Senatus Populusque Romanus (S.P.Q.R.)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Senatus Populusque Romanus (S.P.Q.R.)

Senatus Populusque Romanus

Ave! On behalf of the Roman people, I bid you greetings and good tidings. S.P.Q.R. is an alliance based upon the principles of fair and open trading, the prosperity of our cities, and the protection of our members. We have come from all different backgrounds, but we have been bound together in friendship and the pursuit of our ideals. We have no quarrel with any alliance, but we will defend ourselves to the fullest if harmed. An attack upon any City-State or Colony of Rome will be considered an attack upon the entire alliance, and subject to a full retaliatory response.

We are not bound by any specific set of coordinates, we are a worldwide alliance. Our member count is well over 30, as well as having an ever growing number of colonies. We welcome any who are interested in either membership or diplomatic relations with us to stop by our forums and fill out the proper application.

I would also like to take this opportunity to present to you our Charter and our Current Government.

Senatus PopulusQue Romanus. (SPQR)

Article I: Admission

Any nation pledging an oath to Rome on the SPQR offsite forum requesting membership will be admitted, provided said nation does not belong to any other Alliance, meets all requirements, and does not present a security risk to Rome.

Further, once a nation is a member of Rome, they are forbidden to join any other Alliance in the game under threat of expulsion and/or destruction by the Roman Legion.

Article II: Structure of Rome

1. The Plebeian Council

All member nations of SPQR will automatically have a seat in the Plebeian Council and will be corporately responsible for electing nations to the Roman Senate.

2. The Roman Senate

The Senate of Rome will consist of eight Roman nations. Four of these nations will be appointed by the Consuls. They shall be appointed for one month, until resignation, or until removal by the Consuls.

Each of the four appointed Senators will take on a role as the leader of one of the Roman branches of Government:
    a. Foreign Affairs (Tribune)
    b. Military Affairs (Praetor)
    c. Economic Affairs (Censor)
    d. Internal Affairs (Aedile)

The Senate will also seat four Senators who are elected once a month by the Plebeian Council. Nations that have been members longer than two weeks can be nominated within the Plebeian Council beginning one week before the election date, in designated Election threads.

Each of these Senators will take on a role as deputy of one of the aforementioned Branches.

The four appointed Senators have emergency powers to eject any member from the order, below the rank of Senator, on matters of Alliance Security. The Senator must post the expulsion in the Plebeian Council and present evidence. The expulsion may be overturned within forty-eight hours by two appointed Senators or anytime by the Consuls.

3. Pro Magistrates

The Consuls may appoint any member nation of the Plebeian Council to act as a Pro Magistrate, who will serve purely as an advisory Council to both the Consuls and the Senate. They hold no direct power.

4. The Consuls

The Consuls are the leaders of the Alliance. The Consuls will co-chair the Roman Senate, maintain veto power and has the ability to block the election of specific Senators if either sees fit to do so. The Consuls are empowered to appoint a Regent to conduct affairs in his/her absence and a Proconsul to represent his/her interests on the Senate and abroad. The Regent will be the designated successor to the Consuls, should one resign. The Consuls serve for life or until resignation. In the event a Consul resigns he or she will take up the title Consul Emeritus and serve as counsel to all levels of Rome. If the Regent is unable or unavailable to become a Consul a Consul Emeritus can be recalled from retirement by the Senate to reassume the mantle and office of Consul. In such circumstances the Senate must be of majority accord and must have the approval of the sitting Consul and all Consul Emeritus holders. If the sitting Consul is unavailable approval is required from the Regent. If the Regent is also unavailable approval from a Proconsul is required.

The Consuls have emergency powers to eject any person he/she deems is a threat to the security of Rome. Should the decision be disputed a vote of the Senate may be requested whereby a two-thirds majority of the Senators vote is required to overturn the Consuls decision after consideration of evidence presented by the Consul and the complainant.

Article III: Expulsion from Rome

Any nation can submit a motion to expel a fellow member from Rome to the Senate. The Senate will review the case and may dismiss the case if it is deemed to be frivolous or not made in the interests of the SPQR; an Appointed Senator may also exercise the right to immediately expel the accused in the interests of security as per Article II.2 as can the Consuls as per Article II.4. The accused nation will be given 24 hours to respond to the accusations. The Senate may extend the time for response, investigation, and deliberation if it so wishes; afterwards a simple aye or nay poll will be made in which all members may vote on expelling the accused. In order for the motion to carry 75% + 1 of the member nations must vote in favor of the expulsion. There will be a time limit of 24 hours on expulsion votes. If the percentage is not reached before the time limit the motion fails. However, any member nation that has been a member of the SPQR for less than a one (1) week period that declares war without Senate approval may be expelled immediately without a vote from the Plebeian Council. The Consuls cannot be expelled from SPQR. Likewise, the Consuls can pardon any nation from expulsion.

Article IV: Amendments to the Charter

Any nation can submit a motion to amend the Charter to the Plebeian Council floor. Article II.4 and Article IV are not open for amendment unless consented to by both Consuls. Discussion will take place for a period of no less than 8 hours but no more than 36 hours. If a supermajority (defined herein as 75% + 1) of the member nations voice support for the amendment before the 36 hour time limit is reached then the motion will be considered passed and carried (pending both Consuls consent). If it does not reach the supermajority before the 36 hour limit the motion will fail.

The Government of Rome:

Consuls: Templar and ManTooth
    Regent: Devona
    Tribune: Kleonidas of Alexandria
    Praetor: beanboi
    Censor: Cholinex
    Aedile: House_Atreides

Our forums are located here.

o/ Ave Roma!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Divine Templar ().

• We are also founded in-game but due to diplomacy point limitations, most of our members are having to wait to join us. If you wish to join SPQR, please sign-up on our forums first. Once accepted there, we can see about getting your account listed in-game.

Attacks on members who are not "listed" in game will still be considered an attack upon the entirety of Rome. Trust me when I say that we are easy to spot. We have no wish for enemies, in fact quite the opposite. We wish for friendly relations with all. But do not take that as a sign of Pacifism, for you will be sadly mistaken if you attempt to harm us.

Diplomats from other alliances are also most welcome to sign-up on our forums.

o/ Ave Roma!
    o/ Ave Delta!
    o/ Ave Ikariam!
  • Sure just visit our forums and sign up. You don't need a embassy yet we have a long list of people trying to join our in game part of the alliance right now. a embassy is required in the future to join the in game alliance though.
  • No problem Dizzle. I hope I can announce alliance updates here though. As for my update, SPQR has a new Aedile he is VomLeone. Also SPQR is still recruiting and has 35-40 members participating on our forums currently. We still encourage people to join up and have fun with the states of Rome.

ManTooth
    Consul of Rome

SPQR Alliance
  • ManTooth is a Consul(basically a co-head of the alliance), the same as I am. It is only fitting that he have the right to post here.

Also, bump.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Divine Templar ().

• Originally posted by Divine Templar
    ManTooth is a Consul(basically a co-head of the alliance), the same as I am. It is only fitting that he have the right to post here.

Also, bump.

yeah so dont warn me this time.

also bump
  • Hey i would like to join up. i was told by one of your members (scotticus) that i was supposed to apply on here. I'm up to 3 towns now. i am building a strong military and a large trade fleet. Hope i can join.

Thanks,

Broxterman

~ Only topic starter and diplomats may post here ~ +1 warning ~ Coooolo70 ~
  • For all those who would like to talk to me or Templar about joining SPQR you can also visit our IRC channel.

Server: irc.esper.net

channel: spqr

When you join the channel you must state your business to get voiced.

ManTooth
    Consul of Rome

SPQR Alliance
  • *squint!*

XD

SPQR is an awesome alliance, great community/forum, and large number of members! We help each other from across the Delta world

~ Only topic starter and siplomats may post here ~ +1 warning ~ Coooolo70 ~