Colonization on same island

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Colonization on same island

Hi frnds,

I am a beginner and need some suggestions.
      I was wondering if I can colonize on my island. If yes then can I employ more number of workers in lumber and other luxury item source?
      Will the two towns be considered same or distinct?

What are the disadvantages of colonizing on same island?
      :)
    • Yes absolutely you can colonise in same island. It'll act as any other town you can employ workers in mines like all the towns plus you have to donate less and you'll gain more. The towns will be considered separate, you'll have to build governor palace in your second town. It'll be easy to transfer resources and you will be able to transfer units even if your port is blocked by enemy.
      Only disadvantages i can think is that if you are in a crappy island full of leeches and you can have one more temple if you take another island.
    • My main account I have 10 colonies on one island. The main advantage is I can build island up quickly and increase resource production substantially. Right now on my main server I am number 1 by about 300k points, the number 2 player just hit 500k total score. The main reason I can grow significantly faster than others, I have all my colonies producing significantly more resources per an hour. I have put 13.5 million wood into island in about 5 and a half months, which gives me level 30 mill (soon to be 31) and level 24 luxury. But using this strategy you are dependent on ambrosia trader a lot. This is the main reason why I have expanded quick, because most of the time I have just been either building up island or building up palace and gr's.
    • I am on an island where most are afraid of donating. I dont think I can colonize on that. So, what is going to be most important next.
      Sulphur or crystal? I think I can manage marbles for now.
    • the best is if you place ::

marble, wine, marble, marble, wine, wine, marble, marble, wine, marble, wine, wine !!!! :whistling: :D
      Worlds where I play : Alpha, Pi, Sigma
      Worlds where I played : Omikron (DR-F), SIGMA (P-R), Chi (NWOLF) , test server
      Gamma, Tau (INC), My (DR-F), Pi (CUR), Apolon (TNP, S_F) 1.speed server
      - Retired
      2. war server finished in ARES (DAWAR), 4. war server
      Former Board Moderator

• advantages:
      - quick movement of resources
      - quick help when attacked

disadvantages:
      - if ur targeted, people can attack u consecutively
      - less people to attack!
    • setheom wrote:

advantages:
      -donation bonus
      disadvantages:
      - less people to attack! wrong, its called occupation and garrison rights.
      -ambro usage (must in most cases)
      Improved by MrSmiley!
    • MrSmiley wrote:

setheom wrote:

advantages:
      -donation bonus
      disadvantages:
      - less people to attack! wrong, its called occupation and garrison rights.
      -ambro usage (must in most cases)
      Improved by MrSmiley!(read it and weep alera! :P)