Quick pirate fix for mobile version

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Quick pirate fix for mobile version

General Information: The pirate fortress is currently inaccessible for mobile versions of Ikariam. If players try to use the normal version on mobile or tablet devices, it is extremely slow to navigate to the fortress.
    What are you suggesting? A quick hyperlink somewhere on the mobile version that would open the fortress in the town.

It could be placed below the "Troops in town" button on the left side of the mobile version. Having this simple button would make life much easier until there are dedicated android/ iOS apps.
    Sometimes me think "what is friend?"
    And then me say, "friend is someone to share last cookie with."
  • I think the problem you see and the problem people see are two VERY different problems, the problem I see with using the browser is well... it sucks (end of story) the mobile version is useable in more ways than one, its not enraging to deal with and it makes sense whereas the current (and probably the future) version sucks, its not organized, its ugly and its more difficult to use.

Sig by June 8)
  • bamcbix wrote:

I think the problem you see and the problem people see are two VERY different problems, the problem I see with using the browser is well... it sucks (end of story) the mobile version is useable in more ways than one, its not enraging to deal with and it makes sense whereas the current (and probably the future) version sucks, its not organized, its ugly and its more difficult to use.

it is not enraging to deal with, but it will NOT be dealt with.

ps. to be honest, I only posted because I had to mention about the fact that 0.4.5 interface will not be dealt with. This is not to kill any opinions, but a fact.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • I suppose that author's idea is to add this "quick-link" in normal version...
    If players try to use the normal version on mobile or tablet devices, it is extremely slow to navigate to the fortress.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

I suppose that author's idea is to add this "quick-link" in normal version...
    If players try to use the normal version on mobile or tablet devices, it is extremely slow to navigate to the fortress.

This precisely. I know its probably a huge ask for gf to update one of their old versions.... but I deem it to be essential.

On the one hand it is acknowledgd that there is a significant player base using mobile devices, but then on the other they have a brand new shiny feature (which requires players to be very active in game to do well) which is not usable on 90%+ of said devices.

I don't have a huge amount of hope for this, but I really think the mobile version deserves to be recognised as a necessary entity of its own.

Thank you for listening! :D
  • Hi,
    nice idea so I voted yes. I can't use the new version on my phone or tablet.

Problem is that you just won't need a link to the pirate fortress but also a pirate flag next to the towns and islands to indicate the presence of a target.

I don't think they will implement it unless GF suddenly decides that the old version is still better then a mobile app.
  • With perhaps half of Ikariam using the old ("Mobile") version, this is essential really.

Ikariam is an on-the-go game, and no doubt just as many desktop users like myself are being forced to swap between the two versions just for piracy :(

So please GameForge, until you release a dedicated mobile version that has a friendly UI, update 0.4.5 to allow piracy :)

Voted yes! This should be top-rated definitely.
  • Makes sense to me

and i do not even know how to keep my phone from taking pictures of the inside of my van ..LOL

the mobile version with a quick link is in keeping with this day and age.

So i am going with a Yes and trust that GF can get the thing right from jumpstreet.
    Jumpstreets maybe to difficult , maybe by version 9..1 .....sorry, i am sorta overly optimistic at times..
    Weezbo

*~//: )
    PS it Could Happen! lol... hope that helps.
    :whistling:
  • OK - a yes for me as I agree with the sentiment of the idea and I have been stuck when away from my computer and relying on a mobile to just temporarily ignore the piracy feature.

However - a mobile/tablet app would solve this AND make other significant improvements (if done well). So if GF say this is the best use of their resources - as long as it includes a solution to this problem - I'd support that.
  • very good idea.. I can't sit in front of a computer in my workplace, as being a teacher. So I need to use my smartphone to do a couple of pirate runs at recess time.. but as we all know, pirate fortress is not present in the ikariam map of any smartphone or tablets..

Please fix it GF, we trust you :thumbsup:

voted yes.
  • Sarberas wrote:

but as we all know, pirate fortress is not present in the ikariam map of any smartphone or tablets..

Just to clarify this. Tablets can use piracy, and it's really not too difficult to 'drag' the piracy fortress in player's view; but not all phones can use piracy; and yes, it is not easy to 'drag' the fortress into one's view.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • iotsak wrote:

Sarberas wrote:

but as we all know, pirate fortress is not present in the ikariam map of any smartphone or tablets..

Tablets can use piracy, and it's really not too difficult to 'drag' the piracy fortress in player's view; but not all phones can use piracy; and yes, it is not easy to 'drag' the fortress into one's view.
    True and true, but slightly conflicting statements. For the three categories, I would say:
    • It's largely possible to drag the fortress on most tablets. With a decent screen size, little to no problem.
    • For high end phones, its very possible, but annoyingly slow.
    • I would argue that on most low/medium end android devices, its either impossible to drag it, or very hard.
    At any rate, if this "fix" (or feature; who cares about the assigned name either way) is any easier than developers spending time to roll out full version apps (which I imagine it most certainly is), I see no harm in making life easier for every mobile/tablet user.