Vacation Mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Vacation Mode

I was under the impression that vacation mode was there for players who wanted to go on holiday and leave their accounts safe for when they return yet it seems more likely that players use it when being attacked, either against simple pillages or during wars it is being used more and more as a defense tactic

I think the way vacation mode is used needs to be altered by putting a 24 hour delay on it like when leaving an alliance, there should also be a minimum of 24 hours (or even a week) where vacation mode can not be activated again once a player has returned

This will make the day to day game play more enjoyable as there would be far less accounts sitting in vacation mode and people would not be so keen to activate it as they are now
  • why are you going to alter a game mechanic that is used to help those that need it, regardless of when or how you use it it can be negative for the attacker and sure, its a little irritating but its fine once you know hes gonna sign back in in 48 hours, time to place him back into VM whereas adding this will hurt those that need it, perhaps they signed in to toss themselves back into VM, maybe somebody died or multiple other aspects its here to help those that need it and to be toyed with by those that are :censored:. They are already penalized by not having anything for those 48 hours.

No, voted down.

Sig by June 8)
  • And again... :monster:

Disable Vacation Mode

Stop fighters from abusing Vacation mode

Other Vacation Mode cooldown period

Say "NO" to instant vacation mode

Wait period before vacation mode is activated

+ many other rejected ideas.

Big fat NO from me (reasons can be found in all threads above).
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Bambix and Draxo I agree with what your saying
    but I think Eric has a point about once you come back from V-Mode you should not be allowed to hit it again for a set period (ok he said 1 week)
    We should all be using V-Mode for when WE NEED IT
    not because someone`s attacking ,
    I`m in that sernario at the moment, I logged on and saw a red light, .....pillage on way.....
    my troops were to far away to get there in time so I let the pillage happen
    I waited till he got the pillage home and sent my troops to reclaim my goods ........................he hit V-Mode
    he`s back now, just gotta work out when he sleeps cos I`m getting them goods back lol
    I know as soon as I send a pillage he`ll hit V-mode again .................so going for plan B moving to his island
    But if after you been in V-mode we had a 5/7 day cool down period before the next one??????????????????????
  • It's there for a reason and put quite simply it's abused by those who build up a GS they cannot sustain so they attack and then hit (v) mode, reappear a couple of days later, attack again and then go straight back to (v) mode.

I'd like to see 2 lots of (v) mode per month and if you (v) mode again it doesn't become effective until the 30th day from the first (v) mode. Put quite simply it would stop some of the abuse that is currently taking place.
  • Vacation Mode by 99% of the players is not used they way it is supposed!

BIG FAT YES FROM ME!

That is a matter that needs immediate attention and redesign by GF! And i bet my head GF would win more and more money if VM was changed or disabled!

Disable Vacation Mode

LordBevan wrote:

Why is it that silly threads like this keep getting approved while my more serious thread get rejected?
    Stop fighters from abusing vacation mode

You should vote to disable VM and nobody would abuse it!
  • We should all be using V-Mode for when WE NEED IT
    Exactly - and nobody can't forbid me to go in vacation in any moment, even if it's only some hours after previously period.

@Manolinho
    It's very sad to see that you don't have anything else outside computer, otherwise you would understand that people have real life issues when vacation mode is needed and won't talk about disabling vacation.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • I still think its funny... hypothetically if this were passed and implemented and all that :censored: and you decided to attack me and I went into VM, you'd still be :censored: off... what did you fix? the only thing you did is stop the people that need to use it from using it when they can if other issues come up. You should look at it in the logical way - if somebody VMs on you, call it a victory and they lose out on all production, income and activity for minimum 48 hours. Instead you look at it this way - well, they're going to do it again and it sucks for me bla bla bla... sure, its likely they're going to do it again but again, they'll do it again no matter how you implement it. The current way is actually more rage-ful to them than it is to you, they lose out on EVERYTHING and then they can come back and lose out on EVERYTHING again and again and again until they stop VMing out.

This doesn't even sound like a good idea from a business aspect for GF. If this were the case and I needed to go into VM, I expect to do such whenever I want, if I were to pull out early I expect to go back in if I must and if I cannot, why am I going to feed them my money for my account basically committing suicide and all that work I put into my account basically nullified from the pillages, the enraged citizens etc.

Its funny the way that thread you decided to bring up into this thread ended, especially the last post something around the lines of "This idea is not accepted by the ika.org community..." lmao when will people learn?

Sig by June 8)
  • Draxo wrote:

It's very sad to see that you don't have anything else outside computer, otherwise you would understand that people have real life issues

It is more sad that real life issues begin EXACTLY the time you* are under attack! Some minutes before the attack when VM was not activated i suppose you* did not have real life! Well i do not find that normal!

*not you personally, but every player uses VM under such circumstances!!!
  • im still deciding, but what this is doing is pennalizing everyone for the actions of a few fighters. i dont see why i should be limited on when i can go into v mode based on the actions of a group of people who decided to commit an act tht makes someone mad because now they cant hit them. i understand the annoynance, but i dont believe everyone in ikariam should be forced into being delayed a v mode based on someone elses actions. some of us are more busy than others, they may hit v mode every other week due to real life issues or perhaps there job, career, etc. im still deciding but im leaning towards no
  • Brought up SO many times in SO many communities in SO many ways. Repeat of a repeat of a repeat. No, for all the reasons mentioned before - at most I feel there should be a 4-6 hour delay. OR do what I did and include a penalty of 10k damage for each person from either alliance who Vmodes during war. Put a screenshot (without coords of course) of their name on your diplomacy thread - seems like that's a good incentive to give players not to vmode.
  • New piracy game not protects you vacation mode. 30 day long game. Why must So eager defend vacation mode. This is online game. Your troops fight every night , if you sleeping in offline. MY troops do.:D
  • Your troops fight every night , if you sleeping in offline. MY troops do
    Don't you really see difference between damage when defender is online and when offline? Or you simply are trolling now?

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Your troops fight every night , if you sleeping in offline. MY troops do

Don't you really see difference between damage when defender is online and when offline? Or you simply are trolling now?

I don't see difference online ,offline defence. We don't have ares anymore. If you have enough GS. You can defend town 4-8hours offline too. I rebuild my army 4-6 hours. No problem.
    If online! 90% people Procent Not going battle, to defend. rather avoid battle(colossus,etc.)

If online! 80% procent people using vacation mode. To prevent pillaging. That is true.
  • If online! 90% people Procent Not going battle, to defend. rather avoid battle(colossus,etc.)
    If online! 80% procent people using vacation mode. To prevent pillaging. That is true.
    Please - give us source of this "statistic"! :thumbsup:

(c) Albert Einstein

• If online! 90% people Procent Not going battle, to defend. rather avoid battle(colossus,etc.)

Please - give us source of this "statistic"! :thumbsup:

I figured it deleted accounts too. This Statictic. People's staying in the game. % is lower. But bad too.

1 United Warriors(-UWA-) 128 317,574,578 2,481,051
    1 United Fighters(UFA) 106 196,484,817 1,853,630
    3 Ronin(Ronin) 65 68,213,402 1,049,437
    4 Necromongers(Necro) 30 814,794 27,160

I play 4 servers active now. plus testserver. I played 10-12 server. My alliente mates 333 now. we attack many players,many wars. this "statitic". I learned around 2000-3000 players. of which 3000players deleted accounts i think 1000-2000.

the ploblem with vacation mode. First go vacation mode. He comes back We hit again and again. And he do not learn the game ,how to protect yourself. Somebody using vacation mode often. (2day not login) Become a farm player. I personally deleted my game style in 3 year 500 farm players.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Gyuri34 ().