Laboratory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Excuse me for my english but I'm italian and in the italian board almost all suggestions are censored :-\
    There are Forester's House, Glassbower, Alchemist's Tower, Winery and Stonemason, building that give an advantage to manufactures
    So, why not add a new building that give an advantage to researchers?
    That building is the Laboratory, the cost is equal to that of glassbower, alchemist, winery and stonemason (not the forester), and each level of this building gives a bonus of +2% of research point produced. What do you thing of my idea? :)

• Do I like this idea? 201
      Yes (180) 90%
      No (21) 10%
    Have to admit, I like the sound of this idea!

What kind of resources would be needed to construct the building?
  • Qwertinho wrote:

If I want to use the 20 citizien as workers, also the economic future is irrelevant because there are the +2% building

What? The economic future gives you extra population space, and extra happiness. The 2% buildings don't do anything like that.

But I do agree that the futures will just become more irrelevant. GF should implement this building, and change the scientific future to something more useful, along the lines of what the other futures currently do (like 2% lower cost for all researches per level of scientific future).
  • No one want to research Scientific Future atm.
    The Idea for having a building for +2% research point is much better than having a research which cost you millions of research points ...
  • Not everyone hates Scientific Futures as much as you do - I know players who focused almost all their research on them. And while a building would seem to be a more useful alternative, you'd have to build one (presumably) in every town where you have an Academy. (That is if, like the other production boosters, they only work in that town.) With the squeeze on building spaces, I think that this would actually balance out quite nicely with Scientific Futures (more reason to build up Academies, rather than focusing on Experiments).
  • The future should give a more useful bonus, we can not not approve a suggestion like this because bonus future are useless :)
    I remind you that I am italian so these posts are writed with google translate :)
  • Scientific Future comes at the end of the research when your researches are almost finished
    those who have enough time and resource for futures can utilize it

we need a building which can increase research points at initial stage when a small player need more research but as he has small no of citizens and he always need workers to dig resources from mills, how can he balance upkeep of scientists

This building is a great improvement and helps in early stages and yes it costs a free slot of your town which is difficult to spare.
  • Reffan wrote:

Not everyone hates Scientific Futures as much as you do - I know players who focused almost all their research on them. And while a building would seem to be a more useful alternative, you'd have to build one (presumably) in every town where you have an Academy. (That is if, like the other production boosters, they only work in that town.) With the squeeze on building spaces, I think that this would actually balance out quite nicely with Scientific Futures (more reason to build up Academies, rather than focusing on Experiments).

True.. as.. after dramatic improvements of Miracles (well at least to some of them) most people (including me) torn down most of their academy.. and built temples.. and if we could make a laboratory.. it will be easier to (for the research lovers at least ) research several levels of seafaring and military..

which will help me to keep my legions of army.. :thumbsup:

Thumbs up from me.. mate
  • Yup!!!

We need this building at initial stage....
    Those who want to research earlier can spend one building spot when they haven't unlock Burucracy free spot.
    Don't we need it??? ?(