Town Order

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• General Information: -Changing Town Order-

Would not it be nice that we can change the order of the town?
    It is located beside ambrosia, where you can click it to see your town name and coordinate , ex [50:50]Aljabra
    Right now it is put in order from capital to the latest colony..

Suggestion Reason:

The reason is this : It is a matter of preference, i prefer to change the order of my town lets say to marble, marble, marble , and then wine..
    Rather than marble, wine, marble, marble ..
    So yeah, i hope you guys like the idea too and GF will implement it :D

Atra esterni ono thelduin - May good fortune rule over you

Thanks Heidee for the Avi and Sig :thumbsup:
  • This gets a yes from me. OCD kicking in, :P I like to put things in a certain order
    - Vision without action is merely a dream.
    - Action without vision just passes the time.
    - Vision with action can change the world.
  • Small feature but sometimes could be useful to sort towns by coordinates or resources. So - YES from me.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • I thought that your suggestion refers to building arrangement but it's not. But it's better if you could also have suggested this.

Anyway, some of us being an O.C., including myself, it's a yes.
    marxistweb88
    ph.ikariam - Gamma/Alpha (PH servers closed)
    en.ikariam - Sigma: EIMU (started 6/21/2010, Servers merged, originally from Omikron)
    en.ikariam - Pi: XIP (started 2/13/2012, Servers merged, originally from Tau)
  • HUGE yes from me

I was just about to come online and suggest this myself. First of all, I don't think "I wouldn't use this feature" is a good reason to vote no. I don't use miracles, but I appreciate that some find them useful.

Besides the "OCD" aspect of organizing your towns by resource, there are also other more useful reasons. First of all, if one changes the orer of their towns, I would like it to be everywhere - not just in the drop down town selector, but also anywhere towns are listed - in the Builder's Overview, resource list, building list, citizens list, in the troop and unit lists in the military overview, research overview, etc. Sometimes when I'm working on cetain building projects I may want to move towns to the top that need resources transported, need troops transported, etc. I may want to move towns down that I'm currently "not working on". I might want to put them in geographic order so it helps to "visualize" how they are arranged and help plan shipping times, etc. There have been any number of times where I've wanted to reorder my towns.
  • ParrotRob wrote:

I was just about to come online and suggest this myself. First of all, I don't think "I wouldn't use this feature" is a good reason to vote no. I don't use miracles, but I appreciate that some find them useful.

Besides the "OCD" aspect of organizing your towns by resource, there are also other more useful reasons. First of all, if one changes the orer of their towns, I would like it to be everywhere - not just in the drop down town selector, but also anywhere towns are listed - in the Builder's Overview, resource list, building list, citizens list, in the troop and unit lists in the military overview, research overview, etc. Sometimes when I'm working on cetain building projects I may want to move towns to the top that need resources transported, need troops transported, etc. I may want to move towns down that I'm currently "not working on". I might want to put them in geographic order so it helps to "visualize" how they are arranged and help plan shipping times, etc. There have been any number of times where I've wanted to reorder my towns.

Voted yes. Reason = ^
    -
    Beta - Leader of the Great Alliance LAW (formerly of Gamma)
    -
  • I voted yes and I think it could help different players in different ways.

Eg: I have recently used ambrosia to move a town to a better miracle. But it's now closer to a different wine town. Previously my towns were nicely grouped around the town I supplied wine to each of them and I've found myself a few times since sending wine to the wrong town.

P.S. Also I have C.D.O.. It's like OCD just the letters are in alphabetical order THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE!
  • Geographic ordering would be ideal for how I have my empire arranged in small clusters. Oldest to newest is just too meaningless - it might as well be alphabetical (in fact, if the list was alphabetically arranged, then you could change town names to suit whatever order you wanted - so that would be better!).

Anyway, a yes from me.
  • voted yes. I don't think it gives an significant improvement to the game, but it certainly can't hurt :D
    ~Tau [RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of U-E-A & Member of CORE
    ~Phi [RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of U-E-C & Leader and Diplomat of -U-E-
    ~Apollo[RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of -E-
    ~Charon

R.I.P. Upick
  • I like this idea. quick question, for the order is it for the order of choosing what town to go to by the island view, the order at the trading post, or both? I would prefer both but especially trading post. I hate transporting wine and accidentally clicking on a wine town and having to click on the trading post again