New NPC - Pirates

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Yes, the idea is very good, I like it! :thumbup:

Omega- Infamous- North East Pirates (N-E-P) Leader (Retired)
    Gamma- Infamous- North East Pirates (NEP) Leader (Retired)
    Sigma- Infamous- Phoenix Rising (PHNX) General (Retired)
    Boreas-Infamous Gamma-Northeast Pirates (-NEP-) Leader

Creepin in silence
  • I am all IN on THIS one.!

I too suggested this years back. buh no one seemed to "Get IT" back then. Awesome job at getting it together at another Turning point in time.... 4.5

i had some other ideas like ,
    being able to take some of the soldiers captive and then get the science off them to build different soldiers.
    allow them to pillage inactives for gold and pillage them for gold.
    let them build towns and take over the towns for mats and res and a new town location..
    i cant write Graphics, so i was trying to get the Mainland Chinese folks and the Korean Server ,to develope a script like Gunbarrel or Pirates ikariam with an Oriental roof top and building architecture...to graft in on my game LOL...sorry i digress... Great Idea !

Weezbo
    *~//: )
  • Ok then, the new ships have rolled out.
    I'll admit, I have absolutely no idea how naval warfare works anymore.
    I'm sure there's a handful more people in the same position >.>
    This suggestion would help us all out :3
  • No No No please not....

I make my living killing Fleet while the rest of my Alliance concentrate on land troops--------.Its absolutely amazing the amount of seasoned players who have no Idea of the fleet system..

Joking Scottster..Great idea :thumbsup:
  • Noobie protection.

hate to say this buh let me ask you to check this link i have posted on a dis similar buh related matter .
    perhaps this might be a first step in GF recognizing a HUGE "Oversight" in banging out these new Up grades..and lend credence to what we are saying here as well at this time...

Target: W01Travel time: 10m
    Additional upkeep: 4 per Hour this is a speed boat off to occupy Noobie..

noobies option?

a 40 minit build...

my speed boat can occupy noobies port now sad day for noobie ...

board.us.ikariam.com/board6-co…is-new-again/#post1419338
  • I like this idea, but to fit more into the gameplay of ikariam, why not just put the "pirate" ships into the barbarian village, and if you pillage it enough that there is no more loot, you just lose the option to pillage, and remain with the "Occupy port"?
    Then the barbarian village will be training village for land and sea. It seems to just be simpler to me :)
  • Chickensong wrote:

I like this idea, but to fit more into the gameplay of ikariam, why not just put the "pirate" ships into the barbarian village, and if you pillage it enough that there is no more loot, you just lose the option to pillage, and remain with the "Occupy port"?
    Then the barbarian village will be training village for land and sea. It seems to just be simpler to me :)

Mmm that doesn't really make too much sense if you're pillaging from over land, because you'll obviously miss the navy. Hence why the suggestion for a completely separate NPC. Also the missing "pillage" button would most likely cause more confusion for a complete newbie to the game.
  • Yay the idea still exists, haha.

I think a name change for the NPC may now be required, since we have a different pirate system.
    How about calling the NPC's "vandals" or "raiders"? Iunno. *Shrug*. What's your suggestion?
  • Really like this idea but also agree the name is an issue. Historically the term "vandals" was used in a similar way to "barbarians" but was more a roman thing than a greek one.

That could still work as could "savages" but I think that originates much later too.
  • YES.

Why is this not in the game? I have played this thing on and off since it was first released, and still dont have a clue about how the whole naval battle thing works! I just send a hundred ram ships and hope that they can mob whatever the other guy has in the port. ^^

Please, bring this into the game. :)
  • I'm totally clueless with the new ship battle mechanics, so I agree with this idea.

Would also be nice if one/two of the tasks required occupation for a few hours... and the computer trying to rebel a few times with varied forces. That way we'd be able to experiment with those mechanics too.

Name itself isn't a huge issue, Greek history is extremely rich, so its very easy to find a replacement name.
    Sometimes me think "what is friend?"
    And then me say, "friend is someone to share last cookie with."