Something to cure boredom

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Something to cure boredom

We all know that many players have left this game. We need something more interesting to be done regularly to get more people to join and our current members to stay.

I have 2 suggestions.

World war

Those who want to join shall be split into two teams then set to fight each other.

Biggest cr ever

Again we could split into two teams and try to create the largest cr ever. If this is done, please can it be done in one of my towns?

Suggest your ideas on this thread and discuss these two.

Can a moderator introduce a poll to see which suggestion people like better then delete this sentence?
  • So lets say we'll do the largest cr and then the war if it's (the large cr) a success.

Any whole alliances want to join? It'll be a lot easier to organise by alliances rather than hundreds of players who may not be able to fight as an alliance member is on the opposite side.
  • Well we could go by allies of alliances. So like Ellas and -X- are allies so the will be on side A and than Boss and LOR are allies so they would be on side B. Obviously, NWO would be on side A and LOR-A would be on side B.

Any other allies or DWPs? ?(
  • Can someone inform those alliances or confirm their participation?

We're trying to make the largest cr possible so can we agree no blockades?

I have a town near the center of the map that we could use.
  • PoofyBlake001 wrote:

It would have to be a town without walls...
    Not really. We're not testing military strength or anything. It's not whether you win or lose, it's the giant cr that matters. I've seen 2 simultaneous battles between 2 alliances with each side losing ~200,000 of their GS recently on Ny. Between many alliances all focused on one battle, it really wouldn't matter. The reason for no blockades is so both sides can send more troops to extend the battle.
  • wouldn't the relationship of the defender and attacker have more relevance rather than the alliance they are in?

I agree, no blockade.

so we would be determining "biggest" as in most total damage done, right? So having a bunch of hoplites will slow the process, wouldn't it? Just trying to figure out what I should start recruiting...

I don't speak for CWN, still discussing involvement...
    CPO, NY, -X-
    CPO, Phi, mYm
    CPO, Omikron, Bane
    CPO, Tau
  • CPO wrote:

wouldn't the relationship of the defender and attacker have more relevance rather than the alliance they are in?
    It would have relevance but alliance members can't fight other alliance members so that is more important. My goal isn't to win this battle, but to create the cr and enjoy doing it. Both sides aren't actually fighting each other but are helping each other to achieve the goal.

CPO wrote:

so we would be determining "biggest" as in most total damage done, right? So having a bunch of hoplites will slow the process, wouldn't it? Just trying to figure out what I should start recruiting...
    Yes, but it's best if the speed is slow too. It would be an amazing feat if this lasted an entire month.
  • I believe that members of the same alliance could technically join on opposite sides of the battle. One picks pillage, the other picks defend. But that's probably not something that people would want and for ease of organizing, it should probably be these alliances defend and these attack... Sorry, not trying to be difficult :)

either way, I'm in...
    CPO, NY, -X-
    CPO, Phi, mYm
    CPO, Omikron, Bane
    CPO, Tau
  • Just an idea ..

I really like your idea, i just think it needs some modifications ..

Fighting in 1 big battle is fun but there are no tactics nor strategy needed for this, only numbers will win such a battle.

So, i propose fighting for 1 island, for the whole island.

Once all towns and ports are occupied on the island from 1 side, that side is the winner.

A few difficulties in achieving this is where this island battle will take place ? since it maybe closer to one of the sides so its easier and more affordable to one side than the other side.
  • That's pushing closer to the world war, everyone seems to just want the biggest CR. One town will be fine, I still think it shouldn't have walls because walls aren't worth any points and just slow things down.

The center is going to be about (50,50) Looking at the UCI map though, the center is at approx (50,54)

What are the coords of your town SA?
  • Shiker-that is a good idea but I'd like to see the cr first.

I think we should make projects like this a regular thing. We should try that before a world war though. It'll give those who don't want to fight a chance to back out.

PoofyBlake. I have 2 towns within 5 island radius and a third within 6. I just colonised on 50:50 so there is no wall but I'd have to build up my town to get a larger battlefield or maybe I should keep it at a low level to increase the chances of it lasting a month.
  • If it's over the garrison limit, it'll take place on the largest battle field right? Wall or no wall, I believe the garrison limit still has an affect on the battle field.

Regarding CPO's statement...
    "I believe that members of the same alliance could technically join on opposite sides of the battle."

"If an army arrives at a place and is forced to attack own or allied soldiers for a mission, it will cancel its mission." -Quote from Ikariam
  • sorry for my confusion, I know in the past that I have joined on the opposite side of battle than my allies, but then I think hat might have been a bug anyway. :dash:
    CPO, NY, -X-
    CPO, Phi, mYm
    CPO, Omikron, Bane
    CPO, Tau