Automatic In Game Combat Reports!!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Good idea,
    it's not the first time I see something like this suggested.
    I would settle for a "Share" button in every CT to send a circular with a link to it, no conversion, just a way to show other players the CT the same way I see it.
  • adds some fuel to the flames with a quote from an alliance member of mine...

"Mod can you please close this thread? I don't seem to be finding the time to convert the cr's as the converter I use is slow and uses up much of my time.Thanks,

Door 3 of 3"

Please give us a in game CR converter... make it like google chrome converter but with better color choice please and thank you :thumbup:
  • another of gameforge games has this facility

when you open the CR at the bottom it gives option of 'show as BB-code'
    when you click it we are given the BB-code for that CR

this code can be copied and pasted anywhere within the game
  • Pretty much very similar to the downloadable (safe) built-in CR converter for Google Chrome?
    (Developed by the same developer as the web version. 0% risks unlike Greasemonkey converters)

If you use Google Chrome, you can download a built-in converter here: Click, at least until Gameforge decide to build one in themselves.
  • it is what i use... but i do have a few complaints.. first off the green is to bright.. and second it forces players to use google chrome, where as i may love it others might not... my suggestion will eliminate the need to have that converter, or doing it the long way. or teaching how to do both (im half tempted to save instructions on my desktop ive taught it so many times) ..but until something like the chrome converter is implemented into the game, im using the hassle free chrome converter as it has the most information and is the easiest to use.. i downloaded chrome just for the converter, but all in all it is a nice browser too...
  • I play on iPad and it does not currently allow for an external sourced cr converter. An in-game cr converter created by ikariam would solve this problem and allow us iPad users to post our pillages and battles.
  • Yes a very Nice Idea to put up!!!!

Most of Greasemonkey Script users were used it for conversion of a Combat report...
    The Holyschimdt's converter was the mostly used convertor which we lost after script hacking issue last year....
    Now some people still using scripts on their own risk, some are using web convertor and some are using chrome facility.... but it is very annoying when someone posted a combat report on a circular and it shows as a garbage to most of teh users just because different means....
    this is also a big issue we get only 50% combat reports on our Board.

So, if this would be implemented this problem will be solved and use of unauthorized script will be minimize which is still a potential risk for game Forge too.... ;) 8-)
  • I also :love: the idea.
    No more webconverter
    Instructions

Open the report page for the desired battle.
    In your browser, goto 'View' → 'Source' (also called 'Page Source', in some browsers). [Screenshot]
    Select all html code ('Edit' → 'Select All' or 'CTRL + A').
    Copy all selected code ('Edit' → 'Copy' or 'CTRL + C').
    Click inside the textbox above and paste in the code ('Edit' → 'Paste' or 'CTRL + V').
    Choose the desired Output style BBcode/plaintext Ajaxchat
    Press the 'Convert Report' button.
    Againn Select all txt
    copy and paste in circular or baord.
    And probably Repwat all steps again because you made the wrong Output Style choice. ?(
  • One most important reason why I dont put CR's to the forum is because it is so inconvinient to do it on other website (other is because alliance can put up CR's to one post only when it is war, when isnt, then have to put CR's individually). So I really would like this update.
  • Romolo wrote:

Good idea,
    it's not the first time I see something like this suggested.
    I would settle for a "Share" button in every CT to send a circular with a link to it, no conversion, just a way to show other players the CT the same way I see it.

+1 on the circular share button for cr's

I'm in a training alliance, and making cr's is one of the biggest turn-offs for our newer players.