What is the meaning of your username?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• What is the meaning of your username?

Why did you chose your username, and what does it mean?
      My two are as follows
      venividivici: I come I see I conquer, in latin quoted from Julius Ceasar!
      VVVSulla: Stands for Veni Vidi Vici Sulla, Sulla was the first real dictator of rome, who seized control of rome from Marius (His fellow Consul)and Proclaimed himself Dictator for life! :D (Which wasn't long he was poisoned shortly after) ;(
    • Well the truth is. I have no clue :)
      When I was a kid I saw someone with the username
      sniperhound
      and someone else with the name
      SniperWolf..

So I made..
      Wolfhound!
    • My nick was given to me at a small age, when I won a fight in grade school against another kid. Ever since I changed it some times, but then I ended up with this again and now a lot of people are calling me this.
    • my username is Pheonixking929, the Pheonixking comes from a show called avatar from the last season when this bad guy was crowned "Pheonix King". the show was one of my favorite shows, and i created an ogame account but adding the 929 at the end of it to i guess make it more original. i consider myself king of my ogame empire and no matter how many times im destroyed, i'll always be reborn(like a phoenix).
    • Well, I wanted to use the name Poseidon in another game, but I was frustrated to find that someone else had already taken that. Therefore, I experimented a bit, and came up with the masterclass of exquisite brilliance that you can find above my rank...
      :thumbsup:
    • Nice, I will share a story of my friends fyukfy's username. I am collecting the meaning of usernames in-game to post here!

Well you might think it means Fredrick Yavner U.K. Fredrick Yavner or some name and U.K. or something, but No. It also doesn't mean [glen]-snip-[/glen].

It actually is he just hit the keyboard randomly a few times! Lol!

I hope I am not reported for the [glen]-snip-[/glen] Part! Lol

[glen]Verbal warning for swearing/censor bypass. Starring out letters does not satisfy the no swearing rule.
      —Glenwing[/glen]
    • Rain Maker.... hmmm.
      I do not actually like rain much. But know that the world needs it XD

So this is how I got my name. When I was younger I wanted to be a lawyer.
      So I read a book call The RainMaker. Thought the book was awesome.
      So change my name to that XD

Here is the dictionary definition

rainmaker:
      Noun
      1. A person who attempts to cause rain to fall, either by rituals or by a scientific technique such as seeding clouds with crystals.
      2. A person who is highly successful, esp. in business.

I like the second definition the best.
      Embrace your inner demons.
    • Many, many years ago I used to play a racing management game where, you guessed it, I was known as Quicksilver Racing and a member of F1United - some of whom are also playing on Ika, Now despite no longer playing that racing game and having played many others I have been known as Quicksilver Racing on all of them.

Why change something when it's fine as it is ;)
    • Well, Lord Hades.

Hades has always been one of my favourite Greek gods and in the Percy Jackson books all gods are usually referred to as 'Lord ____'. So I tried that out and I'm in love with the name now.
      -
      Beta - Leader of the Great Alliance LAW (formerly of Gamma)
      -
    • It's an old nick name from school, the full nick is "Corsini Hudini the wonderful wizard of balls"

And no, not the genitalia, but rugby balls....

Awesome work by empty!! :thumbsup:

Basically.... I like Big Boats and i cannot lie....
    • shadowed knight - originally wanted shadow... was taken... so I went with shadow knight... taken... so I went with shadowed knight and it let me go with it :D so that is how I got my name but the reason why I originally wanted shadow was for some reason I don't actually know... I just liked it :D seemed dark and evil but is definitely not me, but anyway, it then lead to shadowed knight and I also gave a story for my persona :D a knight with a dark past set behind him who tries to run away from it etc etc... but really I don't know... just came up with it :D
    • I think it is open for the boards but it was not open on the Kappa world when I first joined it, and cause I stuck with shadowed knight as my username for Kappa I used it for most things I had an account on... mainly only on Ikariam I call myself shadowed knight :P so same username on Kappa, Delta and the board :D reason why I did not use capitals was because I forgot :S but I like it just being shadowed knight :)
    • So...most of you don't know that but I used to have the nick. BlackSkull when I first joined the board...I chose it(yeah I mean the Skull thing) because I wanted to be really dark and creepy but then...something changed in me and I was more happy so I found this cute panda image then I chose Blacky which I think was taken and here I am ~Blacky~(so it was actually the panda image that made me think of that)