Pinned Discussion about MOTM

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Kirika wrote:

So when will the thread for suggesting them open? And can we suggest more than one person?

Last two weeks in month there will be open two threads; Suggestion for MOTM user and Voting for MOTM user.
      The first topic which will be open is; suggestion for MOTM user. There you can suggest OTHER user, not yourself.
      The second topic which will be open is; Voting for MOTM user. Every user can post for one name.
      You can become MOTM person every 5 months.

So 2 weeks before month ends will be suggestion thread. You can of course only suggest one person :p

Esquilache wrote:

The winner wins what?

The one who becomes MOTM will have special rank and will have some cool stuff that will only MOTM person see.

As I wrote the one who becomes will have special rank and will have something else - more cool for users then for you :p

Jake. wrote:

Can we vote staff?

If we can, I'm voting for TwistedFairytale.

Yes you can suggest staff. And like I reply'd up. This thread is only for discussion not for suggestion. Suggestion will start in a week. :P
    • And I have a guestion too. ^^
      Will this person keep his rank only for a month
      e.g.
      lilaaa:MOTM September 2012
      then lilaaa will lose or keep her rank after MOTM Ocotber 2012 :?:
    • ~Blacky~ wrote:

And I have a guestion too. ^^
      Will this person keep his rank only for a month
      e.g.
      lilaaa:MOTM September 2012
      then lilaaa will lose or keep her rank after MOTM Ocotber 2012 :?:

Yes only for a month. After clock passes to 1rst there will be new person as MOTM.
    • You have to have at least ten posts...
      All of the other requirements make sense. For being a motm of the social corner.
      Be at least 5 months old. Given time all spammers will fulfill that requirement.
      Be an active social cornerer... be active in the social corner.
      Make sense that if you are a potential for the social corner
      that you have to be active in the social corner.

The no post count rules is what I like about the social corner.
      Social corner is a place where you should socialize not pay a big deal about post count.
      I always thought that was the point. That the amount of posts you have here does not matter.

I guess. The question I'm asking Is for a place that make it a point not to count posts.
      Why is post count so important that it is the requirement to be the motm of the social corner?
      Embrace your inner demons.
    • I don't recall saying it's motm for social corner O.o... it's motm in general meaning whole board. :)

So the rule for post still counts. :)

P.S. Making 10 posts isn't that hard, simply by writing in General Discussion (which is discussion for everything not board or game)
    • Ok, I think a lot of things need to be clarified about this contest ?(

lilaaa wrote:

I don't recall saying it's motm for social corner O.o... it's motm in general meaning whole board. :)

lilaaa wrote:

Member of the month is person who is chosen by other users by voting as the most active spammer.

lilaaa wrote:

The criteria for becoming MOTM person is:
      • Person have to be active in Social Corner.

lilaaa wrote:

It's simply who is most active spammer so please suggest / vote for person who deserves that.

Seems quite evident to me that the contest revolves around social corner activity and the active spammers within it, so in fact the 10 post-rule seems to be the anomaly. So it's a fair question, and a kinda confusing answer.

lilaaa wrote:

After third time I think I should point this out since it looks like people don't read

Please don't suggest person over and over this isn't voting, so the person that gets more suggestions will be taken as one

This isn't voting, suggesting one person same time is pointless.
      Hey now, don't bite the people who're trying to enjoy your contest! We do read :D With all due respect I suggest it's actually you who's forgotten what you've written, or just not explained the process clearly enough when you did.

I've quoted the MOTM rules below. You'll notice the underlined sections which clearly indicate that this is a "Voting" contest. Unless you mean't with rule 3 that -later- a thread for the purpose of voting will be opened. If so then it's very confusing, and people can't be blamed for getting that muddled and thinking suggesting is voting, afterall we've been in the last two weeks of the month for 5 days now and there's no 'voting' thread yet.

Needing 4 threads for the one contest does seem a little excessive though ... Having the suggestions (nominations) thread -as- votes seems to make more sense to me and kills the need for a 4th thread.

lilaaa wrote:

So, we have new (or well not new I guess) thing on forum! Member of the month is person who is chosen by other users by voting as the most active spammer. The one who becomes MOTM will have special rank and will have some cool stuff that will only MOTM person see.

Rules will be these;
      1. Last two weeks in month there will be open two threads; Suggestion for MOTM user and Voting for MOTM user.
      2. The first topic which will be open is; suggestion for MOTM user. There you can suggest OTHER user, not yourself.
      3. The second topic which will be open is; Voting for MOTM user. Every user can post for one name.
      4. You can become MOTM person every 5 months.

The criteria for becoming MOTM person is:
      • Person have to be on board for at least 5 months.
      • Person have to have at least 10 posts.
      • Person have to be active in Social Corner.

Also this isn't something, "I like this person since I'm friends with him/her so I'll vote for him/her" or something like that. It's simply who is most active spammer so please suggest / vote for person who deserves that.

Any question about this can be asked in discussion thread.
    • Seems quite evident to me that the contest revolves around social corner activity and the active spammers within it, so in fact the 10 post-rule seems to be the anomaly. So it's a fair question, and a kinda confusing answer.

Well as I already said, 10 posts is a must - and no it's not only social corner, some people will suggest somebody who's not active at all - I just chose social corner because there is most of spam and most of people who are posting that's why I said active there. Member of the Month is for whole board not just one section.

Hey now, don't bite the people who're trying to enjoy your contest! We do read :D With all due respect I suggest it's actually you who's forgotten what you've written, or just not explained the process clearly enough when you did.

*bites* well it's not that I did that it's just like... I already said it's suggestion, and people keep writing same name ._. - meaningless posts as it will be only once that persons name.

I've quoted the MOTM rules below. You'll notice the underlined sections which clearly indicate that this is a "Voting" contest. Unless you mean't with rule 3 that -later- a thread for the purpose of voting will be opened. If so then it's very confusing, and people can't be blamed for getting that muddled and thinking suggesting is voting, afterall we've been in the last two weeks of the month for 5 days now and there's no 'voting' thread yet.

Needing 4 threads for the one contest does seem a little excessive though ... Having the suggestions (nominations) thread -as- votes seems to make more sense to me and kills the need for a 4th thread.

And you got point there it is confusing - will fix it in few, tho rules and discussion is needed as much as suggestion and voting :)