gaining something from occupation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• gaining something from occupation

General Information:

What are you suggesting? im saying that when you occupy someones town you get a percentage of the resources they mine
    How will it change the battlefield? this means that if i occupy a town that gets 100 wood an hour, they still get 100 wood an hour but the occupier will also get 10 wood in the town that the occupying force was sent from

Suggestion Reason:

apart from using an occupying base as somewhere to send fights from, you can't do much else and it costs you a lot to maintain an occupation so i think that it would give another purpose to occupation.
  • Problem is, I would occupy all my friends, who will agree not to rebel when I have no troops stationed, and they will occupy me under the same agreement. Too easily abused. Trust me, I spent a good five hours thinking this one over before, and I thought of no tangible way to get resources over time from an occupied town.
  • I also agree that occupation in its current state is not as useful as its supposed to be and it probably needs some change. But your suggestion can be easily abused as dD_ShockTrooper said, so No from me.

My signature is a precious gift from Atina :love:
  • dD_ShockTrooper wrote:

Problem is, I would occupy all my friends, who will agree not to rebel when I have no troops stationed, and they will occupy me under the same agreement. Too easily abused. Trust me, I spent a good five hours thinking this one over before, and I thought of no tangible way to get resources over time from an occupied town.

then there should not work for anyone in the same alliance or on your friends list, or it it could be out of the hudred wood per hour the occupier gets 10% eg 20 wood and the owner of the town gets the other 90% eg 90 wood
  • Right, then I have my friends who I don't have on my friends list in a separate alliance and collusively occupy them. Wing alliances suddenly become much more useful. Occupation is strong enough as it is; no from me.
  • Ok... gaining something could be abused...

I think the occupied person should not be able to
    a.mine resources and
    b. collect gold at the occupied town...

If you have all towns occupied no resources and gold can be collected! :beer:

Can you abuse that? I doubt!
  • Shikyo Sachi wrote:

A lot of smaller players would end up being occupied.

I like the ideal, but it could not be balanced well enough not to be abused.

New worlds are made for "small" players... if you want an account at an old server... trade or ask for donation!

When you enter/start a world that is running for some months or years you MUST KNOW there will be some disadvantages!
    If you are old player and stay forever "small"... try a different game!
    :lol:
  • Manolinho wrote:

a.mine resources and

If you have all towns occupied no resources and gold can be collected!

So then let's say someone doesn't like me and they decide to make me quit the game and occupy all of my towns. I don't see that as a positive addition to the game. No way from me.
  • Original suggestion - no

New version of the suggestion - Hell no. Do you understand how easy it is to abuse that as well? you hopped onto my island, I dont want you there, occupy you. You gain no gold or resources to attack back in that town... cool, I now occupy your other towns and it is literally impossible for you to ever get out of that state as you never gain resources or gold to fight back.

Sig by June 8)
  • Manolinho wrote:

Ok... gaining something could be abused...

a.mine resources and

If you have all towns occupied no resources and gold can be collected! :beer:

Manolinho wrote:

Shikyo Sachi wrote:

A lot of smaller players would end up being occupied.

I like the ideal, but it could not be balanced well enough not to be abused.

New worlds are made for "small" players... if you want an account at an old server... trade or ask for donation!

When you enter/start a world that is running for some months or years you MUST KNOW there will be some disadvantages!
    If you are old player and stay forever "small"... try a different game!
    :lol:

If we all followed this logic, Ika wouldn't last 6 months. Even with new severs, the larger players would occupy all the smaller new players, new players would leave in droves and before you know it, there are no new players.

I do like the ideal of gaining something from an occupation, but we already gain enough.
  • B83 wrote:

So then let's say someone doesn't like me and they decide to make me quit the game and occupy all of my towns. I don't see that as a positive addition to the game. No way from me.

Wonder why someone might not like you! Maybe you deserve that! Muahaha!!

PS. Make people like you! It is always better and has also benefits!