.. in total miracle cooldown almost halved.. so with only 2 miracle temple almost everyone can get a permanent miracle boost,

    eg: Forge cool down 7 days, with Zeus+theocracy combo reduction.. 3.85 days cool down (65% cool down time, deducting 45%)

    with 2 Forge temple (with level 5 miracle) 1.92 days.. now considering Forge has 1 day duration, one can use Forge in every second days..


    but then again.. those people who don't use Theocracy government.. say dictator people:

    favorite monument/wonder for them..

    Great Workshop, Pyramid, Central Intelligence Headquarters..

    with Great workshop and Forge, someone can achieve +3 armor and 30% bonus damage..

    With Pyramid.. less worries about getting scattered in sea battles..

    with C I H: more success in spying.. everyone knows the better you spy, the better chance of winning

    for democratic government people (builders/traders):

    Colosseum, Central Bank, Great Harbor, Bazzar are good choices..

    with democracy and Colosseum.. you will hardly need any wine to be distributed at all.. a big relief from sending sending wine everyday

    Central bank gives you more golds.. Harbor gives you speed for loading of your ships, Bazzar gives you 25% bonus after successful trading..

    with any of these, any trading empire will be at epitome of success..

    if you use Hermes+ Harbor.. your ships will have 250% (normal 100%+ Hermes 100%+harbor 50%) loading speed.. that's like appointing Hercules..!!

    Lighthouse will give you +50% speed.. with poseidon you get 250% speed... you will be flying.. now you can really send those heavy mortar ships at the corners of the world for battles.. :thumbup:

    for guys into science and researches..

    those who are using technocracy.. with already high research point gathering but for a higher price.. can get great library.. so no more costing to the scientists.. along with (5+5) 10% increased RP gathering..

    for others, who only use experiments.. can get University.. at highest level you get 2X research points from every research..

    and those who didn't like any of these.. can always get Great Wall.. for maximum security.. :thumbsup:


    with all those great building, I wish if I could get more than one.. :lol: but I was the one who stated only one unique building per player should be allowed... man.. if this is implemented.. it will be a hard choice..

    but as always, i think GF will tweak it and reduce the advantages to very low.. ;(


    Edit: I think people can nullify some of their disadvantages gained through government.. with those buildings..

    like, Dictator + Colosseum = no disadvantages.. etc
  • lokki76 wrote:

    I like the idea. Here is my own vision of these buildings :
    - Colosseum - 5 levels, offers +50 satisfaction on every town for each level you build
    - Central Bank - 5 levels, offers +1% gold bonus/day for existing gold stock. Each level increases the bonus with 0.5%.
    - Great Harbor - 5 levels, + 10 ships/level and -10% loading time on your own cities
    - Central Intelligence Headquarters - 5 levels, offers +5%/level protection against espionage and increases with 5%/level the chances for your spies to successfully complete a spy mission
    - Great Wall - 10 levels, with each level the armor, damage and hit point of your wall are increased
    - Lighthouse of Alexandria - 5 levels, +10% speed/level for trade and military ships
    - Great Workshop - 1 level, increases with +1 the armor of all your units and with 10% their damage
    - Pyramid - 10 levels, increases wit 2%/level the moral of your troops in each round
    - Parthenon - 5 levels, for each level the priests from temples produce +1 gold
    - Statue of Zeus - 5 levels, for each level it decreases with 5% the cool-down for miracles
    - Great Library - 5 levels, for each level it decreases with 20% the cost of your scientists and increases with 1% the research points . At level 5 scientists don't cost gold
    - Bazaar - 5 levels, for each level +5% bonus for every trade mission that has successfully been completed
    - University - 10 levels, offers +10%/level research points bonus for every experiment conducted in the academy.

    The building should be called MONUMENT or WONDER. The construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players. in thsi way all players would know what you have chosen to build and what to expect from you.

    ImmortalRo wrote:

    YES. I like the idea. It would help a lot the government. I hope GF will introduce this new building. But how would the buildings look like?

    Colosseum:


    Central Bank:


    Great Harbor:



    Central Intelligence Headquarter:


    Great Wall:




    In other words.. they will look exactly as their counterparts in real life... :thumbsup:
  • lokki76 wrote:


    The building should be called MONUMENT or WONDER. The construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players. in thsi way all players would know what you have chosen to build and what to expect from you.
    wait a second... I think I have missed something in the first time..

    the construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players?? What The Hell..???

    what about the element of surprise??

    In My Humble Opinion, you may make the building look different so one can distinguish.. and it will be inside the capital and can only be visible if you capture the capital.. or successfully send a spy inside..!!
  • Sarberas wrote:

    lokki76 wrote:


    The building should be called MONUMENT or WONDER. The construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players. in thsi way all players would know what you have chosen to build and what to expect from you.
    wait a second... I think I have missed something in the first time..

    the construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players?? What The Hell..???

    what about the element of surprise??

    In My Humble Opinion, you may make the building look different so one can distinguish.. and it will be inside the capital and can only be visible if you capture the capital.. or successfully send a spy inside..!!


    In my opinion the Monument should be placed outside because the bonuses offered by these buildings are quite high comparing to all other bonuses offered by Ikariam. If I am competing (in any form: battle, construction, research) with an other player I should know what he is focused on with out having to spy on him. The monument is a testimony of how advanced is your empire. If the Egyptians wanted to hide the pyramids they wouldn't build them so great. The Great Wall of China is visible from the Moon ... I think it is normal for your wonder to be visible to at least from the same island :)
  • lokki76 wrote:

    The building should be called MONUMENT or WONDER. The construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players. in thsi way all players would know what you have chosen to build and what to expect from you.

    Good ideea ! Let's make them visible, Wonders are too big to be hidden.
    And this will differenciate the town view on the island, as we are limited to lvl 18 image now. Visibility should work exactly like seeing occupation, only on an island where you have spies or allies.
  • lokki76 wrote:

    Sarberas wrote:

    lokki76 wrote:


    The building should be called MONUMENT or WONDER. The construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players. in thsi way all players would know what you have chosen to build and what to expect from you.
    wait a second... I think I have missed something in the first time..

    the construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players?? What The Hell..???

    what about the element of surprise??

    In My Humble Opinion, you may make the building look different so one can distinguish.. and it will be inside the capital and can only be visible if you capture the capital.. or successfully send a spy inside..!!


    In my opinion the Monument should be placed outside because the bonuses offered by these buildings are quite high comparing to all other bonuses offered by Ikariam. If I am competing (in any form: battle, construction, research) with an other player I should know what he is focused on with out having to spy on him. The monument is a testimony of how advanced is your empire. If the Egyptians wanted to hide the pyramids they wouldn't build them so great. The Great Wall of China is visible from the Moon ... I think it is normal for your wonder to be visible to at least from the same island :)

    Antikythera wrote:

    lokki76 wrote:

    The building should be called MONUMENT or WONDER. The construction should take place outside of your capital and would be visible for all players. in thsi way all players would know what you have chosen to build and what to expect from you.

    Good ideea ! Let's make them visible, Wonders are too big to be hidden.
    And this will differenciate the town view on the island, as we are limited to lvl 18 image now. Visibility should work exactly like seeing occupation, only on an island where you have spies or allies.

    I completely agree with the reason behind your comment.. but consider this.. their are 16 spots in an island +1 ambrosia spot + mills+mines+wonder +agora+ barbarian village (in some cases) =21-22 spots already occupied

    if 17 of the island emperor decides to build their monument outside the building.. will their be enough space?

    also, as you've talked about pyramids, it's not visible outside of egypt.. even great wall of china, may be visible from moon.. but you can't see it from japan or India..

    also, as it's suggested that monument can be built only in/outside palace.. then won't it be easy to locate the capital.. so people could capture it and drive the empire to xenocracy?

    the towns in ikariam, are like nations in my opinion.. you have to enter the nation to be able to see their monument..

    just my opinion..!! and would very much like to hear some counter agreement..

    for the record, lokki, I really liked your suggestions about the different monuments :thumbsup:




    Edit: by the way, I am not sure what exactly Agora does.. if we get rid of it.. may be we could get some more space..? ?(

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Sarberas ().

  • I have an idea: when I used Greasemonkey and the scripts, I had a nice script, which was helpful. When I saw the island I saw NEXT TO THE NAMES OF THE CITIES a paper. And when I saw the paper I knew that I had a cultural treaty with it. I think it was helpful.

    So, my idea: You`ll can see a small colosseum or a small wonder or monument. I think that you should see what monument other people build. It would be fair, because when you see the player`s monument you see what type of player is your opponent. That would be fair and helpful:D

    Or another idea: you`ll can see the player`s monument when you click the player`s town. And under the info, you can see a monument... A small thing, but visible:D
  • There are 17 city spots on one island ... if everyone wants to build a monument on that island ... there are just not enough spaces.
    The monument should be near the city, not on a special place on the island.
    Like this:



    This is just a rough drawing ... I'm sure GF or other members will find something more beautiful.
  • @lokki

    I think that everyone wants a monument, but not everyone can afford one:P

    And I thought that the monument will be smaller and next to the name of the town like this:(this is like my old script:D)