Being told when spies have got to the objective.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Being told when spies have got to the objective.

General Information:

What are you suggesting?
    I am suggesting that on the the towns button (in-game) that it should tell you if a spy that you have sent out has reached it's objective.
    How will it change the interface/gameplay?
    It simply means that you could quickly find out the information quicker (for pillaging them) if you needed your army for another purpose.

Suggestion Reason:
    It means you could not forget about your spy and their mission. Me personally, I forget about my spies and they are sometimes there for weeks on end.

• I think there should be an option .. if you tick yes then you will get a notification .. if you click no then you dont get one like normal .. then everyone's happy making this idea solid :D
  • hens162 wrote:

I am suggesting that on the the towns button (in-game)

You mean the town advisor right?
    I get really nervous when I see a lit-up military advisor in the morning when I didn't send a pillage out overnight >.>

Good idea ^^
  • Taking a step back a second, instead of just saying "yes", I will first off say that I said "no" to this suggestion.

I understand your point of view, and I sympathise, but in the end, it if your fault purely if you forget that you left spies in towns. Yes I have done it many a time, which is why I try to remember to check my hideouts before I go to bed, and before I send out any important attacks. The lack of a player's vigilance should not be compensated for by an update, as some are more vigilant than others.
    I always like to keep my hideouts full of my spies when I'm not using them, and I do occasionally forget. I think that this is my fault and there should be no blame placed on the game's mechanics for this. I didn't pay enough attention, if I get spied, be it on my own head. Yes, it has happened to me before where it cost me quite a lot. I learned my lesson from it.

Like I said at the beginning of my point of view on this matter; I do understand your point of view, I do sympathise. It does suck that it happens, but you just need to find some way or habit to remember where your spies are, or to remember to check.
  • Chickensong wrote:

Taking a step back a second, instead of just saying "yes", I will first off say that I said "no" to this suggestion.

I understand your point of view, and I sympathise, but in the end, it if your fault purely if you forget that you left spies in towns. Yes I have done it many a time, which is why I try to remember to check my hideouts before I go to bed, and before I send out any important attacks. The lack of a player's vigilance should not be compensated for by an update, as some are more vigilant than others.
    I always like to keep my hideouts full of my spies when I'm not using them, and I do occasionally forget. I think that this is my fault and there should be no blame placed on the game's mechanics for this. I didn't pay enough attention, if I get spied, be it on my own head. Yes, it has happened to me before where it cost me quite a lot. I learned my lesson from it.

Like I said at the beginning of my point of view on this matter; I do understand your point of view, I do sympathise. It does suck that it happens, but you just need to find some way or habit to remember where your spies are, or to remember to check.

This section is for game suggestions. He is suggesting a nice feature that a lot of people would like. Ikariam does updates like that all the time. The chat feature, the forums are not needed, but they added them because they thought people would like them. Just like this feature, people would like an update when something they do is complete. Everything else seems to have a notification but not spys. I would appreciate knowing when something I did was complete, just like every other thing in the game.
    Great idea, I voted yes.