Best Traders

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Best Traders

So, I learned that trading is a most profitable way of playing the game, but somehow I always end up with only one trading post, which is mainly used to buy resources to train units and ships. It's more like a war asset, an essential one.

Yet, I have to congratulate the top traders of Sigma:

1.......... VNN_HCM...........VINA.......605
      2.......... Beeblefox............SF1.........227
      3.......... s2_avie2.............................203
      4.......... s2_avie3.............................202
      5.......... s2_avie1.............................192

VNN must really be a trader by heart, beating the #2 with ease. He must also be a friendly neighbor, since the players on ranks 3, 4 and 5 live on his island. What bugs me a bit is that I always thought trading benefits all participants, yet the only one profiting from these island trades is VNN (the other three seem to be stuck at about 200 total score).

Now, who's willing and able to compete for the #1 in trading score? I know there's no official race for it like for the donation score, but maybe someone tries just for the lulz. If you are the one, be aware that there's also s2_avie4, and s2_avie5 on another island VNN resides on, they haven't started trading yet though.

How do you set up your trading business? Do you rely on only one trading post like I do, or do you spread your towns and equip them with a trading post each, to reach more areas of the world? Is the used building spot worth it?
    • meranti wrote:

So, I learned that trading is a most profitable way of playing the game, but somehow I always end up with only one trading post, which is mainly used to buy resources to train units and ships. It's more like a war asset, an essential one.

Yet, I have to congratulate the top traders of Sigma:

1.......... VNN_HCM...........VINA.......605
      2.......... Beeblefox............SF1.........227
      3.......... s2_avie2.............................203
      4.......... s2_avie3.............................202
      5.......... s2_avie1.............................192

VNN must really be a trader by heart, beating the #2 with ease. He must also be a friendly neighbor, since the players on ranks 3, 4 and 5 live on his island. What bugs me a bit is that I always thought trading benefits all participants, yet the only one profiting from these island trades is VNN (the other three seem to be stuck at about 200 total score).

Now, who's willing and able to compete for the #1 in trading score? I know there's no official race for it like for the donation score, but maybe someone tries just for the lulz. If you are the one, be aware that there's also s2_avie4, and s2_avie5 on another island VNN resides on, they haven't started trading yet though.

How do you set up your trading business? Do you rely on only one trading post like I do, or do you spread your towns and equip them with a trading post each, to reach more areas of the world? Is the used building spot worth it?

Three people with identical names? But, don't have a trading post, if I want something to trade I ask my alliance members.
    • -Vendetta- wrote:

Three people with identical names? But, don't have a trading post, if I want something to trade I ask my alliance members.

same for me but i have trading post for gold. My income is in negative i am getting all my gold from selling at trading post.
    • Lord Virendra wrote:

Quoted from "-Vendetta-"

same for me but i have trading post for gold. My income is in negative i am getting all my gold from selling at trading post.
      thats why i dont have an army... i would rather have the material and gold than an army :D ill fight later when my money isnt a big factor...
    • meranti wrote:

Roy Mustang wrote:

thats why i dont have an army... i would rather have the material and gold than an army :D ill fight later when my money isnt a big factor...

You could pay an army, pillage thousands of resources and make profit. Without pillaging, I would probably have a third of my current score.

maybe he doesn't feel like putting the effort in or he has nice developed islands.

Obviously VNN has great powers of persuasion. ;) Just be thankful you ain't sharing an island with him/her. :)
    • Roy Mustang wrote:

well i m not a big pillager the army is mainly to keep my general score adequate, so i won't be pillaged often.
    • i am getting others to donate... no need to pillage yet. not that im refusing... id rather not this early, armies= money and material and if destroyed to big of a loss will occur causing a huge setback... although im getting close to starting raids on people
    • If anything related to the Vietnamese player "Diplomat_HCM" on the Omikron server, then definitely fishy...

Maybe Patrick can explain the simple economics of it?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Talista ().

• Don't worry, Patrick isn't finished

Of course, that leaves the second player with too much wood, whatever will we do?

I wonder what Patrick would do?

Of course, it would be fishy if you didn't have very random names like s2_avie1, s2_avie2 and s2_avie3.
      But Patrick has a highly developed nose for seafood.

EDIT:
      I opened up a game ticket with the sigma GOs - hopefully they are able to look at those accounts and see if there is any organised pushing going on.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Talista ().

• patrick explains the process so well :lol: what it dont mention is the friend on the island that will invite them back on a different email after the mines are raised :S
    • I was on the island next door to this guy "Diplomat_HCM" in omikron. Dude had many accounts that he used to reserve spots, trade goods favourably, and use as farms.

Irritating as hell, because you couldn't prove anything externally - (someone once told me that many Vietnamese IPs are dynamic which makes fleet contact hard to prove - not sure if true or not). So if its the same guy, and there are similarities beyond just the name, I'm happy to report him. I once looted a farm that was 'his' and ended up getting attacked by 5 guys. To top it off, once caught I had a ton of palm trees on my island that went nowhere for ages. :cursing:

The thing I'm really wondering though - was the original poster trying to imply something was dodgy, or actually impressed by the trading score? I still am trying to work it out. It almost can be read both ways :D

Cheers
      -T.

EDIT: yeah, sorry dude, Patrick's finished now. Sometimes you just have to let the ones you love go... But if there are other acts of stupidity/ignorance I might just revive him

EDIT2: I just realised that as there are so many acts of stupidity/ignorance, he might be making a comeback sooner than I anticipated. I guess depends if the mods are Patrick fans